• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Based on the quality of chance created and also a sum total that doesn’t take into account playing time. Seeing as Özil hasn’t played since project restart it says a lot.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Based on the quality of chance created and also a sum total that doesn’t take into account playing time. Seeing as Özil hasn’t played since project restart it says a lot.

How is this supposed to be convincing on Özil's performances? Looking at that I'd play Nelson every time as he is a youth player.

Got any defensive stat comparisons?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

How is this supposed to be convincing on Özil's performances? Looking at that I'd play Nelson every time as he is a youth player.

Got any defensive stat comparisons?
It doesn’t mean start him. It means that he still ranks as one of our more creative players and so he merits being a squad option.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Not the brightest way to say things. He makes it sound like the squad will force Arteta out.
I don't think this situation has anything to do with Arteta. Emery barely played him, the same thing with Ljunberg. Even Wenger wasn't playing him away from home in 17/18 season.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Not the brightest way to say things. He makes it sound like the squad will force Arteta out.
that quote missed out the bit about the players discussing the sitation with Özil at the training ground - which could mean they know what Arteta is not happy with

'The squad is behind Mesut, we're a team and that's always going to be the case until Mesut decides to make his decision on what he wants to do and say," Maitland-Niles said.

"Ultimately, we're focused on the game for now and then when we get back to the training ground we can talk about it if he wants to.'

If you put this alongside his own earlier statements about how Arteta had to teach him to demand more of himself, I suspect Özil's lack of application may be common knowledge

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Now these are STATS
I thought it was basic knowledge to keep as many things constant as possible if you want to measure the effect of one variable (the variable in this case being Özil).

To see people posting with and without Özil stats while neglecting to notice the huge Özil that is the Emery v Arteta really kills the scientist within me. This forum is breaking me man.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

that quote missed out the bit about the players discussing the sitation with Özil at the training ground - which could mean they know what Arteta is not happy with
Players know when a manager has it in for a player and treating hI’m unfairly. But yeah let’s keep defending the manager when the team struggle to create anything. I’m looking forward to the arguments about willock and Nelson being better players. The worse we play the more arteta will be questioned and the more I see some people go to extremes to defend him

drippin

It doesn’t mean start him. It means that he still ranks as one of our more creative players and so he merits being a squad option.

Sure, but Arteta looks at the overall stats, which you have not provided.

Özil being a creative player, and us needing creativity, it means there are more weighting reasons for Arteta to drop him.

In addition we have youngsters, like Nelson, or someone like ESR who hasn't got a chance yet really due to bad luck etc. Hopefully tomorrow.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Why are people surprised players are supporting Özil? They're not going to say anything bad about him when saying nothing would be interpreted as negative.

Just because the club doesn't want him to play for us anymore, doesn't mean they won't be mates. Players can obviously separate the issues.

This is kind of like the story of when Flamini was seen with Cesc and Hleb in an event or preseason thing they were doing after MAthieu had left Arsenal.

His answer was simple, "What do you mean? They're my friends".

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sure, but Arteta looks at the overall stats, which you have not provided.

Özil being a creative player, and us needing creativity, it means there are more weighting reasons for Arteta to drop him.

In addition we have youngsters, like Nelson, or someone like ESR who hasn't got a chance yet really due to bad luck etc. Hopefully tomorrow.
What has Nelson shown in senior to make people think he can do anything? The boy is still living of his youth football hype

Alexs

I’m a big Özil fan. The problem I have is I’m a bigger Arsenal fan and together with the aholes running the club they are undermining our plucky manager and hugely destabilising the club.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
“My club”. :rofl:

It’s Stans club, you just stfu and pay your money.

This isn’t Arsenal as I knew it, don’t think we can call it “my club” anymore.
The whole forum knows you're not an Arsenal fan you dont need to spell it out :lol:

Hopefully Mez leaving takes you off this forum for good :bounce:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Don’t support them anyway when you think about it, haven’t been to matches in years, don’t buy shirts etc. So I’m not giving them anything.

Just watch them, which will stop soon anyway, club has lost its soul a little and we have an owner who is letting it rot away.

We’re not even amongst the two best teams in London anymore. Imagine that. The rot is real.
Go support PSG then. Fact is that we can still be much better even under the ****er Kroenke, how many players have we let run down their deals and go for free or cheap? It has hampered us.

But thats cool leave the club when it really needs you, you were only a fan because of the glory. And you talk about loyalty smh.

Last edited:

drippin

What has Nelson shown in senior to make people think he can do anything? The boy is still living of his youth football hype

Look at the stats where Özil had 2.04 (1) and Nelson 1.8 (1).

I'd want to see more stats comparisons for them, but if Özil would be just a bit better overall than Nelson, I'd play Nelson/have him in the team.

But defensive stats etc. would be interesting.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
"My conscience is very calm because I have been really fair," said Arteta.

"What I can say from my side is that it is just a football decision. My level of communication with him has been really high and we know what to expect with each other.

"Obviously a player of that dimension, with the career he has had, everything that happens around him has a big impact. It has been the case for the last eight years, it is nothing new that is just happening now. A lot of things have happened over these eight years.

"My job is to get the best out of every player, to contribute to the team performance.

"Here I feel at the moment, today, that I have failed. I want the best possible Mesut for the team. And in some moments I was able to get close to that, and at the moment I have not been able to do it because I have to make the decision to leave him out of the squad."
So unless Arteta is lying to us, it was a footballing decision from his side of things. Lines up with The Athletic article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom