• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Rapid Vienna vs Arsenal | Thursday 22 October | 17.55 | BT Sport

Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think Arteta will go with this team:

Runnarrson
Mustafi-Luiz-Kolasanic
AMN-Partey-Elneny-Saka
Pepe-Lacazette-Nelson
(343)

The team I’m hoping for.
Runnarrson
AMN-Mustafi-Luiz-Kolasanic
ESR-Partey-Willock
Pepe-Nketiah-Nelson
(433)

There is no reason for a club that clearly struggles with creativity should be lining up in a back 5 or have sideways passers like Elneny or Xhaka starting. I hope Arteta takes it to them, and if we’re winning by a big margin it wouldn’t hurt to give some players their debut (Azeez or Balogun). Take off Partey by 60th minute so he can start against Leicester.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Arteta will go with this team:

Runnarrson
Mustafi-Luiz-Kolasanic
AMN-Partey-Elneny-Saka
Pepe-Lacazette-Nelson
(343)

The team I’m hoping for.
Runnarrson
AMN-Mustafi-Luiz-Kolasanic
ESR-Partey-Willock
Pepe-Nketiah-Nelson
(433)

There is no reason for a club that clearly struggles with creativity should be lining up in a back 5 or have sideways passers like Elneny or Xhaka starting. I hope Arteta takes it to them, and if we’re winning by a big margin it wouldn’t hurt to give some players their debut (Azeez or Balogun). Take off Partey by 60th minute so he can start against Leicester.
Have Azeez and Balogun even travelled?

Going by Artetas comments, team sounds like its gonna be pretty strong in first team presence.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Remember when we were CL every year and challenging in the top 4 with exciting football. Used to love those days.

Still, let's hope Mikel can get us back to those levels. :lol: Meanwhile . . .

Last edited:

idan

i would go for something like:
Leno
Cedric Mustafi Luiz Amn
Xhaka Partey
Pepe ESR Nelson
Laca​
Poor defence, but i don't care, just want to see Partey and ESR.
also, give Nelson another chance on the left.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
-----------------------Leno
Cedric------Luiz----------Gabriel------Kolasinac
--------------Partey-------AMN
--Pepe--------------Willock------------ESR
----------------------Nketiah

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Europa League group stage is the worst, wish they kept it as just a knockout tournament like it used to be...can't even post any nostalgic videos, as we haven't even played these gimps before...dead game ffs.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Unfortunately gone are the days where we'd win 3-5-0 in these games, these days we should win but only scores like 2-1 or 1-0.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Doubt we are gonna see many fringe players. The way he speaks he is gonna start strong 11

Ceballos injury might tempt to start ESR if he's fit.

I want only partey and auba(badly needs a goal) to start from regular 11

Auba is the player I want least to start. He never gets a rest, never gets subbed, nothing, and yet puts in the biggest mileage.

I'd rather he was 100% for Leicester on Sunday.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I would much rather watch us get smashed by Bayern then lose to Olympiakos in the first knockout round that's for sure.
Yeah, up in my top 10 games is the match against United in 2017 where we lost 3-1. We had 33 shots to their 8 with an xG through the roof. DeGea pulled off a list of world class saves, one an incredible double save. But Kos made a stupid intercepted diagonal ball, and Mustafi gifted a goal to Lingard.:lol: Our passing movements cut them apart with ease. It was beautiful to watch. Watched 3 times. Imagine if we'd had quality CBs like VVD.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Our EPL goal difference has been in the 40s, last year it was 8. :lol:

PL 2020/21 shots taken
1. Liverpool 97
2. Brighton and Hove Albion 75
3. Tottenham Hotspur 74
4. West Ham United 71
5. Manchester City 66
6. Chelsea 65
7. Everton 64
8. Fulham 60
9. Aston Villa 58
10. Leeds United 58
11. Manchester United 57
12. Southampton 54
13. Wolverhampton Wanderers 53
14. Leicester City 49
15. Newcastle United 44
16. Sheffield United 43
17. Burnley 42
18. Arsenal 41
19. West Bromwich Albion 40
20. Crystal Palace 32

Last edited:

Ripe Banana

That's that Arteta ball right there

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
so is this team better or worse than the mighty Ludogrets.. will Willian rise to the occassion. Eagerly awaiting our big new european adventure.

Trofton

i would go for something like:
Leno
Cedric Mustafi Luiz Amn
Xhaka Partey
Pepe ESR Nelson
Laca​
Poor defence, but i don't care, just want to see Partey and ESR.
also, give Nelson another chance on the left.
Cedric and nelson both played full games in U21 squad so doubt they’ll travel

Trofton

Opta Stats

• This will be the first meeting between Rapid Vienna and Arsenal; Rapid Vienna won their last match against English opponents beating Aston Villa 3-2 at Villa Park in a Europa League qualifying match in 2010-11.
  • Arsenal's last Austrian opponents were Austria Wien in the 1991-92 European Cup - they beat them 6-1 at home before losing 0-1 in Austria.
  • This is Rapid Vienna's eighth Europa League campaign, reaching the knockout stages on two occasions previously - 2015-16 and 2018-19.
  • This is Arsenal's fourth consecutive season in the Europa League, reaching the semi-final in 2017-18, the final in 2018-19 and the Last 32 in 2019-20.
  • Bukayo Saka was directly involved in more goals in the Europa League last season than any other Arsenal player, registering two goals and five assists in six appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom