• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If in the end it turns out it's not football related (and that includes workrate and behavior as a professional on and around the pitch), but solely contract/activism related they have a point and this is complete injustice.

However that means Mikel is blatantly lying and sabotaging the teams chances for success on the pitch. I have no reason to believe that to be the case. He has been very transparant about his plans and decisions from day one. I only think he tries to remain as respectfully as possible which means he cannot state the exact actions that led to this situation.

For whatever reason it’s probably justified I just think from the outside in this is the sort of thing that other footballers take notice of.

Lot of players commenting support on his insta post.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's lacking in effort and /or commitment, not talent. And that sentence basically sums up the last 3 years of his career.
Yet Özil insists he’s training and determined to get back into the first team. We see him in training footage that is uploaded and he doesn’t seem to be sulking or creating a negative atmosphere, he seems to be playing just like everyone else.

You have no proof he’s being lazy in training, if anything the little evidence we have suggests he’s training like the others. Despite this you’re determined to knuckle down on your theory and present it as almost fact.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Change the poll and/or in the title in the other thread and Keep this ****ing **** confined to one place. Two threads about a player who doesn’t play for us is ridiculous.
I would think that other thread should be locked as he will no longer play.

Otherwise the mods can add this poll to the Özil thread

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I always wondered why the club didn't just give Özil enough rope to hang himself. That's what clubs normally do. Play a player who you think isn't good enough, let him stink the place out and then the fans won't ask for him to be in the team.
Because they know he can contribute, I’m sure they see the same underlying stats that we do.

If they could give him enough rope to gang himself with they would.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I would think that other thread should be locked as he will no longer play.

Otherwise the mods can add this poll to the Özil thread
That should really happen. Makes sense. Or just an appreciation thread on its own tbh. There’s nothing to be debated per se. It’s just people slagging off the club now. Mikel has said it’s HIS decision. ALL his. So that’s dead as well.

The other thread is worse than the dumpster fire that was locked weeks ago, but because certain people need space to vent, it’s being kept open...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He should have said - if this is what he believes - "Mesut Özil is not fit/is not working hard enough on the training pitch/is a disruptive influence/is too slow."
I don’t think he should say that in public. That would be unprofessional and unfair to Özil. Özil would then have to respond in public and defend himself by contradicting this. Then we would have that dispute carried out in the open which would be worse than what we have now, which is not knowing in detail what has happened.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
That should really happen. Makes sense. Or just an appreciation thread on its own tbh. There’s nothing to be debated per se. It’s just people slagging off the club now. Mikel has said it’s HIS decision. ALL his. So that’s dead as well.

The other thread is worse than the dumpster fire that was locked weeks ago, but because certain people need space to vent, it’s being kept open...

I would have said it was being kept open because certain people keep dumping their rubbish in it

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Stats are so misleading. No sane person who has watched Özil and Nelson think Nelson can contribute more. He is not gonna make it here.

Well those stats were put here by an Özil fan & praised by a few, so obviously I'm gonna point out that our own youth contributes almost similarly creatively, which was my point earlier.

No one has explained why those stats are so great for Özil when asked. Or put other stats comparisons here which would show overall performance better.

I have watched almost every game for Arsenal and surely Özil hasn't been his former self from earlier years. It doesn't take a top class player to perform similarly. Of course Nelson hasn't been great either, but he has high ceiling while Özil is almost retired.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I would have said it was being kept open because certain people keep dumping their rubbish in it
It wasn’t ok when others were dumping their rubbish in it. It was called ‘hate’ and the regular cry babies were complaining that the chance of debate was being taken away... Look at the state of it now :lol: As long as the ‘hate’ is coming from one side, it’s all well and good. Some shameless, duplicitous pieces of work in that thread tbh.

sykesy69

He should have said - if this is what he believes - "Mesut Özil is not fit/is not working hard enough on the training pitch/is a disruptive influence/is too slow."

The club cannot move on whilst the most expensive player (wages-wise) in its history is still with us but not even on the bench in meaningles fixtures without any adequate explanation. Well, without any explanation really.

If he has misbehaved or is surplus to requirements they should cancel his contract.
Jeez, as a footballer who still has a few years left in me, I'd love my manager come out and tell the footballing world that... :eek:ops:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Arteta has made his point very clear and it is black and white. Özil is trying to add colour that simply doesn't exist.

Özil is a footballer and that is his job. His job is to perform in training and to perform on the pitch. Under Wenger, his training and performance was adequate. Under Emery his work rate was questioned and under Arteta it is simply a case of him having a year left, not being fit for the way Arteta wants to play. Özil does not have the athleticism to press, to recover, to enter 50/50s to compete aerially. He also doesn't shoot. His game lends him to the inside right channel which is where Pepe wants to operate.

Sokratis is the same age as Özil. He has just been left out of the Europa league squad and the Premier League squad, just like Özil. Yet we have heard nothing from him and that is how it should be.

drippin

I answered but it didn't suit your agenda so you started talkiing about Nelson instead.

Okay, can you please copy paste or link the reply then rather than claim I have an agenda?

I have many times and in recent years said I rather play our own youth rather than Özil if they perform almost similarly overall. So obviously I point out Nelson from those stats when he has almost similar numbers.

drippin

Okay apparently not, so I guess this is the reply you were referencing:

Trilly: "It doesn’t mean start him. It means that he still ranks as one of our more creative players and so he merits being a squad option."

I asked how are those stats supposed to convince us about Özil's performances, where Nelson has almost similar stats (who hasn't been the greatest either). This surely doesn't explain that, it dodges the question.

And this Trusted member then suggests I have an agenda when he can't even answer the question.

In any case, those stats don't tell us about the overall performance which Arteta will look at, which is why I asked for those stats too.

sykesy69

Reading up it seems like everyone who is with Özil believes his talent alone should warrant a squad position and in a squad that's stuttering attacking wise and maybe they're right.

Football has moved into a style of structure, pace and power, so this isn't football from 10 years ago, add in the facts that some footballers are paid huge sums of money, have their own brands, gaming interests, social media, so with all these changes and distractions, how do you keep players like this focused and motivated?

High Performance Culture; setting standards the players must abide by in order to play on the weekend, same standards for every player regardless of talent. Also making the training ground a fun place to be, no one wants to dread going to work.

Listening to what AMN said in his interview last night about when he was out of the team and Arteta demanding that he demanded more for himself and him being glad that he listened and now he's back in the team and he just tries to go out and do what the manager's asked of him.

In your heart of hearts as none of know exactly what goes on behind closed doors, can you imagine that Özil has been getting his head down the same way AMN has? Coz I dont'.

And as for people wanting transparancy, I remember Wenger was a king of denials and sounding intelligent/interesting while not giving much away and being a master of shielding his players publicly 'Mr. I didn't see it'. Why are we demanding Arteta speak the full truth on the matter, just to maybe settle your appetite or have you state that he's still lying and protecting others just because it's not what you want to hear? C'mon, this is a high level industry, it don't work like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom