• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Maybe the battle between Leno and Emi was great both for goalies.

Now Leno has a safe first place and you already can see, that some % in performances are dropping.

At least the game was only in the EL today and we still won and that's why i would like to see the Nr.2 in this cup.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
It’s not like he’s had consistently terrible performances is it? He may not be perfect and obviously emotions are heightened because of how things played out this summer but I think our fans just need to get over Emi..

It's ****ing annoying, we haven't had a keeper of this calibre since Seaman or even Lens. There is no reason why Emi should have lost his place until proven otherwise.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Choosing Leno as 1st choice fair enough, but why on earth have we basically ensured he has literally no competition? These games are meant for the backup keeper.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Playing the optimist perhaps he's still not fully back up to his best following the injury and in time he'll get there. But **** me, it's really worrying now. I'm not confident with him in so many areas now.

blaze_of_glory

People turning on Leno have no shame. Guy is the only reason we didn't end up 14th last year.

Maybe we should try playing to our player's strengths instead of forcing them to do things they aren't great at under huge pressure. He is a fanstastic shot stopper but is being asked to be a sweeper with the passing ability of Xavi.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

It's ****ing annoying, we haven't had a keeper of this calibre since Seaman or even Lens. There is no reason why Emi should have lost his place until proven otherwise.
Well if he turned out to be **** fans would complain we are rewarding players based on 10 games .. another issue we have actually had a lot at the club lol. It was a lose/lose situation. I suggest getting over it quickly tbh.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Choosing Leno as 1st choice fair enough, but why on earth have we basically ensured he has literally no competition? These games are meant for the backup keeper.
Because we prioritized on other positions. Would you rather spend 15-20 million on David Raya or spunk that on top of a fee for Partey?

Santi's Left Foot

Maybe we should try playing to our player's strengths instead of forcing them to do things they aren't great at under huge pressure. He is a fanstastic shot stopper but is being asked to be a sweeper with the passing ability of Xavi.

That is the system we were playing, and we were winning. I'm not against Arteta (that's if he was even responsible for this?)

I think we've improved but this was a silly decision, end of.

Santi's Left Foot

Well if he turned out to be **** fans would complain we are rewarding players based on 10 games .. another issue we have actually had a lot at the club lol. It was a lose/lose situation. I suggest getting over it quickly tbh.

Nonsense, as i've said in other threads if you've actually followed his career you'd see he was highly rated wherever he went.

Rotherham and Reading fans were saying he was best they've ever seen.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Leno made a lot of quality saves but has deficiencies in other areas that are now key in the PL. People talk about Emi's small sample size but what we see from Leno is a clanger or shaky moment every third game. Emi has one error this season that VAR erased in any case. If we wipe the slate clean and compare the two this season alone, it's Emi who has looked better. Tony Adams is a bit of an idiot at times but you don't ignore the captain of your most legendary defence when he talks down the current number 1.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Nonsense, as i've said in other threads if you've actually followed his career you'd see he was highly rated wherever he went.

Rotherham and Reading fans were saying he was best they've ever seen.
Rotherham and Reading lol come on. That's not a high bar to clear. Emile Smith Rowe went to Huddersfield on loan last season and their fans said he was the best they've seen in years. Chambers was POTY for Fulham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom