• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Rotherham and Reading lol come on. That's not a high bar to clear. Emile Smith Rowe went to Huddersfield on loan last season and their fans said he was the best they've seen in years. Chambers was POTY for Fulham.

Oh ffs, you can only play what's in front you.

If you only get a chance at that level then step up consistently there's no reason why you should be overlooked. This is nonsense.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really dont mind if someone prefering Emi over Leno. But it's the people that seem to genuinely wish for mistakes out of Leno like what is up with some of you lot? Comfortably our second most important player the past two seasons and one mistakae makes him dross. Some of you seem really bitter its weird.

I mean it’s not one mistake if it’s happening every game.

blaze_of_glory

No one is even going that hard on Leno, it's just the fact we had an even better keeper that we paid nothing for and let him go!

Don't think he is good enough for us

There's a reason he cost £20m

Showed again he’s average (we all know what "average" really means on here)

Should be tried at Nuremberg for his crimes in Austria.

These are just from the past two pages

Santi's Left Foot

Don't think he is good enough for us

There's a reason he cost £20m

Showed again he’s average (we all know what "average" really means on here)

Should be tried at Nuremberg for his crimes in Austria.

These are just from the past two pages

Other than the last quote which i'm sure was tongue in cheek, where's the lie?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Oh ffs, you can only play what's in front you.

If you only get a chance at that level then step up consistently there's no reason why you should be overlooked. This is nonsense.
He was there at that level for a reason in the 1st place. And like a lot of people have said here, if he was that highly rated clubs would've been lining up to sign him. But Villa were the only ones who were willing to double his wages and he wants to be Argentina's No. 1. That's it, case closed.

blaze_of_glory

He has been average, though. I'm not buying this we would have finished 14th without him!

He's only looked good because he's had a lot of shots to save. He's a decent shot stopper, that's about it.
He was our most valuable player last year besides Auba. He's only good because he makes saves?? That's the point!

Santi's Left Foot

He was there at that level for a reason in the 1st place. And like a lot of people have said here, if he was that highly rated clubs would've been lining up to sign him. But Villa were the only ones who were willing to double his wages and he wants to be Argentina's No. 1. That's it, case closed.

:lol::lol::lol:

Exactly, Aston Villa DOUBLED his wages.

Malky

Established Member
People bringing up Emi’s loan spells to back up their argument can **** off, the guy was here for 10 years and until the past 6 months no one gave a single **** about him, not one. No one was demanding he should get a chance and this place was in meltdown when Leno got injured. Now a bunch of shameless ****s are acting like they always rated Martinez over Leno. :lol::lol:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Nonsense, as i've said in other threads if you've actually followed his career you'd see he was highly rated wherever he went.

Rotherham and Reading fans were saying he was best they've ever seen.

Yes because we should make players first choice based on fan praise rather than coaches who see him week in week out loool. That would make sense wouldn’t it! I’m sure our fans would’ve been thrilled had that flopped.
Emi might’ve been the answer to all our prayers but the fact is, making him no.1 after 10 games when 20m is on the table when we also had a keeper who no one had an issue with before is a risk that I’m not surprised the club weren’t prepared to make. It’s time for fans to get over it I say.

blaze_of_glory

Educate me on the games hes made mistakes in. Not accepting Man City as an answer because the goal was obviously on bellerin. Literally singlehandely won us a game against liverpool and you guys were oddly quiet then.
These guys acting like Leno's leaking 2-3 goals a game. He's made one mistake leading to a goal today (City one was 100% not on him) and he never should have been given the ball there in the first place.

Santi's Left Foot

People bringing up Emi’s loan spells to back up their argument can **** off, the guy was here for 10 years and until the past 6 months no one gave a single **** about him, not one. No one was demanding he should get a chance and this place was in meltdown when Leno got injured. Now a bunch of shameless ****s are acting like they always rated Martinez over Leno. :lol::lol:

You're chatting absolute ****e, I've already stated how much I rated before we even won the FA Cup.

It was a shocking decision to drop him and let him go, if you don't understand that by now you never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom