• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I really dont mind if someone prefering Emi over Leno. But it's the people that seem to genuinely wish for mistakes out of Leno like what is up with some of you lot? Comfortably our second most important player the past two seasons and one mistakae makes him dross. Some of you seem really bitter its weird.
I definitely don't wish Leno to make mistakes and I do order Emi. Sadly, Leno keeps giving me something to whinge about.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Yes because we should make players first choice based on fan praise rather than coaches who see him week in week out loool. That would make sense wouldn’t it! I’m sure our fans would’ve been thrilled had that flopped.
Emi might’ve been the answer to all our prayers but the fact is, making him no.1 after 10 games when 20m is on the table when we also had a keeper who no one had an issue with before is a risk that I’m not surprised the club weren’t prepared to make. It’s time for fans to get over it I say.

Nope, it was a shocking decision end of.

You simply don't change a winning side. I want Leno to succeed but he hasn't been as good as Emi, it's as simple as that.

Malky

Established Member
You're chatting absolute ****e, I've already stated how much I rated before we even won the FA Cup.

It was a shocking decision to drop him and let him go, if you don't understand that by now you never will.
Does Martinez never make mistakes?
Why was it a stupid decision to drop him? It was the decision of the manager and coaching staff that watch him every day - obviously favoured Leno, get over it!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think we need to get over it guys.

Arteta and his Gk coach chose Leno. They watched them both everyday for months, countless hours in training and chose Leno.

Also if we sold Leno a German international for Emi on a purple patch and then Emi showed himself to not be a top class keeper...Every one would call us the dumbest club in the world.

Santi's Left Foot

Arteta and his Gk coach chose Leno. They watched them both everyday for months, countless hours in training and chose Leno.

Also if we sold Leno a German international for Emi on a purple patch and then Emi showed himself to not be a top class keeper...Every one would call us the dumbest club in the world.

It wasn't an either or decision this summer, Emi would have simply kept his place until proven otherwise.

If Leno wanted to leave next year then so be it.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It wasn't an either or decision this summer, Emi would have simply kept his place until proven otherwise.

If Leno wanted to leave next year then so be it.
Emi wanted not only to be no1 for a season (which I think the club had no problem doing) but he wanted a no1 contract as well.

That makes him very difficult to sell if it turned out it was a purple patch. You just can’t give out contracts based on a couple months of good form. That was the problem here.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I can see how fuming our fans would be. “This club rewarding players yet to prove themselves yet again” “we need to be ruthless in the transfer market”. Honestly it may be the wrong decision but if you can’t see why the board made it I can’t help you

Santi's Left Foot

Emi wanted not only to be no1 for a season (which I think the club had no problem doing) but he wanted a no1 contract as well.

That makes him very difficult to sell if it turned out it was a purple patch. You just can’t give out contracts based on a couple months of good form. That was the problem here.

Villa doubled his contract, we could have too.

There is no point in you lot arguing this, it was a poor decision to sell him. There's not a lot more to say

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I can see how fuming our fans would be. “This club rewarding players yet to prove themselves yet again” “we need to be ruthless in the transfer market”. Honestly it may be the wrong decision but if you can’t see why the board made it I can’t help you
Yep, one of those ones where you take the L if he turns out to be top class. It would have been an insane business decision to give him the contract he wanted.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Educate me on the games hes made mistakes in. Not accepting Man City as an answer because the goal was obviously on bellerin. Literally singlehandely won us a game against liverpool and you guys were oddly quiet then.

Ah so you don’t like it so won’t accept a mistake where it’s there for all to see. No different those those piling on him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Thank you.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What’s more insane is giving a bum like Cedric four years, investing 20M in Mari, investing 20M plus in Willian etc.
20M in Mari?

I don’t think Cedric is a bad option if it was a ‘we need a back up RB who is happy to play a handful of games a season at minimal cost’.

Those are the type of situations where you use someone like Kia. 4 years being a good or bad idea heavily depends on if we managed to sell him.

Willian isn’t looking great but I thought he was only on 100kpw? I’m still not mad if we signed him to be a no10 but absolute waste of money as a wing option IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom