• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Must be missing something. Thought he was his predictably terrible self. One decent pass doesn't alter that.
Oh yeah he did nothing of note apart from that pass but I just felt being nice to Elneny for passing forward for once. Poor guy struggles to be progressive

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
continuing to label him as 'predictably terrible' and struggling 'to be progressive' suggests some posters are too stuck in their own narrative to open their eyes and see what is actually happening on the pitch

or do they know better than Arteta and Auba?
It's like this really... I think:

He's not very good but he can can be functional in a setup Arteta trusts. He wont form part of our best 11 and he'll battle it out with Xhaka for a spot. 4th spot.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I don't get that.
There are many things/people on here that I don't get, I've been here seven years and I understand this place less and less if anything. Don't fight the current that is A-M just let it drag you into madness.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I might get slaughtered for this but we should keep this guy if he continues performing like this. He seems to be able to play with anyone in our midfield and form a balanced partnership, he lets his midfield partner express themself to an extent as he does a lot of dirty work.

I am happy with him as a squad player.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I might get slaughtered for this but we should keep this guy if he continues performing like this. He seems to be able to play with anyone in our midfield and form a balanced partnership, he lets his midfield partner express themself to an extent as he does a lot of dirty work.

Kind of like a midfielder in fifa who's 75 rated at everything then just has 99 stamina.

Won't do anything great but he will enable whoever he plays with.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

He’s a great squaddy imo. Maybe not quite as good as Xhaka. Certainly not creative (I don’t think Xhaka is either). But he is an expert at the sideways pass. He appears more mobile or better at positioning than Xhaka. He’s on half the wages of Xhaka too.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What is wrong with adequate? Especially when it comes at a low price and wage. Elneny is adequate and we should be totally happy with that. We need players like him currently. Happy that he is back and playing well.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
What is wrong with adequate? Especially when it comes at a low price and wage. Elneny is adequate and we should be totally happy with that. We need players like him currently. Happy that he is back and playing well.
Today he’s adequate but if we lost that game he’s useless. The problem with adequate is that we have too many players that fit that bill and what often happens are those adequate players force their way into starting games they really shouldn’t. I mean fine, Elneny was involved in a goal for once, hurrah, but how would you feel if he took minutes away from a more talented youngster? As for his wages and price. We tried to move him on in the past and many clubs deemed him too expensive. Elneny is a simple water carrier. Any decent academy should be able to produce a player of his ilk and move him on when the time is right. Right now he’s okay but if he’s still a squad option for us in 18 months, I would be dissatisfied with our squad building efforts.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Today he’s adequate but if we lost that game he’s useless. The problem with adequate is that we have too many players that fit that bill and what often happens are those adequate players force their way into starting games they really shouldn’t. I mean fine, Elneny was involved in a goal for once, hurrah, but how would you feel if he took minutes away from a more talented youngster? As for his wages and price. We tried to move him on in the past and many clubs deemed him too expensive. Elneny is a simple water carrier. Any decent academy should be able to produce a player of his ilk and move him on when the time is right. Right now he’s okay but if he’s still a squad option for us in 18 months, I would be dissatisfied with our squad building efforts.
Complaining about nothing I think. We have 4 central midfielders and somebody has to be benched.

We could and have done a lot worse.

Reactions: Jae

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

EnragedPracticalAfricanporcupine-size_restricted.gif

Makavelii

Bit harsh.
I think he's more than good enough as a squad option.
Yes we could use one more top midfielder. But if Elneny is our 5th best CM in the pecking order, then we're doing pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom