• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If we wanted to upgrade our midfield, we should have sold a midfielder.
Pray which one would have brought in 20m? I don't disagree with the premise but that wasn't in the cards. All we go were some loan deals. Doubt Xhaka would have generated more max. 10m if we would have put him out for offer.

Makavelii

Why is he this overrated I just don't get it? Unbelievable goalkeeper?

Time and time again he's found wanting commanding the box, distribution is suspect, has been conceding left right and centre, parrying shots out to strikers feet. I literally don't get the hype, let alone to surpass Emi
What? lol. He's conceded the second least goals of any keeper in the EPL so far this season (Martinez is first).

Wryer

Playing out from the back will guarantee errors like this. I just hope statistics will prevail and this inconsequential one will be IT.

The pressure will always be on Leno, especially we have let an extremely talented and patient Martinez leave. This is where he keeps his head and proves his worth.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's put us in a bit of a hole. Three times last night, he struggled to clear the ball confidently. We may be forced to go long snd kick away possession. You bet Vardy will be all over him on Sunday. When did he become useless with his feet?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He's put us in a bit of a hole. Three times last night, he struggled to clear the ball confidently. We may be forced to go long snd kick away possession. You bet Vardy will be all over him on Sunday. When did he become useless with his feet?
He was never that good with his feet, but the forced short build-up is exposing his limitations.

Regretting picking him over Martinez more every day.

If we want a ballplaying GK we should look at Onana.

Malky

Established Member
Can already tell he's going to be the scapegoat for the season.
Even if he has a MOTM performance on Sunday but Vardy scores with a rocket of a volly into the top corner, from 6 yards, people will still be on here giving it " Yeah but Emi... ", " ****ing Almunia 2.0 "

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Why is he this overrated I just don't get it? Unbelievable goalkeeper?

Time and time again he's found wanting commanding the box, distribution is suspect, has been conceding left right and centre, parrying shots out to strikers feet. I literally don't get the hype, let alone to surpass Emi

Capable of unbelievable saves. That double save against Spuds away a couple of seasons ago.. average goalkeepers can't pull that off. He was excellent for us against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup a few weeks ago. His kicking, in the main, has been fine. And other than Sterling's goal last week give me an example of where he'd parried the ball to a strikers feet?

I would like him to catch the ball more often but his preferred method is clearly too punch. Which again, in the main, has been fine. If you keep looking for problems you'll find them. Emi has kept a few clean sheets for Villa but he's also been lucky. Fulham has a goal disallowed by VAR which would've been down to Emi's poor goalkeeping. He also didn't cover himself in glory against Liverpool.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Made a mistake, this **** happens. He’s been consistently good for us and people are forgetting the storming performance he had against Liverpool in the league cup a few weeks ago.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Playing like a goalkeeper who knows he’s #1 no matter what. Rough times ahead for us.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Playing like a goalkeeper who knows he’s #1 no matter what. Rough times ahead for us.
playing a GK whose confidence is being totally undermined is indeed a worry - fact is everyone remembers the goals unnecessarily conceded and no one remembers the certain goals saved

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The attempt to justify Martinez's sale for Partey's acquisition is false and does not hold water.

If we wanted to upgrade our midfield, we should have sold a midfielder.
People still saying that we needed to sell Emi to get Partey. :lol:

What we needed to do was not waste millions on Kia Joorabachian, or Mari or Cedric, nor Willian. The length of their contracts, age of Willian and wages are ridiculous. Money down the drain.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Partey and Gabriel look like good buys. But clubs stand or fall by their decisions and Mari, Cedric, Willian, Luis extension, selling Emi for peanuts :eek:

Let's play Aubamawang

Capable of unbelievable saves. That double save against Spuds away a couple of seasons ago.. average goalkeepers can't pull that off. He was excellent for us against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup a few weeks ago. His kicking, in the main, has been fine. And other than Sterling's goal last week give me an example of where he'd parried the ball to a strikers feet?

I would like him to catch the ball more often but his preferred method is clearly too punch. Which again, in the main, has been fine. If you keep looking for problems you'll find them. Emi has kept a few clean sheets for Villa but he's also been lucky. Fulham has a goal disallowed by VAR which would've been down to Emi's poor goalkeeping. He also didn't cover himself in glory against Liverpool.

There was the beautifully parried shot against Sp**s that was perfectly touched on to the player following up. Also the goal he dived over against Wolves was pretty bad.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I hate modern football with the passing out from the back and goalkeepers trying to do through balls. Overdoing it with trying to be clever and always feels nervy.
We need it as a team to create space in behind by luring teams into our defensive third. We need it especially because our best player is crap without space.

GDeep™

League is very weak
One thing you can’t deny is that he doesn’t command his box, and never has, and that’s an issue. You also can’t deny he’s not comfortable with the ball like Emi. That’s not an insult or opinion, that’s the situation and it’s not up for debate.

Made 3 mistakes yesterday, which top keepers don’t do in one game, Allison, Ederson etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nobody wants him to be sold or replaced, we have bigger issues in the team to sort out, but we can’t pretend we have a great GK either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom