• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elwood

I am 99.9% confident it is financial. Not to sound like a broken record but I whole heartedly believe he is not worth his base salary plus whatever crazy bonuses he is probably entitled to.

He's gone in like 9 months and that 8mil "loyalty bonus" we had to pay in September could have gone towards Aouar or something. Why our fans are so hungry to throw millions towards Özil I will never understand.

I am happy to move on from him, he's been part of our lowest lows in recent times and people act like this wasn't the case.
Yes, when you think about how we play currently, I can't see Özil thriving in any kind of role on the pitch. So basically it's just not worth the money having him on as a part time, rotation player for specific situations/teams, even though he's obviously good enough to do it.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Remember when Wenger dropped him, Emery dropped him, Freddie dropped him, then Arteta dropped him? Remember when it was the manager who was holding him back?

Remember when Özil was gash because Giroud was holding him back, or when it was because Santi was hurt, or when all he needed was a clinical finisher (Laca), or then when it was he simply needed a pacey clinical CF (PEA)? Remember when it was the players around him holding him back?

Remember when he couldn’t perform on the pitch consistently because the English media had it out for him? Or when it was because the German FA had it out for him and they dropped from the German NT, or when it was because of his comments on China, or when Raul personally had it out for him from the inside, or when it was the paycut refusal? Remember when he couldn’t perform because he was the victim of unfair criticism?

Remember when he played really well through all the “limitations” (players, media, manager, etc) in the lead up to his contract and he showed what many knew which was that everything with him comes down to application not ability, but shortly after the ink dried THREE year ago on said contract which made him the second highest player in the entire league his effectiveness fell through the floor and the ever evolving list of excuses for why he can’t be consistently effective came back?

Remember when the club needed him most to step up (send Wenger out on a high, get the club back in the CL via the EL, help stop the club slide down the table in the league, etc) he both figuratively and in some cases legitimately put his feet up on the club?

I remember it all.

Man has taken the club for a ride and it honestly blows my mind anyone that calls themselves an Arsenal supporter can still even attempt to back this charlatan. Some absolute legends graced the shirt at this club, they gave everything to the club and deserve all the effort and admiration, but it’s wild to (still) see so many prop up such a conman here on an Arsenal forum.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
"Mesut is not a player who is yesterday a Toffee and today a Gunner. Arteta didn't play at all in the final two years, but they still registered him because he was given a contract.''
How is saying this going to help Mesut? :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

*sigh* it's gonna be a long season.

Wonder what the odds are for Arteta sacking actually, looks like we've got another one.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They all need to just **** off. They’re all getting paid less so they’re all bitter.
Honestly think venom from his agent isn’t worthy of unlock. Thread should be deleted. He’ll never kick another ball for the first team ever again.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

"Everyone says he's training well. Per Mertesacker [Arsenal defender, 2011-18 and now a coach at the club's academy] said this publicly. I spoke with at least five teammates who say he is training great. They say Mesut is one of their best players, and they cannot understand why he is left out. So it can't be the training -- if it is not the pitch, what are the footballing reasons? If you talk, you should tell the truth that the Arsenal fans deserve otherwise don't talk at all."

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This **** needs to end. Constant dark cloud over the team and manager.
Its over. Özil speak and his agent now Arteta did speak too so that's it the club should tell the media to stop asking questions about mesut and they won't make any comments until contract done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom