• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
I wonder if the club will support the manager and his office and terminate Özil's contract early or allow this to fester. This presents a bad picture to any player thinking of joining and those who are here.
If they terminate his contract he can simply sue them for breach of contract and seek both punitive and aggravated damages which will in turn increase his compensation on judgment. I wouldn’t advise the club to go down that route.

As for the rest of your post. I agree I said the same a few weeks back that it will have a adverse effect on future signings though other posters weren’t insightful enough to understand the point. Limited minds and all.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Toldya mrs B! Any other way didn’t make sense.

Anyway, apparently that poll he did last night netted him £50k, so it’s not all bad.

Good to know his hearts still in it...
Live in hope, die in despair. Reborn of the 1st of July when this is all over. Tick tock.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
This is the only thing we should be seeing when opening this thread.

divi-countdown-timer-full-screen-with-background-video-featured-image.gif

Can one of the mods add one to the top of the page?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Özil and his team probably need to be a bit careful with the sort of stuff they're putting out in the media. I'm sure the clubs lawyers will be going over everything that comes out with a fine tooth comb, looking for a reason to fine / sack him for breach of contract given how low the relationship between him and the club has sunk.

What's done's done. There's no coming back. It's over Mesut. Pick up your wages for doing nothing and focus on where you're going to be playing in January / July, finish your career on a high. You're becoming a massive distraction to the team you say you love with all this media talk and PR spin.

Last edited:

sykesy69

He struggled with injury in his last two season but he was still a very valuable squad member, unlike Özil that is doing everything in his power to tear down the squad harmony.

Özil was not "out of this world"
There were plenty of players that outperformed him during his time here.

I admit he always started the season decent and turned into bum in the second half of the season.
To his credit Özil was capable of doing "Out of this world" things, without being a full blown OOTW player consistently.

sykesy69

Özil and his team probably need to be a bit careful with the sort of stuff they keep putting out in the media. I'm sure the clubs lawyers will be going over everything that comes out with a fine tooth comb, looking for a reason to fine / sack him for breach of contract.

What's done's done. There's no coming back. It's over Mesut. Pick up your wages for doing nothing and focus on where you're going to be playing in January / July. You're becoming a massive distraction to the team you say you love with all this media talk and PR.
Has been for 2 years now... :facepalm:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If they terminate his contract he can simply sue them for breach of contract and seek both punitive and aggravated damages which will in turn increase his compensation on judgment. I wouldn’t advise the club to go down that route.

As for the rest of your post. I agree I said the same a few weeks back that it will have a adverse effect on future signings though other posters weren’t insightful enough to understand the point. Limited minds and all.
I realise the situation regarding termination thanks to the @Macho post. Kos, Özil, Guendouzi is a poor look that Wenger would have handled better imo. We have players like Sokratis who we can move on in January. Looking at Özil's agent statement, if him and others decide to sit on their contracts, Arteta's authority to persuade them to move is now diminished. I understand Özil wanting to stay but what a way to end his time here. As it stands it will go down as the worst ever exit

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Nah man he was injured for like 2 weeks , Alexis got dropped
Vividly remember tough away fixtures featuring a front 3 of Iwobi - Lacazette - Ramsey. Also remember many on here losing their minds at Ramsey playing RW a la Willock under Arteta at times.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

attacking Arteta only pleases a few, as most Özil fans think Arteta is just the front man for the board and owners
Id give it a few bad results until Arteta starts looking like Emery with much better English to some of our wonderful fans.

Arteta has to get results now.

musoke

Chances of Mourinho snapping up Özil on a free?
Bwahahaha.
Mourinho will never take Özil. He only sweet talks Özil but when push comes to shove he always never gives him a second look.
I have highlighted this on here already.
Mourinho got sacked by Madrid, Özil is gotten rid too in that same window. Mourinho moves to Chelsea, Özil is struggling to attract the massive clubs apart from 4th place strugglers Arsenal and PSG. Mourinho passes Özil on but instead goes for Cesc.

Mourinho is sacked by Chelsea. He moves to United. Özil runs down his contract, Mourinho does his typical Özil sweet-talking, but never shows any signs of signing him for United. Instead he took Matic from Chelsea and opted for Sanchez from Arsenal.

Mourinho is sacked by United. He is hired by the Spuds down the road. Özil is being offered to whoever would want him by Arsenal. Özil says he wants to stay in London. But as always Mourinho just does his typical big sweet Özil talk. Then opts to Gareth Bale from Madrid.

Seriously. Can people stop deluding themselves about how Mourinho rates Özil. He rates him in words, talk and on paper. But when he has to walk the Özil walk he always says “No thank you”.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The story of Arsenal has been “who do we blame”. You don’t see it at other clubs.

This forum even bashed Ramsey, he’s now starting for Pirlo in CL games earning 400K a week.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wonder where Özil will go next? Turkey you would think but I think Özil likes the London life. Maybe Italy.

There will be no interesting offers from England, Spain, Germany, France I think. The Italians love older free players.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wonder where Özil will go next? Turkey you would think but I think Özil likes the London life. Maybe Italy.

There will be no interesting offers from England, Spain, Germany, France I think. The Italians love older free players.
Think I remember him saying he wouldn’t play for another Prem club, I could have imagined it though.

When asked if he would go Sp**s he said maybe if he didn’t want to win any trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom