• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamechannel

Based on what his agent said, seems like Özil was led to believe he still had a chance to make the squad and was only informed last minute that he wouldn't make it. Otherwise, there's no way Özil would have waited around thinking he could change Arteta's mind. But then again, this is just one side of the story.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle between Arteta's version and Özil's agent's.

GDeep™

League is very weak
DT on AFTV has been hinting for ages he knows something and he’ll mention after Özil has gone etc.

Heard 2/3 times over the months him hint this.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
So we calling having a change in squad dynamics a vendetta now, are you alright?

Is it not ok to have a plan of who you want in your squad and then tell those that they are unlikely to see any playing time going forward?

Granted the player has a contract so it's up to him whether to stay or go, but they have been straight and told them irrespective of whether the player feels it's just or not.

you have to make the best of what you have. you cant tell a contracted player he has no chance. you can say he cannot be assured of playing timr, but to rule out even a minute.. thats lowgrade stuff. please stop peddling this horseshit. They gave him a threat of being frozen out unless he agreed to be sold to bonesaw salman, he stood his ground and they gave an ultimatum hoping to scare him. He didnt budge.. now they in their puny egos are forced to make good the threat, and arteta refused to play ball by giving excuses and so it had to be done openly and officially

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Based on what his agent said, seems like Özil was led to believe he still had a chance to make the squad and was only informed last minute that he wouldn't make it. Otherwise, there's no way Özil would have waited around thinking he could change Arteta's mind. But then again, this is just one side of the story.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle between Arteta's version and Özil's agent's.
Article confirms Edu met with Özil’s representatives in the summer. Edu also confirms this himself when we signed Partey and talked about clear communication with Özil face to face.

He knew.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Like I said earlier, if not for COIVD, we're probably not even discussing this.

But seeing as we are where we are, the entitlement comes from believing he is owed a spot in the squad because he is under contract.

If you have been told that you are surplus to requirements and are unlikely to see any playing time (if the end of the previous season wasn't indication enough), yet you state very early in the summer break that you are honouring your contract and staying regardless, the entitlement is knowing your salary and deciding to stay anyway.

Then on top that you come out and state how disappointed you are and you and your team make a massive show of not being being able to what you're paid to do (victim), when you've been pre-warned.

I'm sorry but I don't see how that is anything but entitlement, especially the sh1t coming from his Agent today.

Kings of the PR spin him and his team, maybe someone should've found him somewhere to play this season and done their real job...
difference between unlikely and out of squad.. stop this twaddle

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The story of Arsenal has been “who do we blame”. You don’t see it at other clubs.

This forum even bashed Ramsey, he’s now starting for Pirlo in CL games earning 400K a week.
Arsenal is different though, a lot of Millenials only started supporting Arsenal because of the 3 EPL titles and the invincibles. As soon as the stadium build began and Wenger lost his funding, they started whinging at losing their title winning team. 'Top 4 isn't a trophy' blah blah.

Wenger went, then they turned on Emery. Emery went then they turned on Özil. Until they get their bragging rights back, this will continue. Unless Arteta pulls off a top 4 fairly soon. he's next.

Last edited:

gamechannel

Article confirms Edu met with Özil’s representatives in the summer. Edu also confirms this himself when we signed Partey and talked about clear communication with Özil face to face.

He knew.

I dont have have a subscription to Athletic so don't know whats in it. I'm going by the ESPN article that contains Özil's agent's response.

What confuses me is that there's no way he was told in the summer to eff off yet Arteta kept saying there's a clean slate for everyone. So either:

1- Özil was told to eff off, he declined and Arteta told him that he will be included if he worked hard which Özil took a chance on and worked hard in training.

2- He was told to eff off, he said fine, pay me what I am owed including my loyalty bonus and full wages, arsenal declined instead tried to negotiate and couldn't reach a settlement. In the meantime, Arteta told him he has to work hard to make the squad, which he did but was ultimately shafted.

3- Özil is plain playing victim. Which I don't but because he was content collecting wages, he wouldn't have created such a fuss.

Like I said, regardless of the articles, the truth is somewhere between Arsenal and Ozils version and both parties ****ed the pooch.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Like I said, regardless of the articles, the truth is somewhere between Arsenal and Ozils version and both parties ****ed the pooch.
I posted the article in this thread.
Edu saying he spoke to Özil face to face is on Arsenal.com
Arteta maintains throughout this season that he has been open with Özil and his conscience is clear in numerous interviews.

I am confident Özil is playing victim/expected to get into the side.
His outburst when he hinted his non selection may be to due to refusing pay cut came way before the squad announcements.

People try their best to absolve Özil but they evidence is there - in regards to his future in the squad.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is definitely the man with the inside scoop on the Mesut Özil situation...

DVYlycQXcAIO9Wc.jpg

sykesy69

you have to make the best of what you have. you cant tell a contracted player he has no chance. you can say he cannot be assured of playing timr, but to rule out even a minute.. thats lowgrade stuff. please stop peddling this horseshit. They gave him a threat of being frozen out unless he agreed to be sold to bonesaw salman, he stood his ground and they gave an ultimatum hoping to scare him. He didnt budge.. now they in their puny egos are forced to make good the threat, and arteta refused to play ball by giving excuses and so it had to be done openly and officially
You speak like you're preaching the gospel without having read a bible...

Hasn't he been given chances to get the best out of him? By Emery, by Arteta? If his best isn't what you are looking for, how long do you keep on trying?

Whether it's an ultimatum or brutal honesty that you won't play next season and you "stand your ground" don't "budge", when the chips fall where you've been told they would, don't go crying about injustice, because it's not unjust if you've been told.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The story of Arsenal has been “who do we blame”. You don’t see it at other clubs.

This forum even bashed Ramsey, he’s now starting for Pirlo in CL games earning 400K a week.
You’re exaggerating somewhat. Ramsey had his critics, but I’d say the majority supported him. I was of course a big supporter of Aaron.

Surprised you’re not using Alexis as an example of a player who done and was still doing great for the club when fans on here (not in real life, thankfully) turned against him... Oh I forgot, you hated him :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom