• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Leicester have some big names out which in theory makes our task easier. It won't but I hope we ban fluke a win. Feels like a draw though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Funny you say that, the first game I can remember streaming properly was an NLD shown on Prem Plus in 06/07. :lol: Sopcast was the wave back in those days.

I always associate streams with the 2010s and on...good to know Sky were getting screwed out of some money in the 2000s too!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s time we show we are the best fans in Uk and break the Ppv record. Let’s make sure this become the norm. Everyone pay you 15 poind​

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I always wondered if the PL will move to a subscription service.

But this nonsense is putting forward a dilemma.

If one Premier League game is 15 quid per game, what the hell are they going to charge for 38 games (club) or all of the matches?

If they charge £20 a month, then that would just illustrate that this current offering is a major ripoff.

Not a single person who came up with this PPV idea thought of the future.

I say this as if football fans won't rush to sign up once the Premier League's version of Netflix gets off the ground regardless of the corporate greed and avarice on display right now

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I always wondered if the PL will move to a subscription service.

But this nonsense is putting forward a dilemma.

If one Premier League game is 15 quid per game, what the hell are they going to charge for 38 games (club) or all of the matches?

If they charge £20 a month, then that would just illustrate that this current offering is a major ripoff.

Not a single person who came up with this PPV idea thought of the future.

I say this as if football fans won't rush to sign up once the Premier League's version of Netflix gets off the ground regardless of the corporate greed and avarice on display right now

I agree it's too expensive.

Now, I've not read much into it so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Just focusing on Premiership; the broadcasters; Sky, BT etc actually bid for the football broadcasting rights from clubs and The Premier League.

The price for these rights is actually set really high (in the billions) and as a knock on effect the premiership clubs earn a lot of money.

So if I've got it correct part of the issue is such a high price for the broadcasting rights (and this is passed onto us the "consumers").

It'd be ideal if the price were lower but the demand is too high and so long as supporters are willing to pay to watch football, then broadcasters will pay for the rights and the clubs/The League can continue to price it soo high.

Theoretically at some point streaming may become soo good that people will start refusing to pay so much to watch football and that point everything should crumble and the prices should drop.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It’s time we show we are the best fans in Uk and break the Ppv record. Let’s make sure this become the norm. Everyone pay you 15 poind​
Id rather donate the money to charity. Personal I'd be embarrassed if we broke the record. And I'd be embarrassed for anyone that pays it. They are completely out of touch of reality and national sentiment.

Football fans need to unite against this. Just as fans united against away ticket prices, just as fans need to unite to demand more democratic control of clubs, to unite against European closed shop league pipe dreams. We need common purpose against every method that serves to further exclude and marginalise the life blood of football, fans for the benefit of wealthy owners.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I agree it's too expensive.

Now, I've not read much into it so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Just focusing on Premiership; the broadcasters; Sky, BT etc actually bid for the football broadcasting rights from clubs and The Premier League.

The price for these rights is actually set really high (in the billions) and as a knock on effect the premiership clubs earn a lot of money.

So if I've got it correct part of the issue is such a high price for the broadcasting rights (and this is passed onto us the "consumers").

It'd be ideal if the price were lower but the demand is too high and so long as supporters are willing to pay to watch football, then broadcasters will pay for the rights and the clubs/The League can continue to price it soo high.

Theoretically at some point streaming may become soo good that people will start refusing to pay so much to watch football and that point everything should crumble and the prices should drop.
You are correct. And the annoying thing which isn't really spoken about enough is how this was forced on fans.

Someone decided Sky had to big a monopoly and that competition was needed. In that time we've seen prices rise but not only prices rise but the number of subscriptions required to watch all broadcast games has increased from 1 to 3. Technically that's increased further if you consider that Sky hosted La Liga, CL and all Scottish football. Suddenly you need 5 subscriptions to watch what you could watch on one package. Throw into the mix that a Sky Sports subscription got you all the Sky Sports channels and they've now broken that down to individual sports.

We pay more for less and we need more for the same. Who has benefited? The PL for sure. Not us fans who competition was meant to help. Its a bloody disgrace. And it's been normalised now that you need to pay for x y and z. I hope this PPV breaks the bastards.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So weird, we're facing another supposedly mid-table side (yes I know they finished 5th) with several players who'd walk into our side. Maddison, Barnes, Ndidi all easily get into our side currently. Soyuncu arguably. I'd say Vardy but with the way we use Auba I'm not sure. Castagne also in with a shout because of his versatility and ability to play full-back/wing-back either side.

I'm not sure people fully appreciate what we're dealing with here, we're no longer a comfortably top 6 side with quality to blow the mid and lower table sides out of the water, the gap has been greatly reduced, partly down to those clubs improving in terms of quality, but mainly us letting our standards slip over the past 3/4/5 years with horrendous recruitment.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Without the ball

-----Saka-----Auba------Pepe

AMN---Elneny----Partey--Bellerin

-------Tierney---Gabriel---Luiz

-------------------Leno

With the ball:

---Tierney------------Auba-----------Bellerin
-------------------Saka---------Pepe
---------------AMN--------------Partey
--------------------------Elneny--------------
---------------Gabriel----------Luiz
---------------------------Leno

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You are correct. And the annoying thing which isn't really spoken about enough is how this was forced on fans.

Someone decided Sky had to big a monopoly and that competition was needed. In that time we've seen prices rise but not only prices rise but the number of subscriptions required to watch all broadcast games has increased from 1 to 3. Technically that's increased further if you consider that Sky hosted La Liga, CL and all Scottish football. Suddenly you need 5 subscriptions to watch what you could watch on one package. Throw into the mix that a Sky Sports subscription got you all the Sky Sports channels and they've now broken that down to individual sports.

We pay more for less and we need more for the same. Who has benefited? The PL for sure. Not us fans who competition was meant to help. Its a bloody disgrace. And it's been normalised now that you need to pay for x y and z. I hope this PPV breaks the bastards.
I like most of your rant but as someone who grew up being abe to watch half an hour of lighlights (from the entire top division) a week and didn't see an Arsenal game live on television till I was 15, I welcome the chance to pay for a game if it means I can watch Arsenal play. Only problem is I'm normally overseas when I'm not at the stadum so doesnt work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom