• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
DT on AFTV has been hinting for ages he knows something and he’ll mention after Özil has gone etc.

Heard 2/3 times over the months him hint this.
So you’re waiting for the big DT reveal now... Wenger’s nemesis is coming with the gospel now? :rofl:

Kav

Established Member
I realise the situation regarding termination thanks to the @Macho post. Kos, Özil, Guendouzi is a poor look that Wenger would have handled better imo. We have players like Sokratis who we can move on in January. Looking at Özil's agent statement, if him and others decide to sit on their contracts, Arteta's authority to persuade them to move is now diminished. I understand Özil wanting to stay but what a way to end his time here. As it stands it will go down as the worst ever exit

Arteta has backed himself in a corner and frankly he has to own it which ever way it goes. I say this because PL rules for registering players are quite clear.

Each English Premier League (EPL) team can register:
  • Maximum of 25 senior players, in which
    Maximum of 17 non-homegrown senior players, and
  • Unlimited U21 players.
Players are considered as ‘homegrown (HG)’ if and only if they were registered with clubs affiliated with the English FA and/or Welsh FA at least 3 years before turning 21, continuous or not, regardless of their nationality or age.

Now our list for this season in the PL is as follows:

Arsenal’s 25-man squad (*Home grown)
Alves Soares, Cedric Ricardo
Aubameyang, Pierre-Emerick
Bellerin, Hector*
Borges Da Silva, Willian
Ceballos Fernandez, Daniel
Chambers, Calum*
Dos Santos Magalhaes, Gabriel
Elneny, Mohamed Naser Elsayed
Holding, Robert Samuel*
Kolasinac, Sead
Lacazette, Alexandre
Leno, Bernd
Macey, Matthew Ryan*
Maitland-Niles, Ainsley*
Mari Villar, Pablo
Moreira Marinho, David Luiz
Mustafi, Shkodran
Partey, Thomas Teye
Pepe, Nicolas
Runarsson, Runar Alex
Tierney, Kieran
Xhaka, Granit

So you will see that we registered 22 Senior players of which 5 were Home Grown. Additionally we have players like Saka, Nelson, Saliba, Martinelli, Guendouzi, Willock, Smith Rowe who are all U21 PLAYERS AND NEED NOT BE SPECIFICALLY REGISTERED.

Therefore the omission of both Socratis and Özil is clearly a punitive action by Arteta and or the Club since they had space in the team to accommodate both players.

Intersting Note, Arteta included 10 Defenders (+ Saliba who is u21) 3 of which are currently injured but had no room for another midfielder.

That is all i have to say about the matter. Draw your own conclusions. Either way it doesn't look good.

Last edited:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

This is definitely the man with the inside scoop on the Mesut Özil situation...

DVYlycQXcAIO9Wc.jpg

No wonder he always wears a cap with a forehead that big.

GunnerShy

Arteta has backed himself in a corner and frankly he has to own it which ever way it goes. I say this because PL rules for registering players are quite clear.

• Unlimited U21 players.
Players are considered as ‘homegrown (HG)’ if and only if they were registered with clubs affiliated with the English FA and/or Welsh FA at least 3 years before turning 21, continuous or not, regardless of their nationality or age.

Bellerin, Hector*
Borges Da Silva, Willian
Chambers, Calum*
Holding, Robert Samuel*
Kolasinac, Sead
Lacazette, Alexandre
Leno, Bernd
Macey, Matthew Ryan*
Maitland-Niles, Ainsley*
Mari Villar, Pablo
Mustafi, Shkodran
Partey, Thomas Teye
Pepe, Nicolas
Runarsson, Runar Alex
Tierney, Kieran
Xhaka, Granit

So you will see that we registered 22 Senior players of which 5 were Home Grown. Additionally we have players like Saka, Nelson, Saliba, Martinelli, Guendouzi, Willock, Smith Rowe who are all U21 PLAYERS AND NEED NOT BE SPECIFICALLY REGISTERED.

Therefore the omission of both Socratis and Özil is clearly a punitive action by Arteta and or the Club since they had space in the team to accommodate both players.

Intersting Note, Arteta included 10 Defenders (+ Saliba who is u21) 3 of which are currently injured but had no room for another midfielder.

That is all i have to say about the matter. Draw your own conclusions. Either way it doesn't look good.
But he has named 17 non homegrown players? How could he have names Özil and Sokratis? That'd be 19? Lol

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

• Unlimited U21 players.

Bellerin, Hector*
Borges Da Silva, Willian
Chambers, Calum*
Holding, Robert Samuel*
Kolasinac, Sead
Lacazette, Alexandre
Leno, Bernd
Macey, Matthew Ryan*
Maitland-Niles, Ainsley*
Mari Villar, Pablo
Mustafi, Shkodran
Partey, Thomas Teye
Pepe, Nicolas
Runarsson, Runar Alex
Tierney, Kieran
Xhaka, Granit

Thanks for this info. It seems the club/,manager thought excluding Özil would stop the questions. Got that wrong didnt they. I'll just watch this roll on.

Kav

Established Member
But he has named 17 non homegrown players? How could he have names Özil and Sokratis? That'd be 19? Lol
As i pointed out to you 3 of those named were suffering long term injuries including Mustafi and Mari. Both could have been excluded or one of the two.

It is clear you didn't read all of my post.

GDeep™

League is very weak

• Unlimited U21 players.

Bellerin, Hector*
Borges Da Silva, Willian
Chambers, Calum*
Holding, Robert Samuel*
Kolasinac, Sead
Lacazette, Alexandre
Leno, Bernd
Macey, Matthew Ryan*
Maitland-Niles, Ainsley*
Mari Villar, Pablo
Mustafi, Shkodran
Partey, Thomas Teye
Pepe, Nicolas
Runarsson, Runar Alex
Tierney, Kieran
Xhaka, Granit

Great posting.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not really, just interesting in a gossipy way.
I’ll take any scraps tbh. One of the ITK’s on Twitter was dismissed as a fraud for tweeting a reply to Amy Lawrence and then deleting it. He said Mesut was chastising the other players for agreeing to take a pay cut. Think it was Dean.

blaze_of_glory

I’ll take any scraps tbh. One of the ITK’s on Twitter was dismissed as a fraud for tweeting a reply to Amy Lawrence and then deleting it. He said Mesut was chastising the other players for agreeing to take a pay cut. Think it was Dean.
I mean, they were essentially lied to about what the paycut would do.

Finesse

I posted the article in this thread.
Edu saying he spoke to Özil face to face is on Arsenal.com
Arteta maintains throughout this season that he has been open with Özil and his conscience is clear in numerous interviews.

I am confident Özil is playing victim/expected to get into the side.
His outburst when he hinted his non selection may be to due to refusing pay cut came way before the squad announcements.

People try their best to absolve Özil but they evidence is there - in regards to his future in the squad.

Is it only me spotting the double standards of your analogy ? If you tell a player with a year to go on his contract face to face he is not in the plans for this season as a Director of football , what is the next stage ? The player has to immediately pack their locker and start looking for a next destination simply because he wants to prove he loves football / is not a money grabber / mercenary etc. Do you even understand the world of football transfers and negotiations? Edu should call Özil and his agent to make that statement only once they have prepared a pay or severance package to include his wages in full and agree to write off his contract. It is utter disrespect for Edu to even attempt that without doing his homework. Özil picked up an 8m bonus is September. Who would walk out on that at his age knowing the average footballer career is 34/35? Are you mad ? Pay him up and show him the door is what he asked them.

The double standards of this saga sickens me. We expect Edu to be the master negotiator when he is in front of Aulas but we don’t expect Aulas or Aour’s agent or Özil’s agent to also be a master negotiator. When he uses this same dumb approach to negotiate and fail with the Aoûar deal we blame Aulas and blame the player agent for demanding a big fee. Really? Why can’t we be objective and start understanding these individuals are like me and you and can mess things up too ? I am sure if the Partey deal was not a release clause we would have messed it up! In fact we spent all summer sleeping in front of their gates with Lucas and Douzi plus cash. Only to deal in the last minute and look smug like we had a clue. Players and agents should be stupid and give in to Edu because he is employed by Arsenal.

Arsenal is run by humans like you and me. Who can make terrible decisions like giving Cedric a 4 year contract. Yes 4 years extension. If you want to call Özil and his agent to inform them you no longer need his services , make sure you have his one year payment of his final year on the table. You cannot eat your cake and have it. They thought that would push him to look for a new club and free the wage bill to accommodate Auba etc . Good and fine , but do it the right way. He asked to be paid up or he stays to see out his contract. They said okay and decided to freeze him out because they did it have it their way.

Every presser Arteta has been blabbing around , kicking the ball into the tall grass , clean slate bla bla , 120 % in training etc all unconvincing attempts at not providing clear visibility on the issue.

I support Arsenal but would not allow them go into a negotiation like cocks if you ask me. You remember the 40m plus one pound for Suarez? That is an individual who made that stupid decision which cost us the player. Utter disrespect for the selling party. Today the saga has been stuck to Arsenal as a club and we are ridiculed for it. When the story of Özil is confirmed it would be the utter madness of an individual but the club will have been tainted by it and so will our fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom