• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Allison is a top GK. Leno is levels below so is clearly not top.
Please mate, "levels below" is not true and you know it. Allision is a better keeper, but Leno is quality. I try not to forget all the games where Leno kept us in the game or won points for us just because he will make a mistake sometimes or have a bad game. For me, it's enough to see how Chelsea and United struggle to appreciate someone like Leno.

Malky

Established Member
People can chill with the Martinez love now. This place had you believing a 28 year old who had a nothing career until just over 6 months ago is world class? :lol:
Guy looked average last night. Add that to the absolute howler he had against Fulham (that his fan boys conveniently ignore)
Never forget the £20M we got is the reason we now have Partey.

Jason Jace

Seems Leno isn't the only one with weak pushing or weak hard
He literally gave bamford the first goal the same thing Leno was accused of doing against city

People forget goalkeeping is a reflex position, saving shots is a split second action and most times goalkeeper have no control on where or whom the ball falls to

Leno is the one here and we need to accept it , crying over i isn't going to bring Emil back
We don't have a Kepa problem and I am pretty sure when it becomes a problem the coaches will act accordingly

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Struggle to see the benefit of talking up Emi and dissing Leno given that the former is no longer at our club. I want to rout for Emi but given how much crap Leno gets I struggle not to hope that Emi screws up so the lot here can calm down a bit.

Breezy

Leno is our number one. Probably the best number one we've had since Jens. Hard to get annoyed at him no matter how many what if's people want to throw at it.

It’s hard not to get annoyed when he’s made more blunders than Almunia, despite being the better more showy keeper.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Leno is a top keeper, he has world class shot stopping abilities, however not world class in ever department like oblak, neuer or Allison.

We still have a number of key positions that need sorting, such as AM, CB, and even a quality winger.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Leno is a top shot stopper in other words, still a top keeper & I do have faith in him, Liverpool & Chelsea keepers have done the same thing. If we can get more proficient in the backline then I'd still have complete faith in Leno. Wasn't just Leno that made that mistake, partly in the backline aswell.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I dont have stats, but do we use our keeper more than any other team in the league with back passes? its like any pressure our players are told pass to the keeper. We use Leno far too much and if you use a keeper that much a mistake is bound to happen, The blame should be on the manager

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Just heard he's had the 3rd most errors in the league. Not saying he's terrible but I'm not surprised, the most overrated player we've had in while.

Not making Emi number 1 was a big mistake. I can't believe people are still arguing against this

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A good save from Greenwood but played two dodgy balls out from the back in pretty quick succession. I'm glad he had a quiet night and the save with his face was his best this season. Clean sheet too. Baby steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom