• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think a lot of Özil supporters became Wenger supporters as he's the only one that allowed him his privileges and never said a bad thing about him.

They championed Mikel as they expected he'd treat Özil the same, but when it turned out Mikel actually has a backbone and doesn't give special treatment to his old pal they were quick to turn on him.

They're the type that love a martyr (Wenger, Özil, the 54, Gunnersaurus) to allow them to play the victim card and make it seem like they're on the right side of the argument.
I'm not sure about this tbh. Personally, I love Wenger just because of the man himself and all he did for Arsenal. I also love George Graham despite the bung. He's the reason I'm a Gooner. I've no emotional or other connection with Özil but then the same is true of Wilshere. I think some people get under your skin in a good way and you love them for life. I'm not sure how any of our players apart from Auba and the youth is so adored

GDeep™

League is very weak
What a terrible thread, if constantly attacking Özil wasn’t enough, let’s drag Wenger into this and bash him too.

I know Wenger isn’t a legend here, but no need for this guys.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Playing in the greatest matchups of our time away at the camp nou..... Que jugador

And people wonder why he has fans
What, because he has 5 assists v Barca at Camp Nou? He has a demented following because of that? Cheers for the heads up lad. Noted.

Kav

Established Member
Chambers is homegrown so irrelevant. You don't not register Mustafi because he's days away from being available or Mari who is weeks away if you intend to play them.

You're point was he could have registered them but was being punitive. Simply not true. I'm sure he'd have preferred to register them and not play them to avoid a flash point. He had to register those he intends to play.

My point was that he had registered 10 defenders 3 of which were injured and it is obvious we need some creative players in our set up. He could have omitted either Mari or Mustafi. He can register again in January which is just 2months away. He had options and he chose a particular path so he will have to own it either way. I am not sure what exactly you are arguing either. My point is very clear, he had a choice and he made it. what are you arguing?

He has chosen frugality over expansive football,that is the crux of my argument.

GunnerShy

My point was that he had registered 10 defenders 3 of which were injured and it is obvious we need some creative players in our set up. He could have omitted either Mari or Mustafi. He can register again in January which is just 2months away. He had options and he chose a particular path so he will have to own it either way. I am not sure what exactly you are arguing either. My point is very clear, he had a choice and he made it. what are you arguing?

He has chosen frugality over expansive football,that is the crux of my argument.

What am I arguing? The following statement
"Therefore the omission of both Socratis and Özil is clearly a punitive action by Arteta and or the Club since they had space in the team to accommodate both players."

No we didn't have space as I pointed out. To include them would be at the expense of players he would prefer to play. Either because of commitment, ability, effort, suitability to.play style or longer term benefits.

Remember, we were crying out for a culture reset when Mikel took over. It's may not be enough to be in the 17 most talented foreign players in the squad. It's broader than that, and the club and fans will benefit in the mean time.

To make this out as punitive action is bullshit. Unless you mean punitive for not having the requisite skills and or attitude for his play style.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

His PR machine in full swing, apart from that nothing. No man is bigger than the club!!
I’d argue he’s slightly bigger than the club.

He’s taken the piss for a couple years now, yet still manages to get sympathy somehow.

Undermines us at every opportunity and has a laundry list of offences that would see most players sent to reserves anyways - yet people would happily see us ignore them and play him.

I hold it down cause he is very popular so I try to focus on facts and figures - but personally, I think he’s a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom