• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2020/21

Impact

Established Member
Why has Saka suddenly become a centre midfield option for everyone? He does his best work in areas you expect a wide forward to frequent.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why has Saka suddenly become a centre midfield option for everyone? He does his best work in areas you expect a wide forward to frequent.

I think that's where he's instructed to play so that's where he does stuff. I see him having a lot of potential behind the striker. Has all the qualities

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's quite clear to me we lack a proper all round CF, a creative midfielder and a number 6 to play alongside Partey. And this is just a minimum, if things dont improve with Pepe we will need an RW too.

We're in a weird situation tho, our best striker is deployed on the left wing, but it still feels weird nailing him down as our LW for the foreseeable future especially given his age. But in any case it's best that we go for an all round CF, my choice is obviously Édouard but of course there are alternatives. Creative midfielder is an absolute top priority, I mean it should have been a priority in the last window. Aouar top of the list but perhaps we should be prepared to look toward alternatives like Szoboszlai perhaps. And number 6, this one I don't really have many names, maybe Soumare but I'm not sure. But it's clear we need someone who has the strengths of Xhaka without the limitations that comes with playing him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I have faith that Martinelli can force himself into the team next season. Might mean him LWF and Auba CF. Lacazette will be sold.

That leaves Nelson, Pepe, Willian and Saka fighting for 1 role. Doubt that we'll see a cf join next year.

Makavelii

It's quite clear to me we lack a proper all round CF, a creative midfielder and a number 6 to play alongside Partey. And this is just a minimum, if things dont improve with Pepe we will need an RW too.

We're in a weird situation tho, our best striker is deployed on the left wing, but it still feels weird nailing him down as our LW for the foreseeable future especially given his age. But in any case it's best that we go for an all round CF, my choice is obviously Édouard but of course there are alternatives. Creative midfielder is an absolute top priority, I mean it should have been a priority in the last window. Aouar top of the list but perhaps we should be prepared to look toward alternatives like Szoboszlai perhaps. And number 6, this one I don't really have many names, maybe Soumare but I'm not sure. But it's clear we need someone who has the strengths of Xhaka without the limitations that comes with playing him.

What’s wrong with Ceballos?

Szoboszlai is definitely a better long term option.
I’d prefer Daka over Edouard as well.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Given Artera seems against playing Auba at 9, we desperately need a center forward, would argue its more important than a creative midfielder at this point. Not having a competent 9 absolutely kills the team.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

A creative force is far more important. These guys are converting on 2-3 chances a game after taking 20 touches or less sometimes lol.

Our problems are definitely system and creativity related. Our forward line isn’t the best, but it’s up there.

My only criticism of Arteta in that regard was shoe horning Willian into an attack that was growing in familiarity towards the end of last season.

Otherwise it’s mostly growing pains, players trying to get used to transitioning from aimlessly playing out from the back into attack in a very rigid system. It will take time.

A new CF to close down, press and run bleep tests for 90 mins will definitely be needed in the summer though. Someone like Antonio from West Ham or Jesus at City would be more Arteta’s cup of tea. I’m not saying sign them just saying that’s his type.

It’s not Lacazette’s game and it’s making him look pathetic out there.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A creative force is far more important. These guys are converting on 2-3 chances a game after taking 20 touches or less sometimes lol.

Our problems are definitely system and creativity related. Our forward line isn’t the best, but it’s up there.

My only criticism of Arteta in that regard was shoe horning Willian into an attack that was growing in familiarity towards the end of last season.

Otherwise it’s mostly growing pains, players trying to get used to transitioning from aimlessly playing out from the back into attack in a very rigid system. It will take time.

A new CF to close down, press and run bleep tests for 90 mins will definitely be needed in the summer though. Someone like Antonio from West Ham or Jesus at City would be more Arteta’s cup of tea. I’m not saying sign them just saying that’s his type.

It’s not Lacazette’s game and it’s making him look pathetic out there.

Definitely agree with the Lacazette point of view. I actually think he'd be good in the old Wenger, chance creation teams, but the way that not just our football but football in general has changed, makes him a passenger.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He does that himself tbh, would take a miracle worker to make him not look pathetic.
I know you can’t resist putting the boot in, but your boi Giroud would also look foolish doing the same role, probably worse.
If it’s not your game it’s just not your game.

In any case there’s like 4 or 5 threads saying how awful Lacazette is which wasn’t my intention- this is me emphasising that we need a bleep test merchant.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I know you can’t resist putting the boot in, but your boi Giroud would also look foolish doing the same role, probably worse.
If it’s not your game it’s just not your game.

In any case there’s like 4 or 5 threads saying how awful Lacazette is which wasn’t my intention- this is me emphasising that we need a bleep test merchant.

I think Giroud is rubbish too, just better than Lacazette. Could do with neither ever playing for Arsenal but Giroud wasn't 55 million and at least at some height and strength to him.

'bleep test merchant' you mean a player that actually has pace, stamina and athleticism?

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
What is the reason Auba is even playing on the wing?

Like I don't think i've ever heard an explanation for it. Surely he's about as close to a CF as you can get

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Dunno man, the way you love off Lacazette makes me think you hate fast players.
I’m just not a believer of abusing our players tbh. I’ve come realise it’s a hobby for some which is fine - but yeah who do I chat sh*t about really?

I’m not crazy about Willian, Soares and Xhaka but that’s about it.

BigPoppaPump

I’m just not a believer of abusing our players tbh.

If players are crap then they should get called out on it, people abused Wenger for years but the players get cut a lot of slack which is annoying. Bum licking players is way worse tbh.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If players are crap then they should get called out on it, people abused Wenger for years but the players get cut a lot of slack which is annoying. Bum licking players is way worse tbh.
Emery and now Arteta gets my backing - whether I would have picked them or not. I speak up when they catch flak unnecessarily also.

My philosophy is different, it’s not Soares fault the club signed him or offered a 4 year contract for eg. It’s just not my style, but everybody is different.

BigPoppaPump

Emery and now Arteta gets my backing - whether I would have picked them or not. I speak up when they catch flak unnecessarily also.

My philosophy is different, it’s not Soares fault the club signed him or offered a 4 year contract for eg. It’s just not my style, but everybody is different.

Well obviously it's not his fault, he's laughing all the way to the bank he'd be insane not to sign a new contract. It being a players 'fault' is never the point lmao.

But yeah thank god you have all this sympathy for these millionaires, where would Arsenal be without it?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

You think a partner for Partey is an urgent need? Shouldn't we wait and see first, one of Xhaka or Ceballos could turn out to form a great partnership with Partey.

Top Bottom