• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Fair point on Marc...brings me on to another issue of mine, is Pepe that fast?

He isn't slow, like a Lacazette or a Giroud, but he has never really blown me away with his speed...wonder if that's down to a lack of intensity in his play, or just a genuine lack of speed compared to other wingers...can't remember him really destroying a fullback for pace on too many occasions.

I think he does have explosive pace but he never really utilises it in the right way. I reckon he's got a good straight line speed but he always seems to slow up a bit when he's got the ball, like he never looks to knock it past an opponent and use his pace like a Bale would in his prime. It's more very short bursts until he's faced with an opponent, he'll slow down and look to beat him with a bit of skill more than anything else.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yet again the international break came at unfortunate time for him after that beautifully taken goal against Sheffield.

Seems to be a common theme that after a good game he’s dropped or there’s a break. Happened under Emery too.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
So whats the excuse for his play tonight?

Who was to blame Arteta, Aubemeyang, Bellerin? Was the formation wrong? Did we not play the ball to him 5 yards out with nobody to beat?

Or am I the problem? Should I not discuss Pepe in a discussion forum because I dont think Pepe is a good player. If only I thought Pepe was amazing we could all agree hes amazing and then hed be amazing.

Tsl

Pepe hasn't played a good 90 minutes in an Arsenal shirt. He lives on moments of magic, and unfortunately it happens too rarely

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Great question. Never seen someone leave the ball behind him as much as this man.
My God, I literally thought the exact same thing during the game. Never have I seen a play dribble and leave the ball behind as much as he does.

He's lucky the Kepa is a abysmal as he is our else he'd easily talked about as the biggest waste of money currently in the league. I honestly want him to come on a do well every time he plays/gets subbed on, and I always try and fetch excuses for him etc.. but he genuinely just looks like a fundamentally poor player. For me it's not an adapting to the league issue, it's not a formation/position/team mates issues. He just looks like a bad player ability wise and you can't tactic that out of him no matter how hard you try.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I don't see why there was competition to buy him. Which other clubs were fighting for him and hence resulting in the exorbitant price we paid? What did they see in him?

I don't see why there was competition to buy him. Which other clubs were fighting for him and hence resulting in the exorbitant price we paid? What did they see in him?

Dont think there was anyone after him. Rumors that Bayern and Liverpool were after him but I think these clubs only leaked fake news to trick us into buying him.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Given Laca's horrendous performances I'd give Pepe a run up, hard to see how he could be worse and there's upside here potentially. Arteta doesn't trust him on the wings so give him a proper run in a position where his only competition right now is a borderline waste of space.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Trust your big money investment and atleast give him some regular gametime and not one game here one there ffs

I refuse to give up on him until he gets to play regularly for a period of time

He is in and out more than me at a bar on a friday night

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So frustrating you see how well he takes that Sheffield goal and think it might be clicking.

Then it’s back to leaving the ball behind and getting knocked over by a breeze.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Am not giving up on him, but Pepe has to do a lot more. Seems to hide when we need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom