• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
No squad rotation = no energy. We lacked creativity against a team which came to try and nick a draw, maybe Özil would have delivered that if he wasn;t the most expensive persona non grata in sport.

In the first half wer were unlucky - denied a good goal and a penalty - butin the seconf half they were going through the motions.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
We need to keep faith. But right now are difficult times. I hope Arteta can prove to us, that he has a plan in theese kind of matches.

Reactions: A_G

baccy_man

Established Member
We should have had Saka on the left Auba in the middle and Pepe as our front line Laca was a waste of time the chance he had that he could have scored and blew them,
we didn't show any urgency in our game it was too slow and too many back passes again.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In possession, Xhaka dropped in at lcb and Ceballos dropped into some sort of weird rb position. Partey all alone in the centre of the pitch, both full backs high. I don't see the point of it.

Bellerin and Tierney cannot beat a man 1v1. The wingers need to receive the ball and play it to them on an overlap. Our pace of pass was ridiculously slow. Zero urgency.

The way they started trying to zip it around after conceding is embarrassing. They knew they were playing slowly but just didn't change it until it bit them in the arse.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta have alot to do we can't keep like this i know its rebuilding but we have much better talent going forward seem all just afraid to attack xhaka Ceballos spent the game so deep for what reason? Partey did what he could he not a magician.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I dunno about that. Sure the first half we looked good going forward but that second half was absolute dogsh!t.

It's like we don't want to attack, don't want to make runs in the final third or create triangles at the edge of the box.

We hardly play one-twos, we hardly do anything that indicates we want to be a serious threat to the opposition, it's just drip pass slowly, slowly, backwards then slowly forwards again.

I don't get it.
It's personnel. Arteta needs to change it up a bit. You know which forward we have who actually is good at 1-2s in attacking situations? Reiss Nelson. Where was he? Not in the squad. ESR - not in the squad. They're young, and untested (in Nelson's case, he's lacking in momentum currently) so I get the apprehension but what he has used isn't working quite so well either. It's not fitting together.

Arteta claims that the training is giving him a headache of who to pick in the squad. I say the matches should give him a bit more clarity about who he should give consistent game time to.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The front 3 are the the problem nobody else. Aubameyang has been poor for weeks now you could put it down to burn out no rest over the summers short break and Lacazette is just bang average. No creativity in the finale 3rd
Yh we’re trying to do a Liverpool with attacking fullbacks but our front three except for Saka can barely control the ball.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We were better than this before the FA cup final. We've gone backwards. Inexplicable and unacceptable tbh. As soon as your hopes are raised, in true Arsenal style, you get shat on and you have no ****ing idea how it came to this bullshit.

Yes definitely, I mean it's not like we were creating bucket loads before the Covid break but it's like Arteta found out that playing defensively worked against the big boys and he's hooked.

I honestly don't know wtf that second half was, how can you expect to win anything when you're that cautious.

I don't get it, why can't our managers find a balance? It's either all out attack (Wenger), or duking it with the opposition getting twice, three times as many shots as us (Emery) or ultra slow build up beyond cautious defence (Arteta)?

I still think Arteta is the one so to speak. But please we need a little bit of freedom, some risk otherwise we'll beat ourselves.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
The trolls will own the forum for the next few days then.
dude...i posted clearly that brendan is rope-a-doping us ...and you went all political about negativity and how I am a bad poster ...

first learn to understand football before calling other people trolls.

Reactions: Kav

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This was an avoidable loss IMO. The set-up was less of an issue, but we have too many parts that don't fit together. Lacazette has been awful the last couple of games and I expected him to be bad today (spoiler, he was).

Lineup wasn't bad overall but I think Arteta could have been a bit braver in some respects. I don't think he needed to shoehorn Xhaka-Partey-Ceballos altogether at the same time. It really led to us being a bit flat in that area collectively. That said, I think the 1st half saw some of our better structured attacks this season - the big issue is that instead of Auba at the head of the spear, we had Lacazette. Saka wasn't fantastic but he was still miles ahead of the other attackers, including Auba who struggled on the right.

I'm not too fussed with Arteta's tactics in terms of how he's setting us up to play, but he's not doing himself any favors with his lineups. Trying to be a bit too clever instead of putting together a lineup that makes sense from both an attacking and defensive perspective. I'm certainly not Arteta out either, that's pure unadulterated bollock juice. But some brave decisions have to be made IMO,

I'll actually look forward to the Dundalk game as I'll actually get to see some attackers I want to see but United will be very interesting.
In regards to the midfield trio, I actually think it's time to give Willock or AMN a run there. A second player who can actually progress the ball alongside Partey and we'd have won comfortably. Even a headless chicken like Willock would have been better than what we saw out there from Ceballos and Xhaka today.

Breezy

Worried about the way this match is going with that chav Vardy waiting to be introduced.

Another first half where we’ve played like we’re waiting for something to happen as opposed to trying to make it happen.

Also that lino who disallowed the goal can suck his mother.

Called it ffs. Of course this club will never disappoint you.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
That was terrible. We’ve been poor all season, lost all the big games with no quality shown.

Players looked tired, I asked on Thursday why are main players playing against Viena?

Massive questions for Arteta, he’s under pressure now, and I know we’re not beating Utd.

Waiting for the masterful stroke of a Tweet from this man

WeeklyBronzeEuropeanpolecat-max-1mb.gif

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We've never lost at home in October and Leicester never come here and win-well not since 1973 anyway! We have to be careful now because we don't have time to be out of the CL any longer and non competitive for any longer. Arteta must improve performances by Christmas. We saw Emery get lucky with poor performances but decent results until things evened themselves out and we fell off massively. Another cup won't do. I want that top 4 trophy.

Reactions: Kav
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom