• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope mikel not keep being stubborn i know things won't be fixed that quick but please give freedom to our players to attack.

Reactions: Kav

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The manager deserves full blame imo but we’ve also stacked our squad full of limited players.

Lacazette, Nketiah, Auba, Willian etc all can’t dribble with the ball. Kick and run merchants.

Tbf it is the managers fault Laca couldn't hit a bar door with a banjo.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In regards to the midfield trio, I actually think it's time to give Willock or AMN a run there. A second player who can actually progress the ball alongside Partey and we'd have won comfortably. Even a headless chicken like Willock would have been better than what we saw out there from Ceballos and Xhaka today.
Here's the deal:

Arteta doesn't trust the young players - or rather, he doesn't want to trust them as they're too young to be relied upon. He's alluded to this in his press conferences and that's fair IMO. I mean, he plays Saka a hell of a lot but he's that rare youngster who is a fairly consistent performer - always has been.

I agree wholeheartedly with you to be honest, it's exactly what I would have done but Arteta is proving to be somewhat risk averse in his tenure so far. Maybe we'll see a more progressive team against Dundalk on Thursday (at least, I hope so, I don't want to see Laca, Xhaka or Ceballos anywhere near that XI on Thursday).

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Also, I don’t mind losing if we play on the front foot, what’s the point of being so passive and still losing games?

Because it's Arteta...and Arteta being Arteta think's being Arteta can make him as good as Pep.

2xlcka.png

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m fed up. We look really really bad and the signs tell me it’s not going to improve much.

The first half was promising because it's a new formation so you expect some teething issues. That second half though was just wretched

Arteta needs to find a way to attack without David f*cking Luiz. If he doesn't he won't make it nor should he

Reactions: Kav

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
WHY CANT WE JUST PLAY LIKE A NORMAL TEAM PLAYING 433???

Arteta spent too much time with Josep, turning fullbacks into CM and CM into 3 ATB CBs or whatever stuff they were doing
This was pretty similar to a Liverpool 433 tbf

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
WHY CANT WE JUST PLAY LIKE A NORMAL TEAM PLAYING 433???

We could get into a long and detailed convo about the cons of our current team...but it can be basically summed up by calling most of them gimps.

Auba...great finisher, worse footballer than Theo.

Laca...at this point, I am better than this guy :lol:

No one in our midfield is comfortable at playing high up the pitch really, which is a massive hindrance...we don't have a Santi, Rosicky or an Özil (current one is done, so don't say Mes) for example.

Partey will be great, but is more of a deep player...Ceballos and Xhaka are also deep playmakers, but both have big flaws really (especially Granit) so playing both mean we end up with 2 players doing the same thing...it's why a three at the back suits us, to cover the many, MANY flaws in our midfield.

Bellerin is a fashion merchant at this point, Tierney is a crossing merchant really...half joking with Tierney, but neither of our fullbacks are good footballers...think how important Cole and Lauren were in comparison.

Mustafi is...Mustafi

Gimps.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Can we stop mentioning Özil.

I would have liked to see him in the team but he’s done, there’s no point in dwelling on the past. All this Özil talk after every game is annoying as ****.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Here's the deal:

Arteta doesn't trust the young players - or rather, he doesn't want to trust them as they're too young to be relied upon. He's alluded to this in his press conferences and that's fair IMO. I mean, he plays Saka a hell of a lot but he's that rare youngster who is a fairly consistent performer - always has been.

I agree wholeheartedly with you to be honest, it's exactly what I would have done but Arteta is proving to be somewhat risk averse in his tenure so far. Maybe we'll see a more progressive team against Dundalk on Thursday (at least, I hope so, I don't want to see Laca, Xhaka or Ceballos anywhere near that XI on Thursday).
You're probably right but as the heat turns up on him, he's going to need to trust them because as much as a young player might let you down, these older players he's trusting will let you down. They've proven it time and again.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Why are we paying a striker £250k p/w to score goals when he hasn't had more then 1 shot in 4 games.

Why are we paying a striker £250k p/w when his hold up play is non existant and he's useless with the ball to feet.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've been oziled.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Fair enough, I’ve always thought his goals gloss over his performances. Average touch, No hold up play, poor in the air & very rarely beats his man despite being gifted with ridiculous pace. He’s Walcott with better finishing. Totally understand why Arteta doesn’t trust him to lead the line. You belittle Vardy for his touch and go passes but he does that far better than any of our forwards, I see Vardy as the better player, might not score as many but helps makes his team tick, can you really say the same for Aubemeyang?

Im sure he’ll score a tap in next week and everyone will be hyping him up again.

You are right about Auba, his all round game is quite poor. But that never stopped him scoring more goals in the last few years than everyone else besides Messi and Ronaldo. When you have a striker like that you sacrifice something else in the team so you can get him in those positions. It is exactly what leicester do. When Vardy is playing everything is geared up the get the best out of him. They only look for him, constantly trying to release him. He can just stay up front, on the last shoulder of our defenders. Ask Auba to do the same and I'm sure he would score more than Vardy even.

How many shots let alone chances does Auba get a game? Of course when he is all about finishing he is going to look dreadful when he isn't getting any chances. Try to imagine Vardy where Auba was playing today? What would he have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom