• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wasn’t a fan of the midfield three, it might allow Bellerin and Tierney to push higher but neither are particularly outstanding there.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteyhas to take the blame squarely here.
I know the goal we conceded was individual lapse in concentration. But the tactics he deployed was quite awful.

Partey-xhaka-Ceballos is a solid midfield when you're playing away against a top opposition, not at home against Leicester ffs

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Why are we paying a striker £250k p/w to score goals when he hasn't had more then 1 shot in 4 games.

Why are we paying a striker £250k p/w when his hold up play is non existant and he's useless with the ball to feet.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've been oziled.
In a turn of pure serendipity the heat map right above your post explains precisely why Auba is not really at fault.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I’m fed up. We look really really bad and the signs tell me it’s not going to improve much.
I'm fed up too! We can't rely on anyone but Willian for creativity and he's got a knock. It's outrageous, I tell you!
We need ESR asap to take us forward whenever we have the ball. He can't be any worse than the plumbers we have running our midfield.

amigo

Wrighty and Shearer and the on screen ref Dermont Gallagher all agree that it was a legitimate goal. So frustrating so many times VAR has not corrected bad decisions against us this season.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Despite our **** play...

WE WERE ****ING ROBBED.

That goal would have given the game to us tactically, we would have won that game.

true.... and its been true for over 15 years. Lets not make the same mistake with Mikel that we made with Wenger. Lets understand that the refs are fking us over...and not turn on each other. Lets go after the refs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can we stop mentioning Özil.

I would have liked to see him in the team but he’s done, there’s no point in dwelling on the past. All this Özil talk after every game is annoying as ****.
Özil couldn't do nothing this game Leicester will man mark him and he'll struggle.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

This was pretty similar to a Liverpool 433 tbf

CompetentPassionateIchidna-max-1mb.gif

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's personnel. Arteta needs to change it up a bit. You know which forward we have who actually is good at 1-2s in attacking situations? Reiss Nelson. Where was he? Not in the squad. ESR - not in the squad. They're young, and untested (in Nelson's case, he's lacking in momentum currently) so I get the apprehension but what he has used isn't working quite so well either. It's not fitting together.

Arteta claims that the training is giving him a headache of who to pick in the squad. I say the matches should give him a bit more clarity about who he should give consistent game time to.
Nelson, ESR etc are untested and will remain untested until they are tested. They should have been tested at Rapid on Thursday in a game we could afford to lose.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
give it a rest...at 0-0 I was worried that we were playing into Brendans hands...and said so ...and you started talking about negativity and bad posting and trolling .... please be open to discussion and to learning about football.

this has nothing to do with winning or losing...we were saying this during the game... but you only want to label people.

lol you’ve said this learning about/understanding football dig 5 times with no response from me. This is not an argument. Learn how to discuss something without being so toxic all the time. Again I will state, you constantly make claims with no evidence.

We had several great chances in the first half and they had none. That was not a masterclass by Rodgers. It’s not Arteta’s fault that the ball got stuck under our foward’s feet 4 times 6 6 yards from goal. It’s not a masterclass to put Vardy on in the second half, it was desperation. Literally every manager and poster would’ve done the same.

Prayoga

skysports-arsenal-leicester-city-premier-league-football_4069379.jpg

Referee: Craig Pawson
  • Arsenal are unbeaten in October Premier League home matches for 18 years. They have played 32 such fixtures in this month since losing one.
  • The Gunners are also undefeated in 27 home meetings with Leicester in all competitions (W20 D7).
  • Leicester have won their last two PL away matches by an aggregate score of 8-2.
  • Brendan Rodgers' men have the best shot conversion rate in 2020/21, netting with just under 25 per cent of their efforts. But they have failed to score with any of their last 15 attempts across their last two outings.
Team News:
Arsenal

Arsenal will assess Willian (calf) and Dani Ceballos (ankle) after the duo were ruled out of Thursday's UEFA Europe League match against Rapid Vienna.

Rob Holding (hamstring) is sidelined for approximately three weeks.

Lecicester

Perera, Ndidi and Soyuncu remain out

Untitled.jpg
No chance, deep deep deep *******Bring back Özil, need more creativity to change game

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Also, I don’t mind losing if we play on the front foot, what’s the point of being so passive and still losing games?

This is what I was saying last weekend but @HairSprayGooners disagreed.

Is there a point of going into a game and playing so cautiously that you barely even create a chance? Such a **** mentality. It’s funny though as the same people that are loving this style of football criticised Mourinho when he used to do it.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Here's the deal:

Arteta doesn't trust the young players - or rather, he doesn't want to trust them as they're too young to be relied upon. He's alluded to this in his press conferences and that's fair IMO. I mean, he plays Saka a hell of a lot but he's that rare youngster who is a fairly consistent performer - always has been.

I agree wholeheartedly with you to be honest, it's exactly what I would have done but Arteta is proving to be somewhat risk averse in his tenure so far. Maybe we'll see a more progressive team against Dundalk on Thursday (at least, I hope so, I don't want to see Laca, Xhaka or Ceballos anywhere near that XI on Thursday).

Yep I get that feeling too but tbh I don't like the fear. It sort of permeates through the team and you can see it in the way we approach attacking, passing, it's slow, it's cautious it's terrified to make a mistake.

I also think bringing in youth at some point is important. What I will give Emery is that he played Saka, he played Nelson and Willock atleast in the Europa and Carling cup games.

I want to see some youth in the "less" important games.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
One thing I will say about Arteta is he seriously complicates things. I can see the logic behind dropping Ceballos and Xhaka deeper allowing Tierney and Bellerin to bomb forward. But at the same time Xhaka and Ceballos don't have enough pace to deal with counters and Laca is up front recieving balls.

Partey shouldn't be the furthest forward CM at all. He drives from deep he isnt a playmaker.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
lol you’ve said this learning about/understanding football dig 5 times with no response from me. This is not an argument. Learn how to discuss something without being so toxic all the time. Again I will state, you constantly make claims with no evidence.

We had several great chances in the first half and they had none. That was not a masterclass by Rodgers. It’s not Arteta’s fault that the ball got stuck under our player’s feet 4 times. It’s not a masterclass to put Vardy on in the second half, it was desperation. Literally every manager and poster would’ve done the same.

gee... where did the creativity go then? you were saying we were being really creative.... what happened in the second half? You should see the flow of the game and how its shaping up. By the end of the first half they were comfortable and we were huffing.

It was the FRIKKIN PLAN of Rogers and it was evident to everyone....but not to your genius eyes. Dont be tribal, first love football and try to understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom