• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Can we stop mentioning Özil.

I would have liked to see him in the team but he’s done, there’s no point in dwelling on the past. All this Özil talk after every game is annoying as ****.
The guy is on the payroll, he is our most expensive player. When he leaves it will be dwelling on the past. Until he leaves it is perverse and stubborn not to consider him part of the plans.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
What's the point of even turning up when you're playing at home if you're going to stick 11 men behind the ball and play **** and cautiously all game.

Arteta's man management with saliba has been shocking

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There must be reason of managers refusing play auba CF. I know he scoring goals from left last 2 season but him playing LW just making us unbalanced.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is what I was saying last weekend but @HairSprayGooners disagreed.

Is there a point of going into a game and playing so cautiously that you barely even create a chance? Such a **** mentality. It’s funny though as the same people that are loving this style of football criticised Mourinho when he used to do it.

Did you watch the first half? 11 shots, 9 chances created. How the **** is that passive lads @Troopz @GDeep™

Downfall was not killing the game in the first half due to missing multiple chances. That's the problem, we were not passive in that first half. When Vardy came on we looked scared.

Once again just chatting nonsense to suit points you've previously made.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Özil is definitely loving us losing...when we lose now, it vindicates him, then he can also tweet about how "He will always support this club", which a section of our fans will just fall head over heels for.

Win-win for Mes!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta needs to fix things quickly. We're zombie walking into a repeat of last season

Kav

Established Member
To think people were saying I was wrong for wanting Özil in the team. It’s not because I like him personally. No it’s because he’s better than all the others at unlocking spaces and creating chances. But Most of you think Mikel Passive football Arteta can do no wrong because we got lucky in 3 games. We have not played well since he came in. That’s the truth.

We are better defensively but don’t do enough at the other end. Right now Leeds, Aston Villa, Everton and evening West Ham are more fun to watch.

roz

Fake News Merchant
You are right about Auba, his all round game is quite poor. But that never stopped him scoring more goals in the last few years than everyone else besides Messi and Ronaldo. When you have a striker like that you sacrifice something else in the team so you can get him in those positions. It is exactly what leicester do. When Vardy is playing everything is geared up the get the best out of him. They only look for him, constantly trying to release him. He can just stay up front, on the last shoulder of our defenders. Ask Auba to do the same and I'm sure he would score more than Vardy even.

How many shots let alone chances does Auba get a game? Of course when he is all about finishing he is going to look dreadful when he isn't getting any chances. Try to imagine Vardy where Auba was playing today? What would he have done?
It’s partly Aubemeyangs fault he’s not getting chances. Has his movement been anywhere near the required level? I dont think so.

Vardy constantly drops deeper to help intercept the ball or to be a part of a combination or even make a tactical foul should it be needed. He understands how to play (& more importantly, win) football matches.

Possibly you and everyone else is right in saying Aubemeyang would be better playing centrally but I can’t help but feel the results would be much better. Arteta must think so in some capacity as he’s even tried Willian in a false 9 position rather than use Auba there. Don’t see a way this can improve, genuinely think Auba needs to play with a strike partner. Problem is Laca is dreadful & Eddie isn’t much better.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
gee... where did the creativity go then? you were saying we were being really creative.... what happened in the second half? You should see the flow of the game and how its shaping up. By the end of the first half they were comfortable and we were huffing.

It was the FRIKKIN PLAN of Rogers and it was evident to everyone....but not to your genius eyes. Dont be tribal, first love football and try to understand it.

I know what you are trying to say. Stop being so high and mighty like you’re smarter than someone, you aren’t.

If Arsenal was on the receiving end of that first half performance and then threw Auba on to knick a goal in the second half would you be saying the same? You’d be claim “Auba bailout”. You’re the tribal one, you’re just in a tribe of negativity against Arsenal.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
People keep saying he’s sorted the defence out, but he hasn’t, we just get everyone behind the ball.

Wenger could’ve done that.
Well that is not true. I do admit, he has put so much focus on the defence, that we somehow forgot how to play football.
The thing is, our defensive game was perfect, until Mustafi entered the field.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mustafi coming on instead of Luiz caused this defeat. Gabriel was left alone with both attackers, and obviously he had to commit to the man with the ball.
Makes me laugh, if you look in his thread, still people think he's our best defender :lol::lol::lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

People keep saying he’s sorted the defence out, but he hasn’t, we just get everyone behind the ball.

Wenger could’ve done that.

Tbf I think it's easier said than done, case in point Emery who played p*ssy ball and still somehow let the opposition hit us like a firing squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom