• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

chessygoal

I actually think other coach have made their homework. We are no longer surprising teams with our fluid system on the left, Saka and Tierney have a lot less space, Auba going inside is always marked, and Pepe when he plays is always double teamed.
It's a hard task for Arteta but I really believe that he's a good manager and he'll find solutions, looking forward to what he'll come up with in the next games.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of his, but I actually thought we played well in the first half. He needs to sort our attack out though. 4 strikers on at the end, 200m worth of talent and we didn't look threatening.
At times we did. And a lot of that was down to Luiz. Once he went off we still tried to play the same way.

Ultimately we played into Leicesters hands. A lot of sterile possession and never looked like breaking them down. And eventually we got done on the counter.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's a little alarming at present that I'm seeing more Moyes than Pep or Wenger. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. Put Auba up front, let Partey shield the back line and f*cking move the ball with purpose. No excuse for performances like today.

Manberg

Predator
Auba, before Partey, was our one stand out player above everyone else. You can’t complain that Arteta has dross to work with when the guy shunts our biggest goal threat out wide to accommodate said dross.

Auba was our standout player when playing on the left. He drifts inside anyway. It doesn’t make a difference.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Auba, before Partey, was our one stand out player above everyone else. You can’t complain that Arteta has dross to work with when the guy shunts our biggest goal threat out wide to accommodate said dross.

Yeah I honestly honestly feel like our problems in attack aren't solely a personnel issue.

I think you put Saka-Auba-Pepe, with maybe a Ceballos but in an actual 10 role or even Willian and tell them to go at the opposition then we create chances, of course our defending would then suffer greatly which is what Arteta is worrying about.

However at some point we're gonna have to let them free up front.

Manberg

Predator
It's no secret that I'm not a fan of his, but I actually thought we played well in the first half. He needs to sort our attack out though. 4 strikers on at the end, 200m worth of talent and we didn't look threatening.

200m of strikers that was badly spent. Arteta needs to get his own strikers in.

Ashybashy86

It's comes across that he'd rather save face with a minimal loss rather than set up to win the game and get another typical Arsenal style drubbing.
Exactly this! Of course most of us don't want to see a drubbing, but the lack of impetus in our play is astonishing.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta played right into Rodgers tactics.

Yep, Rodgers knew what he was doing. He knew how predictable we were offensively and was waiting for the right moment to unleash Vardy while we were caught slacking. As much as people berate Rodgers the difference was experience in terms of coaching. Arteta showed naivety. We pretty much played in such a way that it was like, ah if we keep playing this way we'll eventually get Auba a chance or something to that effect. We essentially completely disregarded the possibility of a sucker punch. Rodgers knew if he got Vardy that one chance it'd be enough.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Auba was our standout player when playing on the left. He drifts inside anyway. It doesn’t make a difference.

Of course it makes a difference when you have better wingers than Auba and a better striker than Lacazette. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lot to work on yes defensively he made us stable and good but going forward we can't go past having 12 shots a game and if opposition team defend deep we are clueless. He need to give freedom to our players and stop playing 343 it's just making us more clueless.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yep, Rodgers knew what he was doing. He knew how predictable we were offensively and was waiting for the right moment to unleash Vardy while we were caught slacking. As much as people berate Rodgers the difference was experience in terms of coaching. Arteta showed naivety. We pretty much played in such a way that it was like, ah if we keep playing this way we'll eventually get Auba a chance or something to that effect. We essentially completely disregarded the possibility of a sucker punch. Rodgers knew if he got Vardy that one chance it'd be enough.

I mean let's not get carried away about wise old Brendan. We had a legitimate goal disallowed and had we scored one or two more of our chances first half he'd have been battered.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom