• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
I Don't care what people think, Özil walks into this team.

You can **** on his work-rate, fine. You can **** on his commitment, fine.

But you can not **** on the fact the guy is possible the best playmaker this decade, he outstats Xavi, Iniesta, Kroos, **** me.

JUST PLAY HIM, he's still an employee of the club, so use him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You're going to get down days during a process like this. Just gotta try and be positive and go again. If we lose against United its going to be carnage. In an awful position if that happens.

Negative results against United, Villa and Leeds will make me ask questions.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I know what you are trying to say. Stop being so high and mighty like you’re smarter than someone, you aren’t.

If Arsenal was on the receiving end of that first half performance and then threw Auba on to knick a goal in the second half would you be saying the same? You’d be claim “Auba bailout”. You’re the tribal one, you’re just in a tribe of negativity against Arsenal.

nopes... we had the performance because brendan gave us the ball ... and managing vardy's minutes was his plan from the first minute. It was a predictable move. It wasnt a bailout..it was the whole frikkin plan.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
lol you’ve said this learning about/understanding football dig 5 times with no response from me. This is not an argument. Learn how to discuss something without being so toxic all the time. Again I will state, you constantly make claims with no evidence.

We had several great chances in the first half and they had none. That was not a masterclass by Rodgers. It’s not Arteta’s fault that the ball got stuck under our foward’s feet 4 times 6 6 yards from goal. It’s not a masterclass to put Vardy on in the second half, it was desperation. Literally every manager and poster would’ve done the same.
I'm not going to start knocking Arteta but what makes it worse is precisely that - it wasn't a master class from Rodgers.

It was in Arteta's power to have played a fresher team by rotating the squad and playing a more creative midfield. So he has to accept some of the blame for the loss.

rupscund

In what world does Xhaka, Elneny, Ceballos get a look in over Özil, it's ridiculous.

Arteta is the problem, not Özil.

Agree completely. Arteta is the most defensive coach we've ever had. We are set up to just not lose and it's boring, boring, boring!!

Give Pochettino whatever he wants and let's get some pride and entertainment back!!

Impact

Established Member
Leicester did to us what we’ve been doing to the big teams. Defend deep, compact between the spaces and be clinical on the counter. It happens.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Pepe: what can you say.

good at doing little tricks 2m away from an opponent any closer he losses Possession.

don’t really offer nothing more then Gervinho did. Can see why Raul was given the chop
please dont insult gervinho.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You're probably right but as the heat turns up on him, he's going to need to trust them because as much as a young player might let you down, these older players he's trusting will let you down. They've proven it time and again.

Absolutely. The profile of the team is shifting but these guys are holding the team back from that transformation. Gabriel and Partey have been two very good additions, bringing security in both technical and physical areas. The players letting us down do not bring either. Laca brings neither. Xhaka can pass forward but can't turn quick with the ball and Ceballos - who I like - takes too many touches to do anything most of the time. Not bad players individually but together they're flat.

They absolutely need to try something different.
Nelson, ESR etc are untested and will remain untested until they are tested. They should have been tested at Rapid on Thursday in a game we could afford to lose.

Preaching to the choir, my friend. Nobody was more disappointed than me not to see ESR and Nelson play. That lineup was so first team heavy and we suffered IMO because of it.
Yep I get that feeling too but tbh I don't like the fear. It sort of permeates through the team and you can see it in the way we approach attacking, passing, it's slow, it's cautious it's terrified to make a mistake.

I also think bringing in youth at some point is important. What I will give Emery is that he played Saka, he played Nelson and Willock atleast in the Europa and Carling cup games.

I want to see some youth in the "less" important games.
I've got an eye on Thursday, we will see if they finally get some minutes then.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I Don't care what people think, Özil walks into this team.

You can **** on his work-rate, fine. You can **** on his commitment, fine.

But you can not **** on the fact the guy is possible the best playmaker this decade, he outstats Xavi, Iniesta, Kroos, **** me.

JUST PLAY HIM, he's still an employee of the club, so use him.
Give it a f*cking rest dude. He's not registered, he's not playing. It's over. Stop trolling and discuss actual plausible options for the team to improve. This lionization of a player who routinely disappeared in matches like this one is nauseating and stupid.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Leeds? :rofl:

Bielsa is going to school Arteta, he done the same to Pep and they were unlucky not to get the 3 points. Leeds will surprise us with their quality.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It’s partly Aubemeyangs fault he’s not getting chances. Has his movement been anywhere near the required level? I dont think so.

Vardy constantly drops deeper to help intercept the ball or to be a part of a combination or even make a tactical foul should it be needed. He understands how to play (& more importantly, win) football matches.

Possibly you and everyone else is right in saying Aubemeyang would be better playing centrally but I can’t help but feel the results would be much better. Arteta must think so in some capacity as he’s even tried Willian in a false 9 position rather than use Auba there. Don’t see a way this can improve, genuinely think Auba needs to play with a strike partner. Problem is Laca is dreadful & Eddie isn’t much better.

I'm actually not that bothered whether Auba plays through the middle or from the wing. As long as he is constantly in and around the penalty area. If he was told not to track back as much (like Salah for example) then he would be just as deadly from the wing. The problem is under this system we never really fully control games so he ends up too far away from the goal. He hardly gets a sight of the goal. Such a waste of his speciality.

Impact

Established Member
I liked the set up behind the ball. Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos with Gabriel and Luiz behind. Good distribution and capable of handling the transition/counter. Went out of the window when Mustafi came on sadly.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We dont even play through the middle anymore, we need to mix it up.

Tbt I'm fine with that, a lot of teams sort of neglect it now as the midfield tends to get packed out.

Case in point Liverpool as I think the Gomez/Van Dijk switches to Trent are actually a thing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom