• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Give it a f*cking rest dude. He's not registered, he's not playing. It's over. Stop trolling and discuss actual plausible options for the team to improve. This lionization of a player who routinely disappeared in matches like this one is nauseating and stupid.

I would discuss plausible options if we had actually any options on the bench. Catch my drift? I'm so pro Özil because we have no creativity in the squad, calm down.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Leeds? :rofl:

Bielsa is going to school Arteta, he done the same to Pep and they were unlucky not to get the 3 points. Leeds will surprise us with their quality.
They won't surprise anyone who watched us against them last year or how they've started the season. Bielsa is a genius. Arteta has no chance of outmanaging him. It will be solely on the players to get a result which should fill us all with dread.

Impact

Established Member
The huge and obvious issue is that Lacazette and Aubameyang individually and collectively do not offer enough in between the lines so it should be either/or not a both situation. Our attack is so reliant on Saka because he’s the only actual wide forward that can retain and progress play in the half space.

Kav

Established Member
I'm really pissed off. We have shocking, shocking footballers and all our strikers are ****, unless Auba is being fed properly.

The players are certainly culpable but you can see that they are doing what the manager asks of them in terms of positioning. They are playing how he instructs by maintaining possession and recycling the ball. I’m sure that some of them would rather play more direct but Mikel wants slow and measured.

Mikels approach works best when we are the underdog or weaker team but against teams at our level it just shows his cautiousness.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I liked the set up behind the ball. Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos with Gabriel and Luiz behind. Good distribution and capable of handling the transition/counter. Went out of the window when Mustafi came on sadly.

How can you like a set up that gets Ceballos and Xhaka on the ball more than Partey?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I agree, the club always mention these great youngsters but is there a reason why they’re not getting a chance over duds like Lacazette?

Stick Auba CF and give the likes of ESR, Reiss Nelson etc a chance. Leicester threw the likes of Fofana, Barnes and Justin in their team.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Our stats were better in every way apart from two crucial areas. The goal obviously but even more worryingly 0-2 in terms of big chances. We knew Auva would fall off but we are creating nothing worthwhile. We had 11 chances first half and 1 second half. We were kings of the comeback under Wenger and often better second half under Emery. Adrian Clarke is saying the first half is the best we've played under Arteta. Passed the eye test (sort of) but the stats tell a different story :facepalm:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
People keep saying he’s sorted the defence out, but he hasn’t, we just get everyone behind the ball.

Wenger could’ve done that.

yeah sacrificing all your offence for defensive stability is not hard, it's a reason why that's what most small clubs resort to.

If we can get the balance between offence and defence right and still look defensively solid that would be impressive.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Tbt I'm fine with that, a lot of teams sort of neglect it now as the midfield tends to get packed out.

Case in point Liverpool as I think the Gomez/Van Dijk switches to Trent are actually a thing now.
With us we become too one dimential down the left, way too predictable. We are way too slow switching the play.

Impact

Established Member
How can you like a set up that gets Ceballos and Xhaka on the ball more than Partey?

All three of them are good passers from deep. We’ll see more from Partey in other games. Leicester packed the middle well. The problem was our options receiving the ball in the final third were dire.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I'm actually not that bothered whether Auba plays through the middle or from the wing. As long as he is constantly in and around the penalty area. If he was told not to track back as much (like Salah for example) then he would be just as deadly from the wing. The problem is under this system we never really fully control games so he ends up too far away from the goal. He hardly gets a sight of the goal. Such a waste of his speciality.
I dunno man, thought we controlled that game from start til the 70th min. Sterile domination.
He’s nowhere near talented enough to be as effective as Salah is for Liverpool. Feels so bleak right now. :(

Make

Player:Ødegaard
We have just played on the flanks and no passes in the middle of the pitch. Ceballos played on the right side and he couldn't play with Thomas or having a link-up with the strikers. In my opinion a day like today we need a player like Özil, is tough to say that but it's the true.

Reactions: Kav

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It is about finding the right balance and we have to remember this is Arteta's first full season.

He just needs to get back to basics, play your strongest team and best players in each position. Play 433 or 4231.

And for the love of god play Saliba. Saliba can't even play in the Europa league ffs!!!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
All three of them are good passers from deep. We’ll see more from Partey in other games. Leicester packed the middle well. The problem was our options receiving the ball in the final third were dire.

They don't break lines, they are too safe. Its interesting that you cite them as good passers from deep when our best passer from deep was Luiz. The ball to Tierney was on all first half. Its telling that Luiz played it and Ceballos didn't.

ArtetaOut

Hey @Jury, how'd you enjoy watching your boytoy Arteta getting torn a new one by Leicester and Rodgers ey? I thought you and the other paid shills/bootlickers were saying Arteta is world-class miracle worker or some ****? How's that worked out for you? Did you enjoy fapping over the non-stop backwards sideways passing? Too bad for you that your Messiah Arteta's tactics are just about as impotent as you lmao

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Hey @Jury, how'd you enjoy watching your boytoy Arteta getting torn a new one by Leicester and Rodgers ey? I thought you and the other paid shills/bootlickers were saying Arteta is world-class miracle worker or some ****? How's that worked out for you? Did you enjoy fapping over the non-stop backwards sideways passing? Too bad for you that your Messiah Arteta's tactics are just about as impotent as you lmao

**** off back to foxestalk you cretin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom