• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wonder if he'll try Saka in the midfield to try to get someone on the ball in between the lines. We're missing that link to the forwards badly, we end up going wide every time.

Been asking for Saka behind the striker for ages. Don't know why he doesn't do it. We get Lacazette to drop deep while keeping Auba and the right winger deep too. No wonder we look blunt

PressResistance

To those who are not questioning Arteta in any capacity, let me offer you a set of 10 questions Mikel has to answer:

1) Why are we so satisfied playing passes back and sideways at all points in scenarios in the game?
2) Why is all traffic chanelled outside?
3) Why is Bellerin getting gametime in front of AMN after a horrid mistake against City?
4) How do you connect attack and defence?
5) Where 's the link-up player, a technical man who can turn his player and play in our forwards, forget Özil, why not give ESR or Saka a go there?
6) How do you get your forwards in dangerous areas?
7) How do you move into the middle of the park and create overloads in the middle?
8) What is the point of a fullback learning to go in the middle if his main goal is to get stuck on an island far from the goal on the flank?
9) How to get better in the final third in all aspects?
10) How do you win consistently in the PL?

BONUS: When will he make timely subs?

Due to the fact he has so many questions to answer, I am getting worried he might not be the man we need.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Goal conceded was also an effect of playing a back four. 3 CBs would've had a better chance of sweeping that up, instead of 2 v 2. Mustafi went to sleep anyway and it became 2 v 1.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
“My philosophy will be clear,” he said. “I want the football to be expressive, entertaining. I cannot have a concept of football where everything is based on the opposition.

“We have to dictate the game, we have to be the ones taking the initiative, and we have to entertain the people coming to watch us.

What the hell happened?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He’s not been performing anywhere near as well since signing his contract. Most of his goals came from him playing on the left too. Makes anyone wonder.
But I was particularly talking about Lacazette and Pepe. They’ve not justified their price tags.

2019/20
RW/LW - 15 goals with an xG of 9.02
FW - 7 goals with an xG of 6.94

2018/19
RW/LW - 3 goals with an xG of 2.03
FW - 14 goals with an xG of 16.11

2017/18
RW/LW - 3 goals with an xG of 2.64
FW - 20 goals with an xG of 23.11

2016/17
FW - 30 goals with an xG of 30.88

2015/16
FW - 23 goals with an xG of 26.09

Last seasons goal scoring record was an anomaly. The stats show he has never outperformed his xG anywhere close to that. He was scoring a lot of goals that he had no right scoring. His whole career has been about being in the right position and putting away chances and he’s now being asked to feed off scraps or create something out of nothing. It worked for the first 15 games under Arteta but it’s simply not sustainable, especially for a player as limited as Auba.

Manberg

Predator
2019/20

2018/19

2017/18

2016/17

2015/16

Last seasons goal scoring record was an anomaly. The stats show he has never outperformed his xG anywhere close to that. He was scoring a lot of goals that he had no right scoring. His whole career has been about being in the right position and putting away chances and he’s now being asked to feed off scraps or create something out of nothing. It worked for the first 15 games under Arteta but it’s simply not sustainable, especially for a player as limited as Auba.

Do you think Auba is losing pace? Or is he just not committing hard enough?

P.S I meant to say last season.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
2019/20

2018/19

2017/18

2016/17

2015/16

Yeah spot on..

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

“My philosophy will be clear,” he said. “I want the football to be expressive, entertaining. I cannot have a concept of football where everything is based on the opposition.

“We have to dictate the game, we have to be the ones taking the initiative, and we have to entertain the people coming to watch us.

What the hell happened?
Have to pray it’s in the locker. I think he likes robotic football but we need better players for that

WiscoGooner8

At this point I’m not convinced that Arteta isn’t the answer, I’m convinced that for the most part a manager isn’t going to make a huge difference one way or the other. We’ve had largely the same players the last 4 years and essentially the same results....we haven’t had a good attack since Wenger’s 2nd to last season. Doesn’t matter who the manager has been.

Top Bottom