• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

Vardy always scores against us, every season, its all soooooooooooooo predictable.

Lame performance from us, entire 2nd half we did virtually nothing, there was no creation, the only way we look dangerous if when Luiz just hoofs the ball as hard as he can 85 yards and hope it bounces to one of our strikers.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I'm not going to start knocking Arteta but what makes it worse is precisely that - it wasn't a master class from Rodgers.

It was in Arteta's power to have played a fresher team by rotating the squad and playing a more creative midfield. So he has to accept some of the blame for the loss.

Sure, I’ll concede that. There was a clear drop off after about 35-40 minutes.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
giphy.gif

No surprises here. Same individuals making the mistakes and we’re in 2020.

His brain fart moments have cost us twice against Leicester ffs.

Clear as day and no surprise.

Sure blame the players only and ignore the system that is being played.

Meh the system should have at least got us over the line this game. Without Mustafi terrible mistake we would have kept clean sheet and then we did create a few decent chances. With better striker one of them might even go in.

A lot of things to work on but I think we have many bad apples still playing important minutes for us.

Polar Bear

Is our attack a problem... Aubameyang, Laca, and Pepe almost cost us 200 M and they all just feel so laid back somehow... Sometimes its like they are just playing friendly... A lot of cons follow them too that many times overshadow their pros.
I agree with you, especially Pepe, he is so laid back and half asleep all the time. He gets away with far too much, he is so sleepy.

He gets pushed off the ball a lot, and people will claim its because he is not strong enough, but I say its more the opposition players are so much more aggressive and actually want it !!!. I've seen him get pushed off the ball by very lightweight players too, they just simply want it more and are awake. Seems he plays like he is on sleeping pills or melatonin

shoot for the top

The main reason we are so weak in attack is that the starting positions of the fullbacks/attackers are too far forward and they stay forward. If you watch closely this game, every time we attacked their whole team is already back defending because we pushed them back so quickly. The attackers need to wait until a gap appears through the cycling of possession or some good combination play, it is too predictable at the moment.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Vardy always scores against us, every season, its all soooooooooooooo predictable.

Lame performance from us, entire 2nd half we did virtually nothing, there was no creation, the only way we look dangerous if when Luiz just hoofs the ball as hard as he can 85 yards and hope it bounces to one of our strikers.

Mustafi comes into defense, Vardy joins their attack. It was 100% going to happen.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When teams defend so deep you'll need players creat space for themselves if everybody standing around the chances will be few and easy to defend explains we had 11 shots at 1st half and only 1 at 2nd half because laca saka auba were all moving.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Another thing I’ve noticed is we’re moving the ball too slow. All this sideways football and we’re letting the opposition team regain their shape to frustrate us.

We lack risk takers in this team and it all stems down from the manager and his cautious approach. The limited footballers we have don’t help too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another thing I’ve noticed is we’re moving the ball too slow. All this sideways football and we’re letting the opposition team regain their shape to frustrate us.

We lack risk takers in this team and it all stems down from the manager and his cautious approach. The limited footballers we have don’t help too.
Yes that something also affect our chance creation our players just slow or just not taking risk and ending pass backward

Manberg

Predator

There absolutely no movement creativity problem or not if the movment is so little the chances will be few. Leicester hold themselves well at 2nd half to be fair because at 1st half they got away with it.

Exactly. Some here think that a #10 will be a magical solution to unlock low blocks. We had Cazorla and prime Özil and had games like this. We need better forwards first and foremost. Laca and Pepe are not good enough.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Exactly. Some here think that a #10 will be a magical solution to unlock low blocks. We had Cazorla and prime Özil and had games like this. We need better forwards first and foremost. Laca and Pepe are not good enough.

I called for Lacazette to get shipped out during the summer and there were a few on here that kept on defending him.

Bringing in a lethal CF and getting rid of deadwood like Lacazette was a major priority last summer but we didn’t do it. Some even thought Lacazette was a better option than Raul Jimenez :facepalm:

We have to go all out for Patson Daka in January if we want to make top 4 imo.

Kav

Established Member
Meh the system should have at least got us over the line this game. Without Mustafi terrible mistake we would have kept clean sheet and then we did create a few decent chances. With better striker one of them might even go in.

A lot of things to work on but I think we have many bad apples still playing important minutes for us.
I won’t deny that some players are not pulling their weight but when you watch the lack of dynamism and the predictability in our play it is no surprise when we don’t score or break down teams.

We played well in the first half but to be very honest our best player was Luiz a CB who was making the most chances with his passes. Our midfield was non existent and I put that down to instructions from the coach. He had our CM’s tuck in wide to allow our RB/LB to bomb forward. That’s fine but it left a massive hole in the midfield and no one was connecting play. For months now we play the ball around in a big U. It’s frustrating to watch.

I know he’s a young manager and this is his first time. I just don’t think he should be using Arsenal as his test run so to speak until he figures things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom