• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

We don't have worse players than Leeds. Look how entertaining their football is! Arteta fanboys always blame the players. And if we win it is the tactics and the manager. Like when Auba won us the FA cup, Arteta got too much credit for it!

I am not mad we lost 3 games already, it happens. I am mad cause the way we play the game is dreadful. You can see the players are shackled. They can't do anything spontaneous. They just have to stick to the drill.

Why do we play our best player out of position? Why give Saliba no chance? Surely he can't be worse than Mustafi! And we all know the Özil drama. What is Saka's position btw? How can our best young player develop if he doesn't know his position?

Manberg

Predator
We don't have worse players than Leeds. Look how entertaining their football is! Arteta fanboys always blame the players. And if we win it is the tactics and the manager. Like when Auba won us the FA cup, Arteta got too much credit for it!

I am not mad we lost 3 games already, it happens. I am mad cause the way we play the game is dreadful. You can see the players are shackled. They can't do anything spontaneous. They just have to stick to the drill.

Why do we play our best player out of position? Why give Saliba no chance? Surely he can't be worse than Mustafi! And we all know the Özil drama. What is Saka's position btw? How can our best young player develop if he doesn't know his position?

I would take Bamford over Laca any day of the week.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We see turnovers when having to play short 6 yard passes.
As for today, Leicester had 5 men stay back at all times. Even when we won the ball high up the pitch it was always a 2v5 scenario. The numbers weren’t there. There was never any opportunity to counter attack.
Literally every time Luiz played a long ball we caused them an issue. Instead of continuing to pursue those avenues we decided to play with the ball at the halfway line without a care in the world. Playing cowardly football at home against a weakened Leicester is not justifiable in any way, shape or form.

Godwin1

Very well-known
We’re in uncharted waters tbf.

If we’d have seen him manage other clubs we’d know whether he’s capable of a progressive style of play.

The problem is we see Guardiola football and assume it’d be more of the same. I’ve thought for a while with the way he sets up his teams he’s more of a Moyes disciple.

He’s spent the longest part of his football career with him above any other manager. It’s not a bad thing per se but it does remind me of peak Moyes era Everton as we’re very difficult to beat, very reliant on crosses and poor creating a lot from open play that isn’t a counter attack.
Makes you wonder if hiring a manager with at least a bit of experience wouldn't be a bad idea.

Manberg

Predator
Literally every time Luiz played a long ball we caused them an issue. Instead of continuing to pursue those avenues we decided to play with the ball at the halfway line without a care in the world. Playing cowardly football at home against a weakened Leicester is not justifiable in any way, shape or form.

The ball kept bouncing off Lacazette. Willian in Laca’s place may not have been such a bad idea.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Makes you wonder if hiring a manager with at least a bit of experience wouldn't be a bad idea.

I was hesitant for that very reason. It’s a complete punt and you’re only really going off what he says in interviews.

With Pochettino and Mourinho you could at least point to a style of play and know they’re able to grind out results.

Not saying I’d rather either but we need to see some hopeful signs soon.

Manberg

Predator
I’d have thought that 2 fantastic trophy wins against the odds would allow fans to have patience in a young manager who has openly claimed he is in year 1 of a 5 year process, but I guess even that eludes the grasp of these undeserving fans.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Has anybody ever said this?

Honestly I keep saying, these things are all swings and rounabouts. Coaches who are ahead of the game will start looking at creative players again. With so many generic pressing teams ,if you have a team that can around or through presses you basically dominate the league.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
At least it was positive, that it was much closer to a 4-3-3 with the ball today. On the other side i think he is still scared, the our defensive stability will suffer with 4 at the back, so he still tried to get Xhaka as third CB. Tierney was much more dangerous as real fullback.

Things i still would like to see:

1. Auba as striker (the obvious one)
2. Saliba ahead of Mustafi at least, Holding and Luiz did great in the last weeks
3. Consequences of poor performances. Willian, Pepe and Laca had poor performances, but for example Nelson will get a start ahead of them. He was good in his last matches and was frozen out since then, completely not understandable for me. If Willian and Pepe would have been great in the same time, no problem. But Arteta isn't risking much (the same with Saliba).

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Rigid, boring, with an alarming lack of intensity as we got later in to the game. I desperately want Arteta to do well, but we are gonna score so few goals like this our defence has to be perfect.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sideways and backwards passing, 3 midfielders basically sitting. Auba out on the right.

Took Dani 12 months to play a good game last season, he’s been crap this season, but no non negotiating for him.

Other than Saka we have no creative player, the one that we do have is frozen out.

Manberg

Predator
Utd, Leeds, Villa coming up. Luiz is injured.

Couple of defeats there for sure.

Could be holding 5/6 defeats before Christmas.

You keep predicting us to lose and we lose, because you’re so masterful. Please predict some wins for Arsenal and it may come true. Arsenal needs you @GDeep™ . Be a friend not a foe.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You keep predicting us to lose and we lose, because you’re so masterful. Please predict some wins for Arsenal and it may come true.
I predicted us to get 4th. Can’t predict a bigger win then that. Looks like I was wrong as usual.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I was hesitant for that very reason. It’s a complete punt and you’re only really going off what he says in interviews.

With Pochettino and Mourinho you could at least point to a style of play and know they’re able to grind out results.

Not saying I’d rather either but we need to see some hopeful signs soon.
No I remember you were uncertain of him, goes without saying we back him now long term. It's funny to see others on this thread who were aggressively pro-Arteta now being a bit more uncertain when it was obvious it's going to be a long process with a brand new manager.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Honestly I keep saying, these things are all swings and rounabouts. Coaches who are ahead of the game will start looking at creative players again. With so many generic pressing teams ,if you have a team that can around or through presses you basically dominate the league.
City’s team is full of top creative players. And they press well.

Top Bottom