• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He was never really good to begin with
He was good but he wasn’t great.

The numbers and eye test both support that, no need to rewrite history to try and explain the madness we’re seeing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I thought Auba, Laca, Pepe will start every game this season. The 3 amigos, all smiling, playing together, build up a rhythm and carry the team, they started doing it at the end of last season.

This season starts and Arteta is all fruity with them, I think there is some mismanagement here. Auba out right?

Willian false 9? Team is mainly playing down the left too.

Manberg

Predator
I thought Auba, Laca, Pepe will start every game this season. The 3 amigos, all smiling, playing together, build up a rhythm and carry the team, they started doing it at the end of last season.

This season starts and Arteta is all fruity with them, I think there is some mismanagement here. Auba out right?

Willian false 9? Team is mainly playing down the left too.

Lacazette’s terrible performances vindicates the Willian false 9 experiment in my opinion. Willian did nowhere near as bad.

Reactions: JCB

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I'm sick of watching the following:

-Falling over
-Getting legs entangled with defender, falling over some more.
- Backing in to the center back until he goes off balance
- The obligatory sitter miss
- Underhit passes
- Always being 2 meters away from where the striker needs to be

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lacazette’s terrible performances vindicates the Willian false 9 experiment in my opinion. Willian did nowhere near as bad.

Talk about race to the bottom. Both were ****e, but at least Laca’s done something there in the past. Willian was just random.

If we wanted a forward to just press and hold the ball we should’ve kept Welbeck.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arteta needs to move away from this guy.

Unfortunately we don't have internal solutions and we are stuck with him. I would rather let Eddie play because he might be less adept at playing the false 9 role but he is comfortable at finishing. Laca has cost us in that regard a few times this season and last.

Pop Tart

Established Member

-Falling over
- Underhit passes
Nail on the head

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

-Falling over
- Underhit passes

We can’t sustain any pressure due to all the breaks in play whenever the ball is played into him.

Reactions: JCB

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta needs to move away from this guy.

Unfortunately we don't have internal solutions and we are stuck with him. I would rather let Eddie play because he might be less adept at playing the false 9 role but he is comfortable at finishing. Laca has cost us in that regard a few times this season and last.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
This guy is so useless and using him as a false 9/mediapunta is such a **** and ill-thought tactic.

Enough is enough, Mikel, time to wise up.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don’t want to come across as a conspiracist but is there a possibility Arteta won’t let Auba play as a 9 because Auba doesn’t want to? I’m really thinking why Lacazette, Nketiah, Willock and Willian have all played there but not our only world class striker.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I don’t want to come across as a conspiracist but is there a possibility Arteta won’t let Auba play as a 9 because Auba doesn’t want to? I’m really thinking why Lacazette, Nketiah, Willock and Willian have all played there but not our only world class striker.
You need to be physical to play there and Auba isn't someone that will put his foot in like Laca does. He also wouldn't like getting fouled to no end either, so he's occupying the space where he can use his pace and possibly curl one into the net instead of being with his back against the goal.

Zaza

He's done. We should've offered him as part of the deal to get Aouar.
Raul would've flogged him off if he was still around.
The fact that he's made people miss Giroud shows you how much of a disappointment he has been.

RunTheTrap

You need to be physical to play there and Auba isn't someone that will put his foot in like Laca does. He also wouldn't like getting fouled to no end either, so he's occupying the space where he can use his pace and possibly curl one into the net instead of being with his back against the goal.
This is true but not always the case. Vardy and Ings are similar to Auba and they play 9 to a good standard. Now thinking of it. Arteta doesn’t play Martinelli as a 9 and he’s basically the in-house Auba replacement so I personally think Arteta just sees strikers differently to what we do. Cos whatever Lacazette is right now, it’s not helping us getting into top 4.

RunTheTrap

Would you even consider this Lacazette as “physical”? Just seems like a dog with a worse bark than bite.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
This is true but not always the case. Vardy and Ings are similar to Auba and they play 9 to a good standard. Now thinking of it. Arteta doesn’t play Martinelli as a 9 and he’s basically the in-house Auba replacement so I personally think Arteta just sees strikers differently to what we do. Cos whatever Lacazette is right now, it’s not helping us getting into top 4.
I didn't catch a good part of Emery's first season due to life, when he played both of them up front, but if it worked then with great results, it can work now.
Problem is the tactics and the personnel behind them that isn't cutting the mustard.

Manberg

Predator

Not saying Auba can’t play as a nine but I disagree with you there. Both Vardy and Ings are physically stronger than Auba and much better in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom