• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
@Kysus This is a pointless debate. Wenger's last year here was atrocious and depressing. It was his last season and some of his second last was where we really started to decline and play confused slow football. I date it back to when we brought in Xhaka. I am not blaming him but he just wasnt suited to Wenger like Cazorla who was playing a similar role for us beforehand.
Yet his last season still is better than anything Emery or Arteta has ever produced. Says a lot.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Keep seeing the call for more creative players or Özil. It has nothing to do with a lack of players. We have enough players that can create. We have enough finishers. The intent is lacking. The intent to move and then play the pass.

The players either don't move and there is no pass on, or they do move and the pass doesn't come. It's very obvious the players who have intent to play. Intent to break a line, fizz a ball in with pace, intent to move into space and intent to go forward.

Xhaka, Ceballos and Bellerin need to start playing with some intent.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Keep seeing the call for more creative players or Özil. It has nothing to do with a lack of players. We have enough players that can create. We have enough finishers. The intent is lacking. The intent to move and then play the pass.

The players either don't move and there is no pass on, or they do move and the pass doesn't come. It's very obvious the players who have intent to play. Intent to break a line, fizz a ball in with pace, intent to move into space and intent to go forward.

Xhaka, Ceballos and Bellerin need to start playing with some intent.
Xhaka doesn't have the nimbleness or technical quality to do that. He'd be happy to switch play and play it wide to fullback/wingback all game long, but don't expect vertical passes into feet or pass and move. Have you seen his body mechanics when he passes? Head down, massive backlift, long follow-through. It's a process in itself, everything takes half a second longer. Compare that with someone like Partey, always head up, punches the ball with little backlift.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka doesn't have the nimbleness or technical quality to do that. He'd be happy to switch play and play it wide to fullback/wingback all game long, but don't expect vertical passes into feet or pass and move. Have you seen his body mechanics when he passes? Head down, massive backlift, long follow-through. It's a process in itself, everything takes half a second longer. Compare that with someone like Partey, always head up, punches the ball with little backlift.

This does my nut

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

The raw data suggests that we have. Now don't get me wrong, I actually agree with you but you should recognize that literally all of your arguments on this board come from the same overreliance on raw data that this post you're disagreeing with does.
Yes, I'm a big fan of data, primary or secondary, you're correct. But surely the most primary of all primary data is your position in the league.

The bottom line is that I was always happier while we were top 4 and in the CL. Now we're finishing 8th and currently 10th, I couldn't give a rats arse if we only lost 1-0 to Liverpool instead of 4-1 or only lost 3-1 to City instead of 6-1.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Football have changed with Wenger in final seasons yes we were amazing at home but we'll still very predictable teams find it easy to stop us.
That's unfair. Wenger tried to change in last two seasons because fans were as mad as a sack of ferrets at the occasional big loss to richer sides, even though he kept us top 4.

He tried to become a more cautious reactive manager, particularly in away matches, and it undid all his free flowing stuff. Eventually it was his undoing.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't buy that. He doesn't have the technical quality to turn and create space for himself, but when a team isn't pressing he doesn't even need to do any of that.

It's a fact that when Özil played, it was Xhaka who found him in the half space. He is more than capable when under no pressure, the problem is he has no intention of doing in it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't buy that. He doesn't have the technical quality to turn and create space for himself, but when a team isn't pressing he doesn't even need to do any of that.

It's a fact that when Özil played, it was Xhaka who found him in the half space. He is more than capable when under no pressure, the problem is he has no intention of doing in it.

Not even the intention, there is physically no one infront of the ball that knows how to position themselves to receive it on the half turn, especially in midfield positions.

There is no need for all three of Ceballos, Partey and Xhaka. Play 2 with Willian ahead of them. Our best spell of football all season in the second half against Shef U came with this lineup.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

That's very rare. Even if he does try it, because of the technique he uses to pass the ball, no disguise on his body shape, oftentimes it becomes very easy for the opposition to read the play and his pass becomes telegraphed. By the time he's kicked the ball, the passing lane has already been blocked. I like the way AMN passes, gives people the eyes, has different ways in which he can shape his body, straight, leaning, difficult to guess.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah I don't see what Mustafi did wrong there either. His positioning is fine initially and there's no way he had a chance of catching up to Vardy when Gabriel leaves him.
I've watched Vardy's two guilt edged chances on record 3 times.

In the first, Gabriel is one who's aware but he can't mark Vardy and Under. Under gets away from Xhaka and comes down Gabriel's side and approaches the goal, Gabriel sprints to intercept him. If you watch Mustafi, he's way out of position and marking absolutely nobody and so can't help. Vardy has a completely free run.

In the second chance Mustafi is marking Vardy and is just ball watching. Vardy turns him so easily, it's not even funny.

I've watched Mustafi make these same mistakes over and over again. Throw in his wayward passing and rash tackles and man is not fit to be in the Premier League, let alone wear and Arsenal shirt.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He’s not an expert. It literally is his first try at it.

Secondly your anti Wenger sentiments are so obvious it prevents you from being objective in any discussion.

Arteta has been poor in preparing and organizing our attack. That is a fact. He has been good with regards to defensive structure and getting players to work collectively. At least I can call it for what it is. You should try it too it’s called being objective.

He needs to find a good balance. He is way to cautious.

You're now talking like Arteta has just come into football :lol::lol::lol:

The decision most of the fan base were lauding Arteta for is now being scrutinised. You can't win with this BS fan base, honestly. Exterminate people like you. :red:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tielemans is such a good player though.
Definitely, but you guys would only complain and rip him to shreds.

For the odd Hollywood pass, he makes a lot of sideways/backwards passes as his main job is to retain possession/keep the ball moving.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lmao yeah right. Why do you expect people to be happy with these performances? It's like players aren't allowed to be criticised with you.
Lol nah I just think you fans are special. If Tielamans was in our team, you’d only complain or call him fat or something.

He’s good but he’s not the type of player our fanbase would appreciate.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It's a shame as our second string would have been more than enough to go through the first round. Dropping Özil and Saliba from Europa squad is pure idiotic decision. Players like Nelson, ESR should get good game time in EL group stages.

Now David luiz is out and we have to play Mustafi, which is like playing with -2 points before kick off. Also why did we buy a non HG goalkeeper when we wont be starting him in even low profile EL or Carabao games? It's some atrocious man management going on and they will pay for it.
I don't understand your point about the non HG goalkeeper.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lol nah I just think you fans are special. If Tielamans was in our team, you’d only complain or call him fat or something.

He’s good but he’s not the type of player our fanbase would appreciate.

Not really, he'd come in and be our best midfielder sure people would appreciate that.

Hard to appreciate bums like Xhaka and Lacazette, not everyone cuts these players as much slack as you do.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I personally love Tielemans. But he's very similar to Ceballos, doesn't do anything different to what Ceballos does in a position higher up.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
One positive we can take from this is Arteta is going with the 433, a very positive move forward and what Partey was signed for.

Leno
Bellerin - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Ceballos
Partey - Saka
Pepe - Auba - Willian
Partey and Xhaka more at the base with Saka floating between the lines. This needs to be the set team going forward. Can't keep chopping and changing just keep it simple. Willian from the left and Pepe from the right, the most balanced team. Our best attacker/striker up front in the position he should be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom