• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@yousif_arsenal we pushed Ceballos/Xhaka deeper to allow Tierney and Bellerin the space to bomb forward. 1) because Arteta just saw City get battered despite having the best creative players in the league at their disposal. 2) because there's a severe lack of space through the middle of the pitch and we don't have any players in the team to find the delicate passes.

Placing Xhaka as the LCB offered stability from counter attacks whilst allowing Tierney to act as a left winger. It almost worked...

We desperately need two creative players.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's very rare. Even if he does try it, because of the technique he uses to pass the ball, no disguise on his body shape, oftentimes it becomes very easy for the opposition to read the play and his pass becomes telegraphed. By the time he's kicked the ball, the passing lane has already been blocked. I like the way AMN passes, gives people the eyes, has different ways in which he can shape his body, straight, leaning, difficult to guess.

I'd also argue that if you are going to play a flat 3 to protect the counter then AMN instead of Ceballos would have made more sense.

We wont see any increase in creativity unless he goes to 4231.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
@yousif_arsenal we pushed Ceballos/Xhaka deeper to allow Tierney and Bellerin the space to bomb forward. 1) because Arteta just saw City get battered despite having the best creative players in the league at their disposal. 2) because there's a severe lack of space through the middle of the pitch and we don't have any players in the team to find the delicate passes.

Placing Xhaka as the LCB offered stability from counter attacks whilst allowing Tierney to act as a left winger. It almost worked...

We desperately need two creative players.
343 heavily depends on wingbacks but we really can't keep depending on them need to allow Ceballos xhaka Partey contribute offensively

Make

Player:Ødegaard
I hate when the team just play sideways and backwards. Nobody tried to pass the ball ahead and that was a huge problem during the game. On the other hand, Auba is a striker, he can play on the left side, but playing on the right flank he's useless, he doesn't understand the play on the righ position, so please Arteta makes the right decision and Auba must play on the left or better as a central forward because it's his real position on the pitch.

Saka could play on the right position as well like we played the last time agains leicester at home and we won 2-0 playing with Laca as a striker, Auba on the left and Saka as a RW.

Finesse

There is a lot of good things Arteta has done with this team taking into consideration it’s his first rodeo plus our abysmal state when he came in.

Yesterday first 45 minutes was our most assured performance I have analysed even though it lacked a goal. Yes we were not clinical enough to score and make the domination count. The reason was simple. We had only one creative player in the final third. Saka and Saka. Luis and Xhaka kept looking for him. After his injury and Luis coming off we went flat. No one to create anything in the final third.

The errors leading up to the goal were inevitable. I would be naive to say I didn’t see it coming. When you lose offensive invention you invite the opposition and Liecester grew into the game. So mistakes will be made and they were exploited. I am not annoyed with Mustafi. What did we expect from him? Exactly what we got.

Auba , Laca in attack are limited in the creative side. They have to work harder than before to defend and never in their natural positions when in possession. Hence they **** up buildup play etc. We know that and we are not going to reinvent the wheel. They need a tonic. During the game I kept whispering Madison ! Madison ! Drop him infront of the pair of Xhaka and Partey and he would bring Auba and Laca to life.

This team is lacking a player who can put smiles on the faces of the attackers. They are not Mbappé or Neymar mould striker who can make it happen themselves.

I tried to make sure Pepe is left out of this.

Ashybashy86

I hate when the team just play sideways and backwards. Nobody tried to pass the ball ahead and that was a huge problem during the game.
They play with the fear of being counter-attacked. Only Gabriel and Thomas had the guts to try the risky passes. And only Saka could receive it and beat the press.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The thing he was second best at in the league per minute last season, chance creation.

I googled that and he was apparently 7th in total chances created.

Was he taking Chelsea's set pieces?

Conversely, he's been in the league for 7 years and only has 35 assists, an average of 5 a season. That's as a winger/AM for one of the top teams in the country.

Last season is last season but by and large, Willian has never struck me as a creative player.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The problem yesterday Arteta was afraid to change things like he did against Sheffield he changes things up bring on pepe got Willian play as lw auba cf saka just behind all 3. Yesterday the changes were like for like but i guess was forced because Luiz injured and Saka too.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Conversely, he's been in the league for 7 years and only has 35 assists, an average of 5 a season. That's as a winger/AM for one of the top teams in the country.

Last season is last season but by and large, Willian has never struck me as a creative player.
Willian is not elite playmaker but anything will help at the moment specially against teams who sit back all games we need player to contribute better in final 3rd

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

I said chance creation per minute, he was only behind KDB in that sense.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I said chance creation per minute, he was only behind KDB in that sense.

This isn't an attack on you mate. But I'm tired of these arbitrary stats that the numbers guys come up with.

What do they consider a chance? Has it ever been defined? Is it a chance when Özil crosses a ball into the box and Giroud "should" have got a head to it? Or how about when Fabregas plays a nice through ball to Van Persie but the defender intercepted it. Is that a chance created even though RVP never touched the ball?

The same thing with this expected goals stat that everyone keeps raving about. How is it calculated?

For me the only stats that matter are: Goals, assists, shots on/off target, tackles, interceptions and saves.

Its neither here nor there for me tbh, but stats like that are odd when some of the players in question don't have the assist stats to back it up.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This isn't an attack on you mate. But I'm tired of these arbitrary stats that the numbers guys come up with.

What do they consider a chance? Has it ever been defined? Is it a chance when Özil crosses a ball into the box and Giroud "should" have got a head to it? Or how about when Fabregas plays a nice through ball to Van Persie but the defender intercepted it. Is that a chance created even though RVP never touched the ball?

The same thing with this expected goals stat that everyone keeps raving about. How is it calculated?

For me the only stats that matter are: Goals, assists, shots on/off target, tackles, interceptions and saves.

Its neither here nor there for me tbh, but stats like that are odd when some of the players in question don't have the assist stats to back it up.

I agree with you in one sense, I'd rather look at the big chances created stat for example. That one seems more apt as it shows a chance created that is worthy of a goal or a chance that has been scored.

But in another sense Willian is a creative player and we do need a few more of those, so signing him for free was a no brainer.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Supposed we hadn't conceided that goal, would you guys consider it a good performance?

I wouldn't.

The minimum requirement at Arsenal for it to be a good performance is a win. Then we can debate the small stuff

MikeVinna

Established Member
Saka is now the one player who makes himself available between the lines. And I’m really glad thats true because before we had no one but Özil so at least we’ve filled that void a bit. However it is worrying that he’s the only player like that who can create in attack.. We should play him in midfield along with Partey and one of Xhaka/Ceballos.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom