• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Would you even consider this Lacazette as “physical”? Just seems like a dog with a worse bark than bite.
There's something off about his physical form during the last couple of months, but I usually see him take on quite a few nasty fouls, so those might take a toll on him.
I remember the last game against Leicester near the end of the season when he was being fouled by Evans on the regular.

The fact that we're still not able to press for longer periods of time without dipping dramatically in the second half makes me question the training these players receive.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Gnabry just come off a big knee injury and was a fraction of the player he is today. He got plenty of game time considering as well.

Playing week in week out in a midtable Bundesliga team was a big part of his development which we was never able to match. Then there’s Bayern.

We were never going to sign Mbappe and Podolski and Walcott were fine servants of the club. This is just a bad post all round tbh.

And in addition to the below, we should have never signed Özil, laca and auba. I was against the signing of these three players. How come it takes people so long to start realising their weaknesses and limitations?

1) I have already identified Gnabry talent at that time. He was already more intelligent and skillful than others. Everytime he was on the pitch, he impressed me. When I saw podolski/walcott/chamberlain/campbell kept playing ahead of him. I was so angry. Back then I didn’t get why some people don’t rate him.

2) Was never going to sign mbappe?? Wenger visited him when he was relatively unknown. Wenger was too nice, should have be more aggressive in the talk. If Wenger identifies his talent, he should have throw him some money, not being a gentleman: “if you want to stay around home, I will not force you to come....”

3) walcott/podolski are fine servants? Do you know how shxt they are on the ball?

@Macho

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You can see Vardy attacks the ball like it’s an Asian man while Lacazette treats it like it’s his mother in law.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Took people way too long to realise this guys a bum. He's been playing like this his whole Arsenal career but got POTY cos people liked his dancing and trims. Now look, no more dancing and his hairs gone and everyone's turned on him.

The guy has been **** since the day he walked through the door. 17/18 he was crap, which goes completely under the radar.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I didn't catch a good part of Emery's first season due to life, when he played both of them up front, but if it worked then with great results, it can work now.
Problem is the tactics and the personnel behind them that isn't cutting the mustard.

Emery hardly played Laca and Auba together until the latter stages of his first season, particularly in the Europa League. In the early stages, during the 22 game unbeaten run in particular he largely rotated them, favouring Auba and played Iwobi left, Özil central and Mkhi right behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. Towards the end of his reign he basically ostracised Laca. Freddie brought him back in.

The notion that he can’t play central because he isn’t physical enough or whatever is nonsense. Arteta’s just using the role differently.

1171529_1171529_aubameyang-position-1024x576.jpg

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Emery hardly played Laca and Auba together until the latter stages of his first season, particularly in the Europa League. In the early stages, during the 22 game unbeaten run in particular he largely rotated them, favouring Auba and played Iwobi left, Özil central and Mkhi right behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. Towards the end of his reign he basically ostracised Laca. Freddie brought him back in.

The notion that he can’t play central because he isn’t physical enough or whatever is nonsense. Arteta’s just using the role differently.

He was poor under Wenger as a lone 9 as well, I think it played a big part in Wengers decision to bring in Auba.

He just doesn't have the physicality to play lone 9 in the PL, the amount of evidence that supports this is too big now.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Under Emery, when teams park the bus, we needed someone to score that ugly goal by doing whatever is needed to break the defense. Be it pulling or pushing a defender. Laca did exactly that in 2018/19. That's the reason why most of his goals were clutch goals. Once you get that goal, these teams will be forced to open up and someone like Auba can exploit that easily. Laca was not necessary when playing teams that were not playing ultra defensive set-up.

Post 2018/19, Laca has regressed a lot bothy physically and mentally. He is not able to do that anymore. And now he is being given a role that requires even more stamina which he clearly doesn't have. I am happy with the way Auba is being used on the left. But we need someone else to replace Laca in the middle. This would have been a great time to test Martinelli there.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Under Emery, when teams park the bus, we needed someone to score that ugly goal by doing whatever is needed to break the defense. Be it pulling or pushing a defender. Laca did exactly that in 2018/19. That's the reason why most of his goals were clutch goals. Once you get that goal, these teams will be forced to open up and someone like Auba can exploit that easily. Laca was not necessary when playing teams that were not playing ultra defensive set-up.

Post 2018/19, Laca has regressed a lot bothy physically and mentally. He is not able to do that anymore. And now he is being given a role that requires even more stamina which he clearly doesn't have. I am happy with the way Auba is being used on the left. But we need someone else to replace Laca in the middle. This would have been a great time to test Martinelli there.

This doesn’t feel like a difficult conundrum to solve. Saka offers more creativity than Auba on the left. He can cross, pass and take players on. He is also better defensively without the ball, as he’s comfortable covering the left back.

Auba offers better movement and finishing than Laca or Eddie (and it’s not close) down the centre. He’s average defensively without the ball and rubbish at crossing, passing and dribbling but elite at working space for a shot.

Why oh why are we making this complicated?

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Forget about his inability to score. His link up play was no better than a pub player.

People give giroud stick, but at least he had a consistent first touch.

There was one moment he ruined an amazing counter attack opportunity by over hitting and misplacing a simple back pass.

Really feel for Arteta having to play with this dross.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
This doesn’t feel like a difficult conundrum to solve. Saka offers more creativity than Auba on the left. He can cross, pass and take players on. He is also better defensively without the ball, as he’s comfortable covering the left back.

Auba offers better movement and finishing than Laca or Eddie (and it’s not close) down the centre. He’s average defensively without the ball and rubbish at crossing, passing and dribbling but elite at working space for a shot.

Why oh why are we making this complicated?
You’re right.
Saka offers more creativity than auba on the left.

And he will over more creativity than auba in the centre. We should play one Saka on the left and one Saka in the centre. As there can be no two Saka. We will replace one of them with a similar player.

Kysus

Having Laca alone on an island in the centre is just totally pointless.
What the hell is he supposed to do? snail past players?

Get players close to him or drop him completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom