• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Anyone remember when Drake and Pusha T had their beef and Pusha exposed Drake for having a kid? Drake wanted to ‘protect’ his son from the world? I just thought it’s kinda funny when I think about the Saliba situation. Anyways, the club, ironically not playing Saliba in any first team games has done little to protect him and only shone the spotlight brighter than ever. The moment he signed to Arsenal there was no protecting him. He will be judged and scrutinised just for being at this club. That’s the truth of the situation.
Saliba plays for the u23s, the club just released a media piece with him and Wrighty, and he is always present in training videos. So it’s clear it’s probably an issue not related to his mental state. I just feel we’re (Arteta) is being overly cautious.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lmao he’s blatantly not up to it, but for some reason people want to see it as they want a new victim.

Mustafi with zero football this season off the back of a blown hammy got the nod, whilst this yute has been here since pre season. It’s not hard to put 2 & 2.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Lmao he’s blatantly not up to it, but for some reason people want to see it as they want a new victim.

Mustafi with zero football this season off the back of a blown hammy got the nod, whilst this yute has been here since pre season. It’s not hard to put 2 & 2.
Where I just am super confused is why this explanation isn't good enough for people. He's a kid playing a position where most guys don't hit their peak for another 6-8 years. If he's not ready, so what? He wasn't even that expensive considering his potential. Every time someone complains that he's not ready to step in and be Prime Maldini, I would love to remind them that the summer we bought Xhaka and Mustafi, that same 70m probably could have gotten us Kante and VVD.

Impact

Established Member
To protect him. Why throw the kid in when he’s not ready? You know what our fanbase is like. He’s guaranteed to make big mistakes, costing points and killing his confidence. There’s no easy opportunity either. Every game is difficult.

There are no fans in the stadium, home or away, and Arteta is currently playing a brand of football that is incredibly defender-friendly. I understand the Premier League is difficult but it is unlikely get any easier to integrate him this year.

I say this in circumstances where Luiz and Holding are both out, Sokratis unregistered and Mari and Chambers still unfit. Giving Saliba game time must be higher priority than an outbound error-prone Mustafi.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The whole situation is just crazy. He’s surely good enough for the EL against lesser teams but wasn’t registered.

If he’s not up to it why not loan him to the championship or France. Values only going to plummet in the u23s.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There must be a mentality thing and he not ready to play but if Saliba ready to play and everything with him is good then why the hell we afraid of using him or not even register him in europa squad.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Yeah I'm not buying into the whole protect him from fans or his mental health isn't up for it. For him not to even be in the Europa squad it must just be the manager not thinking he's ready.

Weird to me since he played first team at St Etienne, feel like this is worse for his confidence than playing him would be. But we haven't seen enough to know yet.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I'm not buying into the whole protect him from fans or his mental health isn't up for it. For him not to even be in the Europa squad it must just be the manager not thinking he's ready.

Weird to me since he played first team at St Etienne, feel like this is worse for his confidence than playing him would be. But we haven't seen enough to know yet.

Yeah this is the closest to the truth I reckon, Arteta generally seems to value experience a lot.

He's been voicing his frustrations to his former teammates too going by some of their interviews.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah this is the closest to the truth I reckon, Arteta generally seems to value experience a lot.

He's been voicing his frustrations to his former teammates too going by some of their interviews.

Interested to see what the Dundalk line up is because really we’ve got a lot of young players on the books who aren’t getting developmental minutes.

ESR, Nelson, Willock, Nketiah, Balogun and Saliba need to be playing every week. They might not make it here but keeping them to just play U-23 games is such a waste.

Loans let you pump up their market value and put them in the shop window. If Nketiah had a year of banging in goals in the Championship he’d be worth way more than he is now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

I saw this and it seemed like the kind of thing you'd say:

Top Bottom