• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Formation 20/21 Season

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka provides stability, you may not like him but he is actually good at what he does

I disagree and think he's been one of the causes of our decline and has meant we need to play 5 at the back and caused our football stylistically to decline alone with its effectiveness. It's been hashed over to death in the Xhaka thread though

Jason Jace

I disagree and think he's been one of the causes of our decline and has meant we need to play 5 at the back and caused our football stylistically to decline alone with its effectiveness. It's been hashed over to death in the Xhaka thread though
We play five at the back because we have **** centre backs and a lack of quality partner for Xhaka

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Can't believe we managed to make 4 ATB as unsexy as 3 ATB.

We need 3 mobile CM/AM that form loads of triangles with the attackers and fullbacks. This is football 101.

We should be using balls in behind to our fast and lethal finishers in Pepe and Auba. This is football 101

We should not be using our CMs as weird CB/FB hybrids

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can't believe we managed to make 4 ATB as unsexy as 3 ATB.

We need 3 mobile CM/AM that form loads of triangles with the attackers and fullbacks. This is football 101.

We should be using balls in behind to our fast and lethal finishers in Pepe and Auba. This is football 101

We should not be using our CMs as weird CB/FB hybrids
Even with 3 midfielders today xhaka spent most the game as LCB he never went over the half way line meaning he was forced to stay behind and protect. Arteta seem love to try wierd things but we really don't need wasting time on this stuff just play simple formation and balanced team

tcahill

I believe we have the players to challenge for top 4, but our system is currently flawed. There are two quick fixes we need to do ASAP.

Auba needs a go centrally. We actually have a decent set of wingers with Pepe, Willian, Nelson, Saka. Put one either side of him and we might be able to create something. Auba is a finisher, and having him on the wing deprives us of a wide creative force.

Second- Reform our midfield system. A short term fix would be to play Partey at the base of a three, with a roaming Ceballos on the right and a more offensive minded midfielder on the left. Who plays on the left is a harder questions to answer, but Granit is unsuited. Our options aren't great, Elneny, Saka, Smith Rowe, Willock, Willian. Saka looks like the frontrunner at the moment, however Smith Rowe is a possibility and Willock's strength is meant to be carrying the ball from deep (I don't really rate him but this could be his big chance).

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I believe we have the players to challenge for top 4, but our system is currently flawed. There are two quick fixes we need to do ASAP.

Auba needs a go centrally. We actually have a decent set of wingers with Pepe, Willian, Nelson, Saka. Put one either side of him and we might be able to create something. Auba is a finisher, and having him on the wing deprives us of a wide creative force.

Second- Reform our midfield system. A short term fix would be to play Partey at the base of a three, with a roaming Ceballos on the right and a more offensive minded midfielder on the left. Who plays on the left is a harder questions to answer, but Granit is unsuited. Our options aren't great, Elneny, Saka, Smith Rowe, Willock, Willian. Saka looks like the frontrunner at the moment, however Smith Rowe is a possibility and Willock's strength is meant to be carrying the ball from deep (I don't really rate him but this could be his big chance).
Spot on. The two main points I have on the matter.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Arteta seems to have tried to play Xhaka and Ceballos as half-backs (son know if that's the right term) like Pep used his fullbacks at one point.

Meant Ceballos was irrelevant and Xhaka was in an uncomfortable position and done for pace for their goal.

We should have mobile CMs playing in the centre providing passing options

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We're gonna just have to bite the bullet and play Auba as the CF, I've no idea what were trying to achieve in the position he ended up in yesterday but he was never gonna be effective in it.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I've no real issue with the 343 we play. It's game management that becomes the issue. If we are dominating and haven't scored after 25 minutes we need to shift emphasis to either be much more attacking or more defensive. We cannot be both at the same time.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We're gonna just have to bite the bullet and play Auba as the CF, I've no idea what were trying to achieve in the position he ended up in yesterday but he was never gonna be effective in it.
That's not gonna help with anything, we still can't create chances and it doesn't matter where he plays.
Instead of coaching your players all the time how to defend, trackback and pass the ball backwards, Arteta should try to figure out how to put less work on our forwards and give them more freedom in the attack, he should find a way how to progress the ball faster in midfield.
We didn't see a single fluid attacking performance since Arteta joined, even against Rapid, and Auba already changed 3 positions, so yeah, it's not about where Auba plays

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's not gonna help with anything, we still can't create chances and it doesn't matter where he plays.
Instead of coaching your players all the time how to defend, trackback and pass the ball backwards, Arteta should try to figure out how to put less work on our forwards and give them more freedom in the attack, he should find a way how to progress the ball faster in midfield.
We didn't see a single fluid attacking performance since Arteta joined, even against Rapid, and Auba already changed 3 positions, so yeah, it's not about where Auba plays

We can't create chances because we haven't really got any chance creators in our squad, its simple...

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We can't create chances because we haven't really got any chance creators in our squad, its simple...
It's cool if you wanna believe in that, I don't. This is a very talented squad that is being poorly managed by the wrong managers. This squad deserves an attack-minded manager, or someone willing to change himself to support it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's cool if you wanna believe in that, I don't. This is a very talented squad that is being poorly managed by the wrong managers. This squad deserves an attack-minded manager, or someone willing to change himself to support it.

Get who you like as a manager, they aren't going to turn Ceballos or Xhaka into De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva. What you're saying is shortsighted and illogical.

United are a key example of a team that instantly changed after signing a goalscoring/assisting playmaker. They had a squad similar to ours, wishy washy players but no real playmaker or goalscorers from midfield. Bruno comes in and instantly they are scoring more goals and creating more chances.

Funny that? How many midfielders and wide players do we have after Auba who will score 7+ league goals a season? I'll wait.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Get who you like as a manager, they aren't going to turn Ceballos or Xhaka into De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva. What you're saying is shortsighted and illogical.

United are a key example of a team that instantly changed after signing a goalscoring/assisting playmaker. They had a squad similar to ours, wishy washy players but no real playmaker or goalscorers from midfield. Bruno comes in and instantly they are scoring more goals and creating more chances.

Funny that? How many midfielders and wide players do we have after Auba who will score 7+ league goals a season? I'll wait.
Not sure what are you talking about honestly, I'm not saying we will turn into a goalscoring/chance creating machine, but some changes could see us creating more chances than Burnley. I hope that's not too much to ask for with the players we have.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not sure what are you talking about honestly, I'm not saying we will turn into a goalscoring/chance creating machine, but some changes could see us creating more chances than Burnley. I hope that's not too much to ask for with the players we have.

And the change to a 433 saw that change in the first half against Leicester. The reason why everyone is now going mental is because nothing came off and we got hit on the counter to lose the game. Just relax and see how the next 3 games go before passing such judgements.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'd like to see this with Willock or Ceballos. Saka and Willian could swap.

Saka Auba Pepe

Willian

Willock/Ceballos Partey

Tierney Gabriel Luiz Bellerin

Leno

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
We just need to tweak the formation to a 4-2-3-1 and settle the players in their best position really.

Why not go with Partey-Ceballos with Willian ahead? Settle with either Auba on the left or central, Pepe on the right and decide on either Saka or Laca then roll with it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom