• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why

Always Me ?
Its a really weird season...

I think there a couple of things that are factoring into why we are ****e currently...

Mainly is that we are completely transparent in our tactics, pass out from the back and then hit it to the left side and try to find Auba. If that doesn't work long ball over the top from defence to try and find auba.

That's it, we have no other plan B.

If there is a risk we lose the ball in that buildup, we pass it back and start again. But it means if Auba is man marked there is nothing we can do except pass it around the back.

We are so incredibly linear it makes us easy to beat.

I am starting to wonder if the meta has changed again, bit like when Tika Taka was en-vogue and teams were decimating with it, then coaches like Mourinho learned to park the bus to beat it.

You then had Klopps Gegenpress, and quick Counters, and Peps building from the back. They are now being found out and teams know how to counter it.

We are trying high press, and building from the back and we are not really good at either, nor do we have the players to pull it off. So we are just getting slapped.

Leicester showed yesterday they can just let us have the ball, pass it around pointlessly and we wont create anything as they can force Auba out of the game. We should be then running at them and trying to beat the man. But we don't. Then all it takes is for one of our players to be out of position and its all over.

I just don't get how we have gone from having the most lethal attack and no ****ing defence. So now having zero attack, and a defence that is marginally better.

Last 10mins last night was painful, as Mustafi was just kicking crap long balls and gifting it back to the team. Which Nketiah was drawing fouls by trying to run around a bunch and win the ball back, similar to when he got his Red. Love the enthusiasm, but that aint helping.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Again most pundits who not even like us they don't know why laca goal was disallowed. That could changed the game forced Leicester to go more offensive.

That's true however the problem is that we don't create enough scoring opportunities to consistently put pressure on our higher quality opponents. The offside goal that wasn't plus Laca's miss aren't enough in a home game against a higher calibre opposition.

Kav

Established Member
You're now talking like Arteta has just come into football :lol::lol::lol:

The decision most of the fan base were lauding Arteta for is now being scrutinised. You can't win with this BS fan base, honestly. Exterminate people like you. :red:
Is it not his first job as head coach/ manager?

who do you know becomes an expert on their first go? It takes years to become an expert at anything. So while he may have the training from his coaching badges. He certainly is no expert.

You should look in the mirror and give yourself that card. Lol.

Kav

Established Member
@yousif_arsenal we pushed Ceballos/Xhaka deeper to allow Tierney and Bellerin the space to bomb forward. 1) because Arteta just saw City get battered despite having the best creative players in the league at their disposal. 2) because there's a severe lack of space through the middle of the pitch and we don't have any players in the team to find the delicate passes.

Placing Xhaka as the LCB offered stability from counter attacks whilst allowing Tierney to act as a left winger. It almost worked...

We desperately need two creative players.
Yet it was Xhaka who got undone because of His lack of mobility. Worked great didn’t it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What exactly is Willian supposed to help with?
Willian will help us create from the Midfield.

I don't get why Arteta is insisting on using him in the wing. He's not the Willian of 3-4 years ago.

He was one of the best creators in the league last season.

Gegen Pressing

Arteta is going to get plenty wrong, he's a new manager. The question is can he learn or is he stubborn?

Also I am afraid Arteta taking his inspiration only from Spanish football and coaches. I.e I don't think he is much interested in English football actually.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Why we forcing both Ceballos and Xhaka that wide? Why Partey playing like a CB? Arteta really have to give more freedom for our players to go forward and create from the middle look how isolated laca is lol

Man imagine Emery if he had Gabriel and Partey? He was playing out the back with Sokratis and was forced to play bums like Torreira.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Feel like there's a lot of undue negativity, We lost due to a harsh disallowed goal and poor finishing. Saka had a volley from a few yards and fluffed his lines, Laca missed a header from a few yards.

Even with the disallowed goal we should have won 2-1 imo.

Regardless, Leicester are a good side and losing to them isn't a disaster. We'll win 9/10 times based on yesterday's performance.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Feel like there's a lot of undue negativity, We lost due to a harsh disallowed goal and poor finishing. Saka had a volley from a few yards and fluffed his lines, Laca missed a header from a few yards.

Regardless, Leicester are a good side and losing to them isn't a disaster. We'll win 9/10 times based on yesterday's performance.
Vardy wasnt playing 90 minutes and in his cameo he had two clear cut chances, one of which leno's nose saved fortunately

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
What does that have to do with what I said.
" We lost due to a harsh disallowed goal and poor finishing."

nopes..we lost by not being able to press home our advantage for 60 minutes, setting up a naive over-tinkered system and then getting shat on by Vardy who ripped us open twice. We were lucky he wasnt playing the whole game.

We have played like **** in over 90 % of Arteta's games here. Everyone thought we'd improve our creativity and fluidity with Partey but instead we were busy passing back, sideways and playing useless long balls that never came off once Luis got injured. If we can't beat an injury battered Leicester, we have **** tactics.
Tbh, I'm beginning to get Emery vibes here and for me that's disastrous. United are going to batter us. Aren't they?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

they get some stick but this is brilliant from the AST

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Leicester are a good team, but our lack of creativity and inability to create chances is becoming a huge concern. We haven't had a single match this season where our attack looked fluid and/or threatening except our opener against Fulham, but they are a championship level side. There are no signs we'll improve either in that respect which is worrying.

Yesterday was reminiscent of our defeats at home against Fergie's United during the Emirates era. We were allowed to control possession, failed to convert our chances (ultimately running out of ideas), and we're destroyed on the counter. Leicester didn't have the quality of that United side so were unable to capitalize until Vardy came on.

I like the attitude and character Arteta has brought to the team, and I feel he does exude a certain charisma that the top managers have, however, as much as our defense has improved, our lack of attacking output can't go unnoticed. Hopefully we address the missing creativity in the upcoming transfer windows, and see if Arteta can create a more exciting brand of football, but it is worrying times until then.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
" We lost due to a harsh disallowed goal and poor finishing."

nopes..we lost by not being able to press home our advantage for 60 minutes, setting up a naive over-tinkered system and then getting shat on by Vardy who ripped us open twice. We were lucky he wasnt playing the whole game.

So you're agreeing with me but wanting to carry on disagreeing with me.

Please define "naive" and then tell me how this applies to Arteta's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom