• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He doesn’t draw fouls when the counter is on. He draws fouls in defensive phases.

No. That's wrong. He repeatedly kills counters when he actually starts running with the ball and then realises he can't so he just backs his arse into the player chasing him.

Manberg

Predator
No. That's wrong. He repeatedly kills counters when he actually starts running with the ball and then realises he can't so he just backs his arse into the player chasing him.

Not true. He draws fouls when he’s being closed down and a counter attack’s not on. Allows the team to get into position.

Manberg

Predator
If you guys cannot see the tactical significance and advantage of drawing fouls or recycling possession in defence then you need to brush up on your tactical knowledge and understanding of the game.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Whatever else, he was at fault for the Vardy goal. Just watches Under get away. Gabriel tries to clear up his mess by leaving Vardy because at that point Under is the bigger threat. But Mustafi is way out of position and can't help Gabriel out by taking on Vardy.

Gabriel is good defender, but he can't do everything. That goal was firmly on Xhaka's slowness to react and Mustafi and its happened over and over with those two. Mustafi almost let in a second goal a few minutes later . . terrible player.

Jae

Whatever else, he was at fault for the Vardy goal. Just watches Under get away. Gabriel tries to clear up his mess by leaving Vardy because at that point Under is the bigger threat. But Mustafi is way out of position and can't help Gabriel out by taking on Vardy.

Gabriel is good defender, but he can't do everything. That goal was firmly on Xhaka's slowness to react and Mustafi and its happened over and over with those two. Mustafi almost let in a second goal a few minutes later . . terrible player.

Definitely a pair of skid marks on the AFC underpants.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

tenor.gif

tcahill

I've thought there was a place in this team for Xhaka since he arrived. The last season of the most boring football I've ever watched has finally broken me.

He needs to be sold, while his value is still 20 mill plus.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I am trying to prove that this goal cannot be blamed on Partey. "Sorry I am slow" is not an excuse. Xhaka should have given a good chase. Any player in that role would have stayed close to him. Arteta should also take some blame for trying to fit him in that role.
He didn't blame Partey. He was, – and I paraphrase – saying: 'if you want someone to blame then blame Partey.

I backed that up by saying that in a perfect world you would blame Partey for no closing down Tielemans, after all he almost did block the pass.

I know everyone hates Granit but blaming him for getting outpaced is new territory. If we're blaming anyone, like you said, it's Arteta for combining a slow player with a highline.

Or Partey for not closing down Tielemans

Or Gabriel for not leaving Under to Leno and cutting off Vardy.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's not just about pace though it's horrible positioning. Look at how far up Xhaka is. Under is already behind him before the ball is played. Xhaka even gives him a head start before he started running ffs. :facepalm:

That's stupid even for a fast defender, but for someone as slow as Xhaka to do that is criminal.

We squeeze up on the side of the pitch that the ball is on. When the ball is on our right the RCM, and RB apply pressure which also pulls the RCB in and they squeezes, when the ball is on our left the same thing happens.

You can see that perfectly at 10 seconds. Leicester play the ball to our left side so Partey and Xhaka both start to squeeze up as they should tactically. Under makes a dart in behind and Xhaka immediately reacts to it, you're acting like he let him go, I don't know what headstart you've dreamt up here, go to ten seconds and watch that. He reacts immediately but is done for pace.

He's also not behind him before the ball is played. How are you just lying unprovoked?:lol:

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Can't believe this knob is still at the club and we still having the same back and forth conversations around if he's good enough.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
This thread reminds of the time when we had Iwobi & every matchday there would be nigerians moaning on twitter about how we should be playing him as no 10 ahead of Özil & how we were holding him back lol

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don’t recall seeing that at all. Iwobi was one of those few players where the fanbase were unanimously indifferent towards him or glad to see the back of him. Especially for that fee.

As for Xhaka, meh. I been tired of him but he’s going nowhere for now I don’t see the use in complaining about him.

He wasn’t our worst midfielder last night anyways, but I more blame our set up than individuals this time round. Ceballos hugging right wing to help cover Auba and Xhaka slotting in and out of CB position was bound to cause confusion. Especially once Luiz left.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I won't even bring myself to call him by his name. He gotta impress me but for now I'll only refer to him by 34.
Ever since 34 and 20 came to Arsenal we haven't seen Champions League football.
What's 34-20? 14. Which is exactly how many years since that CL final in Paris back in 2006. The football gods have been trying to warn us of the evil that 34 and 20 would bring us.
2020. The year of Coronavirus and social distancing.
1934. The year that a certain Austrian became Fuhrer. Also the same year the Great Depression started. Which is also the same depression I feel when Arteta picks him every week.
Get woke people.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
frikking mnager plays auba on right and xhaka on left and then with vardy on , goes for a high line... vardy could have got a hat trick.. we were totally disjointed and Leno cant command his area or react fast enough. from the 30th minute everyone could see how leceister were comfortable and would bring vardy on at the end at 0-0 and nick a win.

foolish game management and lineup/formation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom