• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakySami

I think the game plan in the first half was to let our rb /lb (mostly LB) to push with the attacker and have an numerical advantage on the attacking wing and this created 2v1 opportunities. This allowed us to get those great crosses our LB and RB did.

This worked well in the first half because we were playing against 4 defenders.

In the second half, Leicester changed their shape slightly with a 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 type. They sat back and our attack was nullified. They allowed us to go on the wing while having the numbers in the back to defend against any of our attacks. The game plan was well countered by Leicester.

This caused us many problems because we no longer had the numerical advantage in the flanks nor the front. What we should have done IMO is to play more the middle of the field which would create more space for our LB/RBs to go in, create freekick situations and /or passes.

A team that does not feel like they are in danger will NOT move out of position. We needed to do that in the second half and it was none existant. They sat and countered very easily.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Untitled.jpg

iPad merchant making the players re-watch the match

Kav

Established Member
Untitled.jpg

iPad merchant making the players re-watch the match
He probably thinks the players didn’t follow instructions and made mistakes. Fair enough, I just hope it is not a case where He thinks nothing is wrong with his system and it’s only the players fault. We won’t be going very far if that is his mindset.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He probably thinks the players didn’t follow instructions and made mistakes. Fair enough, I just hope it is not a case where He thinks nothing is wrong with his system and it’s only the players fault. We won’t be going very far if that is his mindset.

The problem with this kind of micromanagement is once players tire mentally, or find themselves chasing a deficit, they always do what comes naturally to them. They’re human.

He has to find a way to harness their instincts more.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We suffered after Luiz went off. Our only tatic seemed to be Luiz playing a long diagonal ball to a in space Tierney who would carry the ball down the left and he either put a cross or interchanged link up play with Saka (which was our only success in attacking movements). After Luiz went off we struggled for ideas.

Kav

Established Member
The problem with this kind of micromanagement is once players tire mentally, or find themselves chasing a deficit, they always do what comes naturally to them. They’re human.

He has to find a way to harness their instincts more.

You hit the nail on the head here. My observations of Mikel is that he tries to Micro manage and control every aspect of the play that the players are involved in. I don't think that is the best approach. These are professional players not U12 kids who you need to train.

I think he is actually taking away their confidence and making them afraid to do anything outside of his instructions, they are not playing naturally. Arteta thinks Its his way or the highway and he learned that from pep. He needs to learn to allow players to express themselves occasionally.

Kav

Established Member
We suffered after Luiz went off. Our only tatic seemed to be Luiz playing a long diagonal ball to a in space Tierney who would carry the ball down the left and he either put a cross or interchanged link up play with Saka (which was our only success in attacking movements). After Luiz went off we struggled for ideas.
That wasn't much of a tactic, it worked in the first half but leicester figured out how to play against us in the second. It is the same thing they did against Man City. I mentioned this elsewhere. Rodgers is actually very astute tactically.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Newcastle vs Man Utd; 40k
-Leicester vs Aston Villa; 20k
-Liverpool vs Sheff Utd; 110k
-Arsenal vs Leicester; 140k

Household numbers:
-Newcastle vs Man Utd; 30k
-Liverpool vs Sheff Utd; 60k
-Arsenal vs Leicester; 70k

What I feared with our fans. Was always gonna be the fans that spent most cause we have more middle/upper class fan base than any team. Our fans always pay. Our games will be chosen for more ppv more than any team

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Household numbers:

What I feared with our fans. Was always gonna be the fans that spent most cause we have more middle/upper class fan base than any team. Our fans always pay. Our games will be chosen for more ppv more than any team
Those PPV numbers?? from where if you don't mind me asking

If true, those are very low.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Household numbers:

Nerds and snobs like that **** FK, making The Arsenal a soft touch...damn shame.

Manberg

Predator

He does it every game, win or lose. He also asks them to write up a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom