• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Shkod Help us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

^ I feel like our formation had a big part to play in that though.

I am not talking up Mustafi at all just staying consistent with a few of us thought he had some good performances when Arteta first came in. Doesn’t change cause many think he is at fault for Leicester’s goal.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
^ I feel like our formation had a big part to play in that though.

I am not talking up Mustafi at all just staying consistent with a few of us thought he had some good performances when Arteta first came in. Doesn’t change cause many think he is at fault for Leicester’s goal.
He did play well when Arteta first came, but so did everyone except Laca. Even when he was playing well, he was still making some terrible mistakes that wasn't punished like they were under Wenger and Emery.

But he ended up costing us the Chelsea game. That's the thing with Mustafi. You just know the next fück up is around the corner.

The contract extension rumour is worrying though.
I don't know why Arteta isn't playing Saliba. Surely he can't be worse than Mustafi? Fofana who is an inferior player to Saliba already looks like Leicester's best defender meanwhile Saliba still can't get a game.

Very worrying.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

State of it offering him a new contract. It would almost mean an increase in wages for him. We'd never be able to shift him if that was the case. Seems like the club have learnt nothing.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

He was in parts tbh, that doesn't necessarily change, he was unlucky to not play FA Cup final as I thought he deserved it. The system protects players such as him.
Honestly man, I had respect for you as a poster, but you've just smeared yourself in dog sh!t. :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Honestly man, I had respect for you as a poster, but you've just smeared yourself in dog sh!t. :lol:
Sh*t players can have good games too. I've never once said Mustafi is good, I have other posts clearly highlighting that I think he is a massive part of the problem.

He is one of the reasons I was Wenger out. Awful signing overall, leaving for a free too (hence the weak extension attempt).

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Sh*t players can have good games too. I've never once said Mustafi is good, I have other posts clearly highlighting that I think he is a massive part of the problem.

He is one of the reasons I was Wenger out. Awful signing.
If you wanted a manager out for poor signings at the club there wouldn't be many left. Wenger clearly realised the mistake with Mustafi and tried to sell him

Now offering the guy a new contract when you've seen him play for a couple of years. Jesus!!

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I'm Arteta in. But questions have to be asked about his decision to want to keep Shkod around. Very bizarre. I hope Arteta doesn't rate him and this is just purely a financial decision. These are the kind of mistakes that Wenger made that led to his downfall.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

lol if Mustafi walks out on a free, he has defeated us.

We signed for 30 mil and apart from his initial games and Arteta's early games thanks to his system - he's been dogsh*t.

I have no proof or insight behind the extension attempt but I am 100% certain it is a finance led decision in a pathetic attempt to claw back some cash. I expect a big push to sell him in January, injuries permitting.

If you think about it, after Mustafi all we have left in an injury prone 19 year old Saliba - we are fairly stretched.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

lol if Mustafi walks out on a free, he has defeated us.

We signed for 30 mil and apart from his initial games and Arteta's early games thanks to his system - he's been dogsh*t.

I have no proof or insight behind the extension attempt but I am 100% certain it is a finance led decision in a pathetic attempt to claw back some cash. I expect a big push to sell him in January, injuries permitting.

If you think about it, after Mustafi all we have left in an injury prone 19 year old Saliba - we are fairly stretched.
:lol: Mustafi is going nowhere in January. Even if we threaten to not play him till his contract expires. He'll just hunker down and ride out his last half a season and get a nice sign on fee with Juve or Inter.

Besides, Arteta clearly fancies him and will play him in a lot of games. We just have to hope the likes of Holding, Mari and Luiz stay fit to keep him out of the side.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He did play well when Arteta first came, but so did everyone except Laca. Even when he was playing well, he was still making some terrible mistakes that wasn't punished like they were under Wenger and Emery.

But he ended up costing us the Chelsea game. That's the thing with Mustafi. You just know the next fück up is around the corner.

The contract extension rumour is worrying though.
I don't know why Arteta isn't playing Saliba. Surely he can't be worse than Mustafi? Fofana who is an inferior player to Saliba already looks like Leicester's best defender meanwhile Saliba still can't get a game.

Very worrying.
Who says Fofana is inferior? He’s starting PL games and Saliba isn’t.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Who says Fofana is inferior? He’s starting PL games and Saliba isn’t.
Saliba was the more highly rated of the two. Saliba was rated but he didn't come with the same pedigree as Saliba

GDeep™

League is very weak
Saliba was the more highly rated of the two. Saliba was rated but he didn't come with the same pedigree as Saliba
Yeah, but that doesn’t mean anything. It’s like you saying Willian created the most chances last season but it was all from crosses, and he had 6 assists in all competitions. You have to look deeper.

Today Fofana is playing and Saliba isn’t, Fofana is maybe more advanced.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean anything. It’s like you saying Willian created the most chances last season but it was all from crosses, and he had 6 assists in all competitions. You have to look deeper.

Today Fofana is playing and Saliba isn’t, Fofana is maybe more advanced.
Saliba looked more physically ready for the PL than fofana. It's a case of having a coach that trusts him. That's the difference.

Arteta doesn't trusts Saliba but trusts clowns like Mustafi but Rodgers trusts fofana and he has even displaced the captain Morgan from the side.

Reactions: Kav

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
What is point of continuing to play Mustafi? Frankly, trust Saliba Arteta and you will have long term reward.

I can't believe nobody up the ladder is talking to Arteta and persuading him to give Saliba a chance.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don’t think anybody at the club tells Arteta anything about football tbh.

Our record signing is rightly/wrongly on the bench and our kids who have traditionally got minutes at Arsenal haven’t gotten a look in.

I fully believe he does what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom