• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

lol where I think the club went wrong was not including Özil at all. They should have went the Lacazette route with him and kept playing him until there was no where to hide.

If Laca got benched for the rest of the season I am sure there would be no complaints from any of the fanbase. I am so regretful the club didn't go this direction with Özil.
Probably too risky for them. He was playing well under Arteta and if he kept playing like that benching him would look even more suspect.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Probably too risky for them. He was playing well under Arteta and if he kept playing like that benching him would look even more suspect.
The objective of the club is to win football matches. I feel like the pre lockdown form was over blown - but If he was playing well and they did that, I would honestly stop watching tbh.

Looking at how Arteta is going on in general though, I have doubts that is the case.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
in before the bumsquad tells us this is -

a) PR
b) Extremist cultism
c) Destabilising Arteta
d) Insult to "The Club"

I am a bummer, and i know and highlight the fact that Mesut seem to have a kind soul.

But he also have an Elite PR Squad, no doubt about it.

Just end it all for me Clyve, sick of this

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

in before the bumsquad tells us this is -

a) PR
b) Extremist cultism
c) Destabilising Arteta
d) Insult to "The Club"
Özil's charitable/philanthropy has always been a big part of his activities outside of football.

You'd have to be very spiteful/cynical/clueless to suggest he does it for camera's.
The Gunnersaurus ting was a shot at the club, this kinda stuff though he has been doing behind the scenes for years.

scytheavatar

Established Member
lol where I think the club went wrong was not including Özil at all. They should have went the Lacazette route with him and kept playing him until there was no where to hide.

If Laca got benched for the rest of the season I am sure there would be no complaints from any of the fanbase. I am so regretful the club didn't go this direction with Özil.

If we want to finish top 4 this season we don't have the luxury to sacrifice results for the sake of Özil............ by now everyone should know what Özil can do and what he can't do. His fanboys will always be happy with him turning out for 1 game than being invisible for the next 4, they are not Arsenal fans and don't care that his presence is hurting the overall competitiveness of the team. Only an idiot would think bending over for unreasonable people are worth it in some way. Arteta has given dozens of explanations for why Özil isn't in the squad and yet his fanboys still demand answers.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Thread should be moved to the history section until he’s officially not an Arsenal player or he gets registered in the squad again imo
Well at least you’ve reached the acceptance stage already. The mental fortitude is strong here.
:clap:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Thread should be moved to the history section until he’s officially not an Arsenal player or he gets registered in the squad again imo
Well there’s no point in opening and closing it once a week is it. Might as well move it to a place where there’s less traffic for those who want to discuss Ö.
Seems like le bumsquad would love that though so maybe we should keep it in here :shivering:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Well there’s no point in opening and closing it once a week is it. Might as well move it to a place where there’s less traffic for those who want to discuss Ö.
Seems like le bumsquad would love that though so maybe we should keep it in here :shivering:
shhh let the old fart yell at the cloud.. dont take away his last home

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we want to finish top 4 this season we don't have the luxury to sacrifice results for the sake of Özil............ by now everyone should know what Özil can do and what he can't do. His fanboys will always be happy with him turning out for 1 game than being invisible for the next 4, they are not Arsenal fans and don't care that his presence is hurting the overall competitiveness of the team. Only an idiot would think bending over for unreasonable people are worth it in some way. Arteta has given dozens of explanations for why Özil isn't in the squad and yet his fanboys still demand answers.
People are genuinely worried that we might be missing out on a lot of creativity by dropping him while he was playing well just before his axing.

Pull your head out of your arse and look around you. We just lost to Leicester after dominating for a majority of the game. We barely won against some amateur Lithuanian team.

We've barely scored a goal in 3 games, and yet you think calling people names will prove your point?

MikeVinna

Established Member
I don’t believe for one second that Mesut was banished for footballing reasons. But if it turns out that he was then that’s even worse from Arteta. I don’t see how some of you lot could be pleased with a decision like that when you see how we’re playing.

0-1 down vs Leicester and no one to create or force something. Hell, even if all he does is play our fullbacks in to make some crosses then that’s more than anyone in our squad can create (only exception being Saka).

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The footballing reason is not training but that he is ****e and ineffective. Has been that way for years. What so difficult to accept or understand beats me.
still better than our other options, so until we have someone better, we use him.

I'll even accept if we try Pepe or Reiss in the #10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom