• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I honestly can’t believe people still think he was left out because other players were deemed better. :lol:

Like yeah Arteta might not have him in the 11, I doubt he’s stupid enough to not want him as just an option to have in the squad.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah but there will be something else though? That’s Arsenal for you.

Weren’t you posting this sort of stuff about Wenger and Ramsey too?
You think lots of players are **** and voice it too, so if this board is still hanging effigies of players when Mesut is playing for Doggers of Hampstead Heath FC, you’ll be part of it.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
All roads lead to Rome. Grazie di tutto Arsenal!
koscielny.gif

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
still better than our other options, so until we have someone better, we use him.

I'll even accept if we try Pepe or Reiss in the #10.
He's really not. He hasn't been effective for years which is pretty evident and well documented. Just randomly assuming he'd be good out of nowhere all of a sudden wouldn't really translate into him being good again and it would be a backwards step form Arteta and the club.

I don't think we even need him. We just need Arteta to sort out our starting eleven in attack putting Willian in the middle, Auba upfront with Pepe and Saka flanking them and stick to a simpler gameplan from there. That's likely to be considerably more effective in sorting out the team than anything to do with Özil.

Özil's career at the highest level has been done for ages. If it weren't for the contract he'd be in Turkey, China or USA long ago.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s an Arsenal player who most think should be in the squad.

This is one of the most prominent discussions in the fan base atm. We’re crying out for him in the team.

We're crying out for a style of football where he'd be useful. Don't think he would produce that style by being in the team.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I honestly can’t believe people still think he was left out because other players were deemed better. :lol:

Like yeah Arteta might not have him in the 11, I doubt he’s stupid enough to not want him as just an option to have in the squad.
Not every thing is about talent.

How do you expect Arteta to make the non-negotiables stick if you always got one d*ckhead in the corner tryna negotiate?

Look at all the dodgy footballing decisions Arteta made and you guys really don’t believe Arteta gave Özil the boot? Course he did.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s just another in a long line of Arsenal players who miraculously become Lionel Messi when they’re not playing. It’s a disease on this board. Has been for years. Well in June or even as early as January, this particular case expires.

scytheavatar

Established Member
People are genuinely worried that we might be missing out on a lot of creativity by dropping him while he was playing well just before his axing.

Pull your head out of your arse and look around you. We just lost to Leicester after dominating for a majority of the game. We barely won against some amateur Lithuanian team.

We've barely scored a goal in 3 games, and yet you think calling people names will prove your point?

Yawn, do I need to pull out the results we were having last season while Özil is playing? Games when we looked utterly clueless in attack? Özil solves zero creativity problems, he is a pale shadow of what he was in the past.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Yawn, do I need to pull out the results we were having last season while Özil is playing? Games when we looked utterly clueless in attack? Özil solves zero creativity problems, he is a pale shadow of what he was in the past.
yeah the bum squad thought doozi was a better player .. moronic football understanding on display in their blind hate.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't see anyone better than him or doing anything earth shattering while we continued to drop him. Guess I'll stake my bets with someone who at least has a proven track record.

He's really not. He hasn't been effective for years which is pretty evident and well documented. Just randomly assuming he'd be good out of nowhere all of a sudden wouldn't really translate into him being good again and it would be a backwards step form Arteta and the club.

I don't think we even need him. We just need Arteta to sort out our starting eleven in attack putting Willian in the middle, Auba upfront with Pepe and Saka flanking them and stick to a simpler gameplan from there. That's likely to be considerably more effective in sorting out the team than anything to do with Özil.

Özil's career at the highest level has been done for ages. If it weren't for the contract he'd be in Turkey, China or USA long ago.
if you think that way. Let's see.

Time will tell if you are right about Willian in the middle, and Özil being done.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This thread is a guilty pleasure. It whirls round and round faster and faster, looping the same topics, feeding on itself, creating its own energy. You can actually see some posters unravelling on it before your eyes.

It’s a scientific phenomenon tbh.

Sure, in the future we will violently disagree about managers, players and formations but I can assure you nothing will ever come close to these banter levels again.

Conspiracy theories, human rights issues, mental health, racism, politics, philanthropy....even a sprinkling of football thrown in occasionally. This isn’t just an internal spat between Arsenal fans, the whole world is following this issue.

Enjoy the golden banter while you can people!

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
This thread is a guilty pleasure. It whirls round and round faster and faster, looping the same topics, feeding on itself, creating its own energy. You can actually see some posters unravelling on it before your eyes.

It’s a scientific phenomenon tbh.

Sure, in the future we will violently disagree about managers, players and formations but I can assure you nothing will ever come close to these banter levels again.

Conspiracy theories, human rights issues, mental health, racism, politics, philanthropy....even a sprinkling of football thrown in occasionally. This isn’t just an internal spat between Arsenal fans, the whole world is following this issue.

Enjoy the golden banter while you can people!

yes. Özil is a phenomenon. He overcame all offs and never bent down. Not to the media, not to the racists, not to the brexity incel fans, not to the German FA and not to frikkin trump supporting Stan Kroenke.

For 2yrs plus they tried to humiliate him, bury him, slander him, ostracize him and sideline him. And yet he stands there unbowed, one of the most talented, most highly paid and most followed and admired footballers of the last decade.

Raul gone, Emery gone and now its time for Stan to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom