• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Dundalk | Thursday 29th October | 20:00 GMT| BT Sport 2

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaOut

Even though Arteta is complete ****e tactically I wouldn't expect us to fall to Dundalk. But who knows, he might impress me even further lmao. Mikel "the new Arrigo Sacchi" Arteta's potential knows no bounds!

amigo

He needs to play the kids period. Not more than one or two fringey regulars and a couple on the bench, maybe Mustafi to continue getting sharpness. The Saliba non registration decision is now being shown up as a big mistake. Most probably they thought they would loan him out at that point.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Looking at our squad this season, you have to question whether they have enough consistency to finish in the Top Four, even in a crazy season that it looks like it will be.

How many players do we have that you could 100% rely on to give you a good game more often than not, a few...while the likes of Leno, Luiz, Bellerin, Xhaka, Ceballos, Pepe, Laca, Auba etc (pretty much all starters in our team) go up and down too much in their performances...when the dust settles this year, would you back them in the league...unsure.

This comp has been my number 1 priority before the season started anyway...

1. It's a trophy to be won, you should never say no to any trophy...Arteta has already won 2 in less than a full year, he has that hunger for more.

2. You get back in the Champions League with this anyway, rendering the league season a little moot...Champions League with cup > Champions League with no cup obvs!

3. As a knockout competition (in the main rounds) it lessens the need for consistency from your players (good for us!) you can get away with just one good performance to see your team through...plus we are 1 of the stronger teams in this competition anyway.

...so lets hopefully put the Leicester game behind us, get a nice win tomorrow and put a marker down in this cup...we are here to win it!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What I would like:

---------------------Dont care

Cedric------Mustafi---------Gabriel------Kola

--------------AMN---------Willock

Pepe----------------Nelson-------------ESR

----------------------Nketiah

What we will probably see:

----------------------Leno

-------Mustafi------Gabriel------Kola

Cedric-----Elneny------Xhaka---------AMN

-----Willock--------Nketiah---------Pepe

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Runnarson
AMN-Mustafi-Gabriel-Kolasinac
ElNeny-Ceballos
Nelson-Willock-ESR
Lacazette

In an ideal world Gabriel gets a rest. I want to see:

Partey-Xhaka
Pepe-Willian-Saka
Auba

against united so Ceballos plays this game. I dont want Lacazette anywhere near the first team either, hopefully he gets relegated to an EL player.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Leno will start, as will Lacazette who Arteta might bank on getting a goal to build his mental.

Would love to see Pepe and Nelson starting here, but I don't think they will.

Have a feeling Mikel will go for qualification so he can rest players later and he needs a couple of results.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

frankly, i'd take a surprising loss or draw here if it meant doing United on the weekend. Unlikely, however..

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

For this game it’s more about who I don’t want to play than the other way around.

Bellerin, Gabriel, Tierney, Saka and Auba must be rested. Gabriel is the hardest one as you don’t play Kola as CB in a four. But I’d actually go with Elneny in this scenario. A bit of a risk but Gabriel needs a break.

Leno
Mustafi - Mo - Kola
Cedric - Willock - Xhaka - AMN
Pepe - Nketiah - Nelson

Bring ESR and Partey on for Pepe and Xhaka at 60’

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seem Mustafi Gabriel will have to play this and Manutd game because Luiz Holding are still out. i hope we consider play Tierney as CB with Mustafi for this game and put Kola as LB.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Seem Mustafi Gabriel will have to play this and Manutd game because Luiz Holding are still out. i hope we consider play Tierney as CB with Mustafi for this game and put Kola as LB.

Tierney has been very injury prone. Think I’d rather see Gabriel then. Can’t believe we can’t play Saliba in this.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This game will be so telling. If even in this we are mega defensive and boring. Hell even a bit defensive then there will be no hope of us playing anything remotely fun this season. If we can't blow this lot away there's no point being in this competition.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Tir Na Nog what position do you play for Dundalk anyway?

Want to know if you will be getting pocketed by Mustafi, dominated by Elneny...or my number 1 wish, outpaced by Laca!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why not Cedric Mustafi Kolasinac AMN.

I know its not the most solid defence but we need to rest KT and Gabriel, our two best defenders. We should be on the front foot against these guys anyway. I don’t mind senior players like Pepe Xhaka Laca playing but the rest of the midfield and attack should be academy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom