• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Can Arteta instruct our players to stop crossing the ball. Since when did you see Henry making a long cross for Barcelona? Most of the time, before entering the final third, he was just staying wide to help stretching the play. He will just make short pass back to the central area.

Last edited:

ArtetaOut

Thank God we didn't score those chances. It would have meant more of this **** football with ground to stand on.

Edit: Let it be known I didn't mean it in the Arteta Out way. :lol:

You disappoint me. You need to stop being politically correct and be sensible in understanding that the sooner this scrub leaves the club the shorter our suffering will be.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This is his first sticky period as manager, 3 early defeats and now going away to Utd with the football being dead if we’re to be honest.
:lol: You’re throwing stones from a very safe place. ‘I’m still 100% behind him’, yet it’s just a stream of negativity about him. It’s ok to say you think he’s another Emery. I don’t know why you want it both ways.

gamechannel

Getting frustrated by him but find it hard to be harsh when he has the worst striker in the division and a lost looking Pepe in attack. Is way too cautious for my liking but you can see the reasoning; we don't have the attack to blow teams away and have to grind out wins.

Worst striker in the league? Lol! So Auba is all of a sudden the worst striker? What about the allegedly awesome Willian that we just committed high wages to for 3 years?

Here's a crazy idea for you Arteta apologists: Play players in the right positions, play with a bit more freedom and the attack will sort itself out.

Auba in the center, Saka on the left, Pepe on the right, Willian behind the front 3.

The excuses for Arteta have to stop.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm fully backing Arteta btw, just found the quote funny.

I don't agree with how the opinion seems to have shifted against Arteta in the last few weeks. There's obvious room for improvement but this team is arguably two Lacazette sitters away from being joint top of the league. Perspective is needed, Arteta is doing better than Klopp did at this point in his Liverpool career.

Didn't you say the same thing about Emery at some point? I could swear you did.
Anyhoo... that Argument does not hold. Klopp had an identifiable style of play from the moment he joined Pool, he just didn't have the tools. he Add to that that his results improved with every new signing. i still have no idea what Arteta's style is, nor do i see signings improving us.

That's not to say I'm against Arteta. I'm giving him till the end of the season before I make up my mind.

GDeep™

League is very weak
:lol: You’re throwing stones from a very safe place. ‘I’m still 100% behind him’, yet it’s just a stream of negativity about him. It’s ok to say you think he’s another Emery. I don’t know why you want it both ways.
What stones? The football is dead and he’s handled some players wrong.

Like I said before, supporting a manager isn’t having your head up their backside.

Nice to see you finally supporting him btw.

Manberg

Predator
Anyhoo... that Argument does not hold. Klopp had an identifiable style of play from the moment he joined Pool, he just didn't have the tools. he Add to that that his results improved with every new signing. i still have no idea what Arteta's style is, nor do i see signings improving us.

That's not to say I'm against Arteta. I'm giving him till the end of the season before I make up my mind.

Arteta has shown a consistent style of play. It involves wingbacks being the creative outlet and midfielders dropping to cover the spaces. There is a more disciplined emphasis on defence.

It’s just not been effective in recent games.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If you weren't sceptical over a manager in his first job then you probably had you head in the clouds tbh. I knew it would be like this and he wouldn't do better then Emery or Arsène.

Judging by how we play the best route to the CL seems to be the Europa because I don't see us getting back in the top 4.

ArtetaOut

Worst striker in the league? Lol! So Auba is all of a sudden the worst striker? What about the allegedly awesome Willian that we just committed high wages to for 3 years?

Here's a crazy idea for you Arteta apologists: Play players in the right positions, play with a bit more freedom and the attack will sort itself out.

Auba in the center, Saka on the left, Pepe on the right, Willian behind the front 3.

The excuses for Arteta have to stop.

Auba worst striker in the league lmao! Not ****ing his fault that Arteta forces the team to play keep-ball on our own half for 90mins every match and refuse to play him at his natural position is it? It's ****ing ridiculous how some of the Arteta fanboys on this forum here can be. They would even bury a player who had been consistently our best player and saved our arses numerous times to make him a scapegoat for Arteta's failings. Those aren't fans; they are shameless corporate Arteta and Kroenke shills.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I knew it would be like this and he wouldn't do better then Emery or Arsène.
He’s already done better than Emery... He won a cup! Nobody can take that away from him. You can’t talk about him in the past tense either. Yeah he most probably won’t win three titles and another 7FA cups or whatever like Wenger—not exactly the end of the world!

BigPoppaPump

He’s already done better than Emery... He won a cup! Nobody can take that away from him. You can’t talk about him in the past tense either. Yeah he most probably won’t win three titles and another 7FA cups or whatever like Wenger—not exactly the end of the world!

The FA Cup is a great achievement and I'm not taking it away from him, but it is only 5 games of the season, don't remember it ever warming you to Arsène.

I usually judge teams by their league performance so we have to see where we end up but I've never had faith in most of these players so I don't blame him more the personnel. But I do think he's in over his head tbh.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The FA Cup is a great achievement and I'm not taking it away from him, but it is only 5 games of the season, don't remember it ever warming you to Arsène.

I usually judge teams by their league performance so we have to see where we end up but I've never had faith in most of these players so I don't blame him more the personnel. But I do think he's in over his head tbh.
I’ve said it numerous times on here that FA cup triumphs, as great as they are for the fans and and exposure for the club, are not indicative of improvement. You know when you’ve improved and it’s fair to say we have in some ways but not in every way. It’s still very early days though and there was a lot of work to be done. Of course we go over the top by calling him the Messiah when we win the FA Cup but there was always work to be done and there is never any guarantees as with any manager. We’ll just wait and see. I do believe there is a lot more positives to come though fwiw. I don’t believe he wants us playing boring football and I’m sure it will improve on that front.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

I never said that about Emery. The fact is that Arteta has made the team more solid defensively without having to spend £200m like Klopp did on Allison/VVD/Fabinho. He's even won a trophy in that time, whereas Klopp lost both cup finals in his first season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I never said that about Emery. The fact is that Arteta has made the team more solid defensively without having to spend £200m like Klopp did on Allison/VVD/Fabinho. He's even won a trophy in that time, whereas Klopp lost both cup finals in his first season.

He did this by making the team defend deeper and with more numbers to be fair. Klopp's teams always pressed high up the pitch, which sometimes left them exposed at the back, leaving players such as Lovren/Klavan/Karius exposed. Alisson/VVD/Fabinho allowed them to play the "gegenpress" but remain protected against counters.

When I see people, mainly in the media, say we now press higher as a team under Arteta i wonder if they actually watch the games. When the other team has ball, we drop off with everyone behind the ball. Now we have Gabriel/Partey, I'd like to see us be a bit more adventurous with with way we play both with and without the ball.

Reactions: A_G

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta was always the long term appointment. Once you make such an appointment then there has to be leeway for him to make mistakes and learn on the job pretty much. That said I'm not saying we should persist if there's no improvement as the season progresses but at the same time it isn't exactly top 4 or the sack for Arteta this season.

BigPoppaPump

I’ve said it numerous times on here that FA cup triumphs, as great as they are for the fans and and exposure for the club, are not indicative of improvement. You know when you’ve improved and it’s fair to say we have in some ways but not in every way. It’s still very early days though and there was a lot of work to be done. Of course we go over the top by calling him the Messiah when we win the FA Cup but there was always work to be done and there is never any guarantees as with any manager. We’ll just wait and see. I do believe there is a lot more positives to come though fwiw. I don’t believe he wants us playing boring football and I’m sure it will improve on that front.

My point is more about the personnel available, I feel like there's a ceiling this team can reach and it won't go much higher than where Emery or Wenger took us. Look at how many of our players struggle to control the ball, or take ages to make a pass. Not enough quality in this team, need to get rid of some of the long running players like Bellerin, Xhaka, Lacazette, Mustafi and buy actually upgrades instead of players we aren't even sure are better than what we previously had i.e. Pepe, Ceballos.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He did this by making the team defend deeper and with more numbers to be fair. Klopp's teams always pressed high up the pitch, which sometimes left them exposed at the back, leaving players such as Lovren/Klavan/Karius exposed. Alisson/VVD/Fabinho allowed them to play the "gegenpress" but remain protected against counters.

When I see people, mainly in the media, say we now press higher as a team under Arteta i wonder if they actually watch the games. When the other team has ball, we drop off with everyone behind the ball. Now we have Gabriel/Partey, I'd like to see us be a bit more adventurous with with way we play both with and without the ball.
Don't disagree with that at all, it's up to Mikel to find a solution going forward like he defensively. He has close to £180m worth of attacking talent so let's hope he can find that balance.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom