• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arteta getting a lot of quite heavy stick. Quicker than Emery got even though Arteta won us a trophy.

We need to stay patient for now, even if we lose against United. Let’s see how he bounces back from it and if he changes his approach.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

What a load of lame excuses. He is speaking like he took the decision to exclude Saliba last year when it was just fews weeks ago. He clearly knew Mustafi, Mari and Chambers were all injured but he picked them all over Saliba who's fit and ready to play.

And now apparently he has to learn the langage and our "physicality", as if he never played pro football before. Gabriel played directly without speaking any english. He can speak portugese with Luiz but Saliba could also speak french with Luiz and even Arteta, juste like Pépé.

Some sorry *ss excuses and now he says he feel bad for him.

Don't really that's an excuse tbh, it makes perfect sense. He isn't playing because Arteta doesn't think he's at the level of fitness/physicality needed to play.

They have metrics to judge that so we will never know but it makes more sense than people saying it's to protect him from online trolls lmao.

Gegen Pressing

This is a key point. A test of his humility will be how well he can acknowledge and learn from his mistakes.

It’s not always an incremental building process, sometimes it’s a lateral shift, followed by a big result.

Talk of replacing him is ridiculous.

This last call to Arsène leaked:

Mikel "Hello Arsène, had this Eureka moment. "

Wenger "park the bus with handbrake, seatbelt and empty- tank sign on?"

Mikel "seriously, I relegate the tk-tk in defense to training only. We shift focus to opposition goal. "

Wenger "Wengerball? "

Mikel "yeah, but with less Pep ..."

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I said that Klopp (and Pochettino for that matter) performed at a similar level to Emery in their first dozen or so matches, but people made a million excuses for them but refused to give Emery similar allowances. Those were examples to show that even the very best managers don't have it all their own way initially.

I was right then.

Winning an FA Cup in those circumstances is very impressive, especially considering the mess he inherited. To win a trophy beating City and Chelsea along the way having only been in the job for months deserves credit.

Not quite as much credit as he got, imo.

At any rate, I'm not knocking him yet, nor am I praising him, not yet. I'll decide at the end of the season.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

"I feel really bad for William Saliba," Arteta said. "Because we had so many central defenders, we decided to leave him out of the squad which was really hurtful for me to do.

"I was hoping that Pablo would be back in two weeks but he had a setback and then we don't have Pablo and we don't have William when he's fit and available to play.

What a load of lame excuses. He is speaking like he took the decision to exclude Saliba last year when it was just fews weeks ago. He clearly knew Mustafi, Mari and Chambers were all injured but he picked them all over Saliba who's fit and ready to play.

And now apparently he has to learn the langage and our "physicality", as if he never played pro football before. Gabriel played directly without speaking any english. He can speak portugese with Luiz but Saliba could also speak french with Luiz and even Arteta, juste like Pépé.

Some sorry *ss excuses and now he says he feel bad for him.

He really ought to stop speaking to the press so much. One line answers from now on, Teta, there's a good man.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
People need to chill with arteta. Judge him after 2 years...this is a long term project, he IS one of the best young coaches in the world. He's beaten pep and klopp with a second rate team.

We have the most unbalanced sqaud in league. 8 CBs with only one that would get in to a top 4 team.

A midfield of 4-5 players where only one player would get in a top 4 team.

And there cfs where only one is quality.

We are ****...others have gotten stronger and stronger.

We need to be a realistic fan base, only way we're going to win any titles is with a top coach considering the limited resources and financial power we have.

Arteta is the best manager we could've hoped for in that context and he's already proven successful with a couple of trophies.

He's young and like martinelli as a player he as a coach is going to make mistakes, but the talent is no doubt there. The only thing that can mess arteta up is our stupid fan base constantly focusing on the negative rather than the huge positives he's achieved....this forum is slowly turning in to RAWK.

Even when klopp came to Liverpool he had a long managerial career and had ironed out his mistakes. Arteta is going to make more, but let's recognise we've got an amazing coach on our hands who's done more in six months and half the resources compared to ole and lampard.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta getting a lot of quite heavy stick. Quicker than Emery got even though Arteta won us a trophy.

We need to stay patient for now, even if we lose against United. Let’s see how he bounces back from it and if he changes his approach.
People feel like they got hoodwinked that’s why.

They thought they were getting Pep lite, a young attacking manager starting kids every week.

Instead we got struggle ball with bleep test ideologies and people are shocked and outraged. Every signing from here on out over 6ft tall minimum.

Özil, that sissy way of thinking and living of the past, all in the mud I love it. More power to him, I hope Arteta drags everyone kicking and screaming to glory.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Starting to see parallels to the Xhaka thread here.

People overreacting to valid criticism of the manager, how many people here actually want him sacked? 2?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Starting to see parallels to the Xhaka thread here.

People overreacting to valid criticism of the manager, how many people here actually want him sacked? 2?
No one is saying more than 2 people want him sacked, but I feel like he has less 'rope' or less 'credit' than I thought he would have had considering his success.

Right now it seems like an unimpressive win vs Dundalk and a loss against United on the weekend will result in more people asking for his head.

Blaziken

No one is saying more than 2 people want him sacked, but I feel like he has less 'rope' or less 'credit' than I thought he would have had considering his success.

Right now it seems like an unimpressive win vs Dundalk and a loss against United on the weekend will result in more people asking for his head.
he should be sacked if we lose to united, thats 4 defeats in less than 10 games

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

2 of those dont mean much to me because it was at the Etihad and Anfield. But see what I mean @Trilly ?
Fair enough but such is life.

You'll always have a minority who aren't as patient, the majority who sit in the middle and then another minority who are wayyy too patient. General consensus is that we are boring but only a minority want him sacked imo. (outside of AM anyway)

blaze_of_glory

People feel like they got hoodwinked that’s why.

They thought they were getting Pep lite, a young attacking manager starting kids every week.

Instead we got struggle ball with bleep test ideologies and people are shocked and outraged. Every signing from here on out over 6ft tall minimum.

Özil, that sissy way of thinking and living of the past, all in the mud I love it. More power to him, I hope Arteta drags everyone kicking and screaming to glory.
"Struggle ball with bleep test ideologies" :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I can't speak for other posters but personally I have a lot of faith in Arteta so much so that I'd still back him completely if he lost to United and Leeds (both not an unrealistic outcome).

But at the same time I feel like I have to be balanced, I called out Emery's mistakes harshly and I have to be honest (to myself I guess) if Arteta does make a slip up.

He gets till to the end of the season minimum, and he's still new to the job, I completely believe he will get it right, he clearly has both a lot of football and general intelligence and is a fantastic communicator, so again he will get it right.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I criticize him a lot but I don't want him out for now. I would like to see some changes in his game and his philosophy.
Even with a better team, I can't imagine myself enjoying his football or thinking that he will be competitive playing like that.
I think he will soon need to change things and give more to our attacking game, results will force him on that because so far, he was lucky with some dodgy wins.
The results are not important atm, but what is important is how the team plays and how he is gonna improve it next year.

It's not a problem when we draw 3:3 with Fulham and we play well, but it's a huge problem if you win against Rapid or West Ham, without creating any chances and playing badly, and we somehow steal a win.
If we play well, results will come, but so far our football has been dead

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's not a problem when we draw 3:3 with Fulham and we play well, but it's a huge problem if you win against Rapid or West Ham, without creating any chances and playing badly, and we somehow steal a win.
What?! Nah nah nah lol

I’m not trying to go back to that way of living that is regression.

Struggle ball for the W I could care less now we played if we win the majority of our matches. Ls are always the problem we had years of playing nice I’m done.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What?! Nah nah nah lol

I’m not trying to go back to that way of living that is regression.

Struggle ball for the W I could care less now we played if we win the majority of our matches. Ls are always the problem we had years of playing nice I’m done.
I think it's naive to think that way, it's now more important than ever to have a unique style of football. The old school days where you could play dead football, win somehow 1:0, and everyone would be happy with that are over. The new generations of fans see football as entertainment more than anything, football is global and our future revenue will be tied to that. That's from the commercial side which too many ignore at our club, probably the reason why our deals were so bad for the last 10-15 years. In a competitive market, like football is, where there are more "big clubs" than ever, you can't just be boring and expect that your fan base will increase, the fan base will decrease because the last successful era was over 15 years ago. That will result in weak commercial deals and us struggling to compete

Even if we ignore all of that, it's ridiculous to expect us to have any success with so few chances created. Our decent results under Arteta were more down to overachieving with so few chances, and complete reliance on Auba to score from no service. Yeah, as you can imagine, Auba can't do it forever and the struggle is obvious now.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We haven't got the players bright now to play sexy football.

Laca, auba, Pepe can just about pass the ball first time. That's basically our whole attack

Xhaka is a complete donkey in midfield.

Bellerin is a shockingly bad passer of the ball as a spainard.

Saka is literally the only all out attacking player that would get in to an old Wenger team based on his skill and technical level.

We're going to have to wait at least until the start of next season before we start to see some sexy football.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom