• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He's doing what he's supposed to do. The midfielders need to fix up and do their job better.
Strikers at Arsenal level are supposed to do these:

I’m not only talking about their dribbling skills, but how they drop deep to receive the ball, contributing in the build up, making passes to help with keeping possession, creating overload to progress our play up the pitch.

For example, this player is much more talented. He will become a much better player than nketiah. Nketiah can only be a top class poacher at best.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
People can say what they like about Eddie but there is no denying that he is razor sharp in the box.

amigo

Eddie thrives when the team system is more built around him as an out-and-out striker with the fast moving young midfielders in our Europa/Carrabao sides. He struggles when the system is built around Auba in our more static premier league side and he is supposed to play a different kind of role (with more hold up play etc).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He might be good at goal hanging but he's terrible at everything else. Yesterday he had about 5 or 6 quality chances throughout the game and scored the one where the keeper fluffed it.

He isn't amazing at finishing, dribbling, passing, holding the ball up or heading. His movement is good thats one thing I'll give him. But everything else is bang average and I've been saying it for months now. Balogun will be the better striker, has all the attributes to be a better striker.

Eddie has under two years left on his contract now, no sign of us offering him another. Think that in itself is pretty telling. I'd sell him next summer and give Balogun the spot.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Man is hungry for goals too, you can tell he went to bed annoyed he wasn't on the scoresheet. He'll be at the club for two at years at the minimum I reckon, there's no way we sell unless it's silly money.

Even then we'd need a ready replacement from somewhere and he's one of the best youngas around.

Kav

Established Member
I don’t rate him very highly or much but one thing I do appreciate is his desire to score. The man was angry when the second own goal went in and he was visibly pissed he didn’t get to tap it in. Lol.

Bare in mind he’s almost invisible outside the box and contributes little to our build up play but he certainly comes alive in it.

That being said he was unselfish and it allowed us to get the equalizer so fair play to him.

Newchange

I’m tired of Eddie, yes he’s young and knows where the goals is but his general link up play and threat is non existent. Strikers who can also create opportunities for themselves are a rare breed these days. Luckily we have a young Brazilian in Martinelli that I believe will be our future

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Eddie is one of those academy projects that will eventually get moved on, but I can’t see why you’d be mad at him whilst he’s here.

Doesn’t do much wrong for me - even if I don’t rate him especially. Tears about his lack of link up play are overblown, he’s a striker who plays like a striker big deal.

He’s got enough about him that I’m very weary of writing him off, you just never know with players with his skillset he has a random factor about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom