• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | Sunday 1st November |16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who was your Man of the Match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
I'm pretty certain Arteta will go with a Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos midfield again :frustrated:

Put Willock or Saka in there, atleast look like you want the midfield creating chances.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm pretty certain Arteta will go with a Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos midfield again :frustrated:

Put Willock or Saka in there, atleast look like you want the midfield creating chances.

It's not just who he has in the midfield that is the problem, its about who he has as his 5 channels of attack.

Say we play Auba at Cf, we then need to surround him with technically secure players.

Bellerin and Tierney are not technically secure in the final 3rd. They will always be driven back. They are technically secure in the middle third. So essentially, last game had both full backs in wide areas as part of the 5 channels of attack. Is that ideal?

Unless you are Alphonso Davies, do you really want your full back driving to the byline, beating a man and pulling it back. Bellerin and Tierney are not capable of that. They can make a move off the ball and get there if the pass is right, but with a low block the chances are slim.

So what we need is the 5 channels to be filled with the best ball retention/ goal scorers/dribblers and movers off the ball we have.

Primary scorers are Auba/Martinelli and Pepe.

Scorer and dribbler is Saka.

Runner and scorer is Willock

That leaves one spot, to a high ball retention player. That is either Nelson or Willian.

Tierney can effect the game from a deep crossing position like Kimmich. He doesn't have to be right on the byline. Bellerin needs to be tucked in. He doesn't have to get to the byline, but that alone brings his role into question.

4231 shifts into this

Saka--------Auba------Pepe---------Willian
-----------------------Willock
-----------Tierney----Partey---Bellerin
------------------Gabriel---Luiz

A more adventurous one which @MutableEarth may hate is to play Nelson as a rwb to get high and wide.

Saka------Auba------Pepe------Nelson
--------------------Willock
---------Tierney---Partey---AMN
-------------Gabriel-------Luiz

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We'll go ten men behind the ball, so we won't get hammered. 2 nil United. First time in years that I think they'll thump us with ease.

We won't exploit their shakey defence. Get Aubameyang far away from AWB and on their misfiring centre backs and Pepe vs Shaw will be giving him nightmares.

I'd like:

----------------------------Leno
-------------Mustafi-----------------Gabriel----------
--Bellerin-----------Ceballos------------Tierney
--------------Partey--------------Xhaka--------------
--------Pepe------Aubameyang-----Saka--------

I think by having Ceballos further back, we can manipulate the ball much better. If we were at home, I'd be all for swapping Xhaka for Willian or even Willock, but we're crap away from home.

Lacazette will start though probably at the expense of Pepe.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
£760m squad at home v £531 squad

Should really only be one winner, but this is a one off game, which is a very small sample size.

I love how you are covering all the bases here :rofl:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even tho our record away against big teams is so poverty i can't even look at it but manutd will play open and that suit us hopefully we'll be more adventurous than our game against man city.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This is why I will always cut Arteta a lot of slack atm, in regards to the style of football we play, look at the combination of skill and speed that team had...night and day from this current one really.

------------------------Leno
--Amn------Saliba-------Gabriel---Tierney--
-----------------------Ceballos------------------------
-------------Partey----------Özil---------------------
--------Pepe---------Auba------Willian/Saka

Luiz isn't included, he's won most of what there is to win in football. Saliba has been put in for athleticism. Özil, who is one of the elite players of his generation, has been banished. I've also swapped a right back who has interested Barca, PSG and Juve for a more athletic full back in AMN.

The 2006 team is better but let's stop pretending that we have a **** squad who couldn't go to Old Trafford and have them worried. We choose not to.

DO NOT trust this process of illusion that we lack options.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Do it Arteta

formation-30-10-2020-11-34-27.png

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This is why I will always cut Arteta a lot of slack atm, in regards to the style of football we play, look at the combination of skill and speed that team had...night and day from this current one really.
He’s trying to get the best out of some absolute cloggers Wenger signed towards the end as well. Someone like Bellerin would have needed sea-sickness tablets after attempting to play with that lot. Imagine Xhaka trying to get involved in the play ffs :rofl: When you’re not really a footballer, you’ll be made to realise it when you’re surrounded by them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we lose this game, depending on the way we lose and the tactics used I think even I will start questioning a few things. You cannot be going for the top 4 and lose to City, Liverpool, Leicester and United before we've even hit 10 games played.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What I think we will see
Leno
Mustafi Xhaka Gabriel
Bellerin Ceballos Partey Tierney
Pepe Lacazette Aubameyang

What we should see
Leno
Bellerin Saliba Gabriel Tierney
Pepe Ceballos Partey Willian
Aubameyang Lacazette

Gooner1988TK

Think we will get slaughtered, Ole has impressed me more than Arteta in 2020 if i am being honest

You think having the resources and stature Utd have but coming 4th and losing 3 semi-finals in a year is impressive? That compared to a man who has brought in stability, 2 excellent signings for the spine, won a trophy to get us into Europe And a community shield? You my friend are fickle and delusional!

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

If we lose this game, depending on the way we lose and the tactics used I think even I will start questioning a few things. You cannot be going for the top 4 and lose to City, Liverpool, Leicester and United before we've even hit 10 games played.

This 100%
Hardly falls on Arteta given the fact that we simply don’t have the personnel to create goals at will, but top 4 was never truly realistic let’s be honest. We’re an upper mid table team right now and that’s fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom