• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Vanfrothan

Good for Moller to get off the mark in his first game. Really interested to see how he develops.

Always liked having a big man in the squad to mix it up if plan A isn't working.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Good for Moller to get off the mark in his first game. Really interested to see how he develops.

Always liked having a big man in the squad to mix it up if plan A isn't working.
could always give Papa a start - he's undoubtedly big

and Özil could also get a start, if he shows promise in training

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I watched the u23 game vs City while I was conducting a test (cheeky).

Firstly, incredibly poor squad planning to have only 3 substitutes available - none of them being a goalkeeper. Taylor Foran - an U18 first year centre back - made his debut playing in goal and miraculously prevented the score from being much worse, putting on a decent performance and making a string of saves.

Can't blame Bould too much for the performance in isolation to be honest - we started the game well and did pretty well even after losing Hein (crazy challenge from him that led to the red). The new guy Moller looks pretty decent - won everything in the air and holds up the ball really well (as you'd expect a 6'5 target man to do) and generally looked solid. Azeez also was one of our better players and it raises questions about why he hasn't been starting more regularly this season. I thought Lopez looked pretty good and I want to see more of him. Balogun was good and it was his good play that led to our goal - but while his dribbling was very good and he fought hard, he was also incredibly greedy at times and squandered a number of decent attacking opportunities.

As I said, can't blame Bould too much for the performance but ultimately I don't think he has performed well at all as manager this season.

Vanfrothan

Doesn't Arsenal show the U23 games? Or do anyone know where to find them?

Haven't done for a while now. No idea why.

Most other clubs show at least some of their U23 goals on their website but we seem to be way behind the curve on this one.

It's a bit embarrassing to be honest. We're supposedly trying to return to being one of the top clubs in Europe but I've actually seen our website referring fans to other clubs' websites (the likes of Swansea, Brighton) to watch our team rather than show it themselves.

The demand is clearly there, they're just to cheap to do anything about it.

If you're looking for a place to watch them, I'd try the website of the club we are playing against. If it's not on there, it's probably not anywhere.

Swedishgold

Haven't done for a while now. No idea why.

Most other clubs show at least some of their U23 goals on their website but we seem to be way behind the curve on this one.

It's a bit embarrassing to be honest. We're supposedly trying to return to being one of the top clubs in Europe but I've actually seen our website referring fans to other clubs' websites (the likes of Swansea, Brighton) to watch our team rather than show it themselves.

The demand is clearly there, they're just to cheap to do anything about it.

If you're looking for a place to watch them, I'd try the website of the club we are playing against. If it's not on there, it's probably not anywhere.

Thanks for the info, have been looking around on the other teams that play in the PL2 websites and it looks like the most of them doesn’t show their U23 games. With such big numbers of followers that all of theses teams have I can’t understand how they can’t show these games. A lot of the fans would probably like to watch the up and coming players in their club.

And by the way, you can watch the highlights of the u23 team at arsenal.com

https://player.arsenal.com/matches/academy/competitions

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Blackburn is usually quite decent against us at this level so a very good results from the lads.
They were unbeaten going into this game aswell. This is a huge, potentially morale-boosting victory. It's also the most balanced lineups Bould has put out and it's no surprise that we won.

Moller looks a good acquisition, ESR building up fitness and confidence, a cleansheet on his debut for Zach Awe and the returning Joseph Olowu. Norton-Cuffy with an assist on his debut - Brooke Norton-Cuffy seems to have taken his opportunity with both hands in the wake of Alebiosu and Oyegoke's respective injuries. Still 16 but very athletic and very promising. We are absolutely STACKED for RBs. Great to see Cirjan get a goal aswell and hopefully gets more game time.

Now for the U18s to push forward tomorrow and build on their massive victory last week with another win. Taylor-Hart should be available for that one and after his hattrick, could be more goals in store!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There much talk about how impressive Moller our new Swedish CF is watched some videos in his u23 games he look gaint his style look similar to Giroud a tall striker but with skills

Latest posts+

Top Bottom