• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | Sunday 1st November |16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who was your Man of the Match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m confused can Saliba play in this because he’s U-21 right?

Or is he out of the squad altogether?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We could have Henry up front, Bergkamp behind him & Pires to his left. It's all for naught if Mustafi/Kolasinac are anywhere near the vicinity of Old Trafford.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What choice does he have though? Of course Mustafi will start.
If he wants a chance of winning this he needs to play Saliba.

Remember 2017 when Mustafi gifted a goal to Lingard when we had 33 shots at them, but they still won. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Mustafi panics under pressure, always has. And the one thing you can be sure of, we'll be under pressure.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Let me get this right we've bought 8 CBs, thats 8! 2 are invisible, 4 are injured and Mustafi's one of the two that are fit? Arteta luck.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We could have Henry up front, Bergkamp behind him & Pires to his left. It's all for naught if Mustafi/Kolasinac are anywhere near the vicinity of Old Trafford.

2001, Man United v Arsenal, our team includes Henry, Pires and Vieira...we lose 6-1...

george-clooney-descendants.gif

Grimandi-Stepanvos centre-back pairing, with Adams and Keown out injured...

south-park-it-all-makes-sense-now.gif

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

My 3 would be Saka, AMN & Willock.

Saka Auba Pepe
AMN Elneny Partey Willock
Tierney Gabriel Bellerin
Leno
I don't think saka's finishing is good enough to play him in attack.
We should play him in Midfield IMO.
We really need a player to knit the midfield and attack together.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Surely this would be absolute ****. He's clearly not ready yet, he's still incredibly young and throwing him in the deep end against the likes of Rashford on form, Martial, potentially Cavani, Bruno and others could end up doing a lot more harm than good. If there was any game to put him in, this is certainly not the one to do it. You'd want to be playing him vs a WBA or the likes of them, not against one of the best attacks in the league. I'd say currently arguably the best behind Liverpool on form.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Surely this would be absolute ****. He's clearly not ready yet, he's still incredibly young and throwing him in the deep end against the likes of Rashford on form, Martial, potentially Cavani, Bruno and others could end up doing a lot more harm than good. If there was any game to put him in, this is certainly not the one to do it. You'd want to be playing him vs a WBA or the likes of them, not against one of the best attacks in the league. I'd say currently arguably the best behind Liverpool on form.
It's not like Saliba hasn't played against Cavani before?

Fofana looked assured against us in the Leicester backline and he's already keeping Morgan out of the team.

Anyway, it was a suggestion. If Mustafi is not up to it, I'd rather Saliba plays. I agree this is not the best situation to start him though.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Saliba hasn't played once this season and people think he'd start over Mustafi who Mikel has clearly tried to bed in after his injury?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's not like Saliba hasn't played against Cavani before?

Fofana looked assured against us in the Leicester backline and he's already keeping Morgan out of the team.

Anyway, it was a suggestion. If Mustafi is not up to it, I'd rather Saliba plays. I agree this is not the best situation to start him though.

Fofana looking assured vs us when Leicester played a 5-4-1 deep block compared to us who'll play a relatively high-line vs United you'd imagine (and we do despite how defensive some claim we are) are completely different situations and besides there's clearly some issue with Saliba hence why he's been so uninvolved. He's clearly not ready. Of course Mustafi is not ideal, and of course there's always that potential for him to do something stupid but currently it's the lesser of two evils purely for what it could do to Saliba's confidence if he has a torrid time. I honestly think it could be a disaster for him, something which he mightn't recover from. It's a terrible situation we're in but I don't think throwing a 19 year old in the deep end for such a game is the right answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom