• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | Sunday 1st November |16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who was your Man of the Match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Saliba hasn't played once this season and people think he'd start over Mustafi who Mikel has clearly tried to bed in after his injury?

It'd take such a dramatic u-turn in terms of how Mikel views Saliba currently for him to throw him into this match against such an attack. I also think if Saliba was to be bedded in, it'd probably have to be in a back three alongside Luiz because of his experience. As promising as Gabriel is, I'm not sure if he'd be able to help Saliba much.

OSBK

Established Member
We all know it will be a negative setup. If we play with the handbrake on against leicester then no way arteta will play expansive.

Tough game with both teams having a not so perfect plan A and a car crash plan B.

Cavani to score is a no brainer

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't think saka's finishing is good enough to play him in attack.
We should play him in Midfield IMO.
We really need a player to knit the midfield and attack together.

You could swap Willian and Saka but I prefer Saka in front 3 to Willian. Once Martinelli is back Saka can rotate with Willian to avoid burnout.

Martinelli Auba Pepe
Saka/Willian

or

Auba Martinelli Pepe
Saka/Willian

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Over/under on United penalties would be 1.5. You know they’ll get one, and let’s face it, maybe deserved with Mustafi and Xhaka playing. But it’s whether they’ll get two. I know how I’d bet.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You could swap Willian and Saka but I prefer Saka in front 3 to Willian. Once Martinelli is back Saka can rotate with Willian to avoid burnout.

Martinelli Auba Pepe
Saka/Willian

or

Auba Martinelli Pepe
Saka/Willian
The second lineup is what I'll like to see. It's comfortably out best attack.

I don't know in what shape Martinelli will return. I just hope he doesn't lose a step when comes back.

African Flair

Ligue 1 is continuing despite France’s national lockdown. I doubt the premier league gets suspended.
They shut down last season and got sued for tv money so they're already in deep ****. In reality tho, no major league can afford to shut down.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We all know it will be a negative setup. If we play with the handbrake on against leicester then no way arteta will play expansive.

Tough game with both teams having a not so perfect plan A and a car crash plan B.

Cavani to score is a no brainer

We need to stop conceding midfield in every game for the sake of an extra pass at the back. The 2 in a double pivot is easily smothered by a midfield 3.

This cuts off a supply line to our attack and means we have to rely on defenders hoofing it forwards to players who are all poor at winning aerial duels.

United couldn’t live with Hojberg, Nodombele and Sissoko in the middle. You’ve got to win the ball in the opposition half to control games like this.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Since we won the league at Old Trafford our record (league games) reads like this

LDLLWLDLLLLLDLDLDD

The only win coming in 2006 with a goal just 4 minutes from time from Adebayor.

Might give this one a miss tomorrow.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

2001, Man United v Arsenal, our team includes Henry, Pires and Vieira...we lose 6-1...

george-clooney-descendants.gif

Grimandi-Stepanvos centre-back pairing, with Adams and Keown out injured...

south-park-it-all-makes-sense-now.gif

Glory hunting United fans heckled me incessantly for weeks at University after that freak result. Think that was the last time Stepanovs played a match for us :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s the worst Utd team of the last 30 years with maybe one of their worst managers ever.

Don’t know why you guys are acting like we’re going to go and play against Jesus Christ and his boys tomorrow.

Gegen Pressing

We're sitting 12th in the table and if we lose we are dangerously
close to a relegation battle. Most important game of season so far.

It’s the worst Utd team of the last 30 years with maybe one of their worst managers ever.

Don’t know why you guys are acting like we’re going to go and play against Jesus Christ and his boys tomorrow.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Since we won the league at Old Trafford our record (league games) reads like this

LDLLWLDLLLLLDLDLDD

The only win coming in 2006 with a goal just 4 minutes from time from Adebayor.

Might give this one a miss tomorrow.
Come on man, they've outspent us by a multiplier of 10 since then. It's not a level playing field.

Plutarch

We've been playing so poorly I'm finding it impossible to be optimistic about this game. Man United are not a good team but they've hit some decent form and that will probably be enough to beat us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom