• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I can assume from this that James doesn't know what he's talking about. Given that under Arteta Xhaka is seeing less of the ball, making less forward passes and less runs. Virtually all the statistics would indicate that Arteta doesn't trust Xhaka and see's Luiz as a safer option when building from the back.
It’s happening, isn’t it? Sometimes I think it’s my inner need to see the back of him getting the better of me, but I see it! There are little signs and noises... Tell me it’s so?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Isn't Gunnerblog the guy who does those terrible Arsenal themed music videos?

Yeah...don't think he, like DT, is exactly "In the know" :lol:

That being said, I will give Arteta all the time in the world...but if Xhaka is still starting for us when next season starts, then it's time to say goodbye Mikel!

Gunnerblog annoys the **** out of me but he writes for the Athletic often writes articles with Amy lawrence. .
Was Michael Cox that made that claim anyway.

blaze_of_glory

Gunnerblog annoys the **** out of me but he writes for the Athletic often writes articles with Amy lawrence. .
Was Michael Cox that made that claim anyway.
It was Cox? I went by the reddit post saying it was J. Gunnerblog and then skipped through to the discussion on the podcast and couldn't really tell who was who talking.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I told man... Edu likes legs... You think he liked seeing Granit get put in a rizla and bun the other night? Hmmm. No.
Edu has won league titles and won world cups with Vieira and Silva. There’s no way in hell he’d be okay with Xhaka as a starting midfielder for us. Man worked over time to bring in Partey for us.

RunTheTrap

Anyone else think Xhaka’s stock is falling? First time he’s being benched or substituted this season. Liverpool A, Sheffield H, City A where he didn’t play a full 90. And don’t give me that international break nonsense. What obligation does Arteta have to Switzerland? Moving on, Elneny’s resurgence has made Xhaka not so imperative to Arteta’s plans imo. Second time this season he’s been dropped back to a CB. Initially, I thought it was just for build up purposes but he seems like a defender. I’m not saying he’s being dropped but I do feel like this is the transition from a team that is not so dependent on Xhaka to survive. You don’t spend £50 million on Partey for banter. Clubs don’t spend big money on players to help weaker players, normally they replace them. We spent 55 on Lacazette to make Giroud redundant
We spent 60 on Auba and Iwobi suffered. Etc etc.

Gegen Pressing

Quite the opposite.
He was subbed because overused.
The last thing Arteta needs now is a MF crisis on top of a CB crisis on top of a ..
mid table crisis.

Anyone else think Xhaka’s stock is falling? First time he’s being benched or substituted this season. Liverpool A, Sheffield H, City A where he didn’t play a full 90. And don’t give me that international break nonsense. What obligation does Arteta have to Switzerland? Moving on, Elneny’s resurgence has made Xhaka not so imperative to Arteta’s plans imo. Second time this season he’s been dropped back to a CB. Initially, I thought it was just for build up purposes but he seems like a defender. I’m not saying he’s being dropped but I do feel like this is the transition from a team that is not so dependent on Xhaka to survive. You don’t spend £50 million on Partey for banter. Clubs don’t spend big money on players to help weaker players, normally they replace them. We spent 55 on Lacazette to make Giroud redundant

blaze_of_glory

Second only to Leno in minutes played in all comps.
Most minutes played of any of our midfielders in the League

https://fbref.com/en/squads/18bb7c10/2020-2021/all_comps/Arsenal-Stats-All-Competitions

https://fbref.com/en/squads/18bb7c10/2020-2021/s10728/Arsenal-Stats-Premier-League

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Again looking at stats without taking the context. Partey was signed recently. Without him, we had only three senior midfielders while other teams had many options. With Partey now, how Arteta plans to choose his midfield still doesn't have enough clarity. Especially with the CB shortage we have now.

blaze_of_glory

Again looking at stats without taking the context. Partey was signed recently. Without him, we had only three senior midfielders while other teams had many options. With Partey now, how Arteta plans to choose his midfield still doesn't have enough clarity. Especially with the CB shortage we have now.
The question was whether his stock appears to be falling within the team. Thus far the evidence is much the opposite.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The question was whether his stock appears to be falling within the team. Thus far the evidence is much the opposite.
Stocks are falling means he is not starting as regularly as before. Unlike the past where there was no chance he would have been dropped, now there is a chance that he could be. He has been substituted or benched more often, unlike before. So there is no point in comparing him with other team midfielders.

RunTheTrap

I wasn't talking rubbish you know. Big away game at a top 4 rival and he's getting benched for Elneny. If we somehow win this game then this probably the end of Xhaka's time as a starter.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
@Jury was right. Xhaka is droppable in Arteta’s view.

A shame. I remember him scoring a banger against Utd.

According to Arteta pre-match its *rotational*, specifically mentioning Xhaka playing lots of minutes in the last few weeks. Hinted at them coming on second half if things go wrong.

That said that's pre-match manager speak. Who knows?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Jury was right. Xhaka is droppable in Arteta’s view.

A shame. I remember him scoring a banger against Utd.
I’d play with 11 Xhaka’s as long as we won mate. I just tell it as I see it and try my best to be objective. If Xhaka proves at any point to be part of our strongest 11, he has to play whether I rate him or not. I’m Arsenal till I die at the end of the day.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
People writing essays and making podcasts about how Xhaka is Arteta's main man only to see him benched by Elneny.
If you still think Xhaka will make the midfield better, I don't think any logical argument can change your mind. For a change, our midfield was winning balls, breaking out of press, showing urgency in moving the ball forward, helped out in both attack and defense by running quickly to and fro both sides of the pitch. In short, we actually dominated the midfield. Something, we forgot how to do with years of Xhaka. Time to move him on to Europa League and cup matches.

RunTheTrap

My agenda is on fire today. My Ghanaian brother Partey ended Xhaka. My Dad was born in the same town as Partey. My house is rocking. First time in years we've won at Old Trafford. First time we have won at a top 6 rival since 2015. We haven't won at a top 6 ground since Xhaka came along in 2016. And to add insult to injury he's now Elneny's back up. Loooooooooooooool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom