• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
@Manberg @blaze_of_glory @Erliss
You alright guys?

We won, so all of us are I assume. Great performance by Elneny and Partey. Xhaka will have to get his way back in the team.

That said, he will automatically. As I predicted there's still gonna be lots of rotation this year. Both him and Ceballos will get both chances.

On the team performance as a whole, I'm not as happy as I should be. United had probably the worst team performance we played this year. There, I said it. Yet we only got to win it with a penalty. Not fully there yet.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We won, so all of us are I assume. Great performance by Elneny and Partey. Xhaka will have to get his way back in the team.

That said, he will automatically. As I predicted there's still gonna be lots of rotation this year. Both him and Ceballos will get both chances.

On the team performance as a whole, I'm not as happy as I should be. United had probably the worst team performance we played this year. There, I said it. Yet we only got to win it with a penalty. Not fully there yet.
The midfield's job was done. They protected the defense well and created plenty of chances for the forwards. After a long time, I could see Arsenal midfield showing some urgency, instead of moving like a tanker lorry. I accept that there will be rotation as we have been stretched thin in this area and a Ceballos injury could make things difficult. Till then, we are better off keeping Xhaka for EL/ cup matches.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
There's no surprise that we actually played considerably better without this piece of sh1t in the team. He's a liability hopefully now arteta can finally see we don't need to build a team around this bums weaknesses. El nannys performance today should be the final nail in xhakas arsenals career (should have ended after telling us to **** off vs Palace)

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Don't really feel the need of Xhaka now with Partey in midfield, reduces the amount Partey gets on the ball I feel.
Xhaka still a good squad option to have in the meantime.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Beginning of the end for him. Will still come in useful but I didn’t realise Partey could spray the ball around like that.

The only thing that Xhaka had over Partey was his line breaking passes but for reasons unknown he doesn’t do those anymore. Partey does everything current Xhaka does and then some.

Xhaka just got PS4’d.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We didn't miss him today.

That's the first time I can say that in a while, as the state of our midfield was so bad that he was the most crucial. I'm glad this has changed. Now he's really gotta do better.
Will be interesting to see how he responds.

There was a statistical piece that showed Arteta essentially made him look better by reducing his usage rate and the risks he took in possession. Not really sure what he can do to get back in without ignoring the managers instructions.

darkgunner

Time to sell this guy, 15m fee would be good enough. Maybe even up to 20m, since Arteta did a good enough job at rehabilitating him to the point where he can fraud some fans into thinking he's actually good.

When the saboteurs like him and Mustafi disappear from the team, we'll be going back to the CL regularly.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Will be interesting to see how he responds.

There was a statistical piece that showed Arteta essentially made him look better by reducing his usage rate and the risks he took in possession. Not really sure what he can do to get back in without ignoring the managers instructions.
I think this should be the beginning of the phasing out of Xhaka. He still has a significant part to play IMO but eventually we should be replacing him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Xhaka didn’t play and this thread is more popular than ever. You love to see it.
The posts calling him a piece of sh*t are just bottom of the barrel stuff but this was coming tbh. Partey was always going to be a massive threat to him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Very encouraging that there seems to be an answer that doesn’t involve him.

I’m not gonna get excited as he still has a big part to play but, yeah light at the end of the tunnel.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
My agenda is on fire today. My Ghanaian brother Partey ended Xhaka. My Dad was born in the same town as Partey. My house is rocking. First time in years we've won at Old Trafford. First time we have won at a top 6 rival since 2015. We haven't won at a top 6 ground since Xhaka came along in 2016. And to add insult to injury he's now Elneny's back up. Loooooooooooooool.
:lol: It must feel particularly special. Enjoy the rest of the Sunday :clap:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Xhaka FINALLY no longer an undisputed starter...

b76cb657e49bf9e783c48bfac7ae4941b0efebc5.gifv

...waited years for this :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom