• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

Dennsb247

So 6 games in and we are 3/0/3.

each of the losses have been close in my opinion.

however 2 of the wins were also.

we could easily be on 5 wins. But the key I think is the front 3 not firing. Which could be due to Attacking mid performance or even tactics from Arteta.

Most disappointing is our finishing though even Auba has missed several simple chances.

with Munted up next what do you think we can change and what team selection needed for a win . Hopeful

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Popping this in here as its looking at all teams in the league and further afield. I don't like our positioning in this chart. Our rivals either getting more shots or bodies into the box or doing both better. Liverpool and City scoring very strongly. Bayern and PSG as European stand outs.

We need to shoot more and get more players into the box when we do shoot.

Suggests it will be a classic encounter between us and United

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We have 0 chance of securing top 4. Call it reactionary after Leicester but it's based on league performance since Arteta took over.

No point getting blind sided by a cup win. What we need is league performances and progression and to date there is very little if any of that.

We are no wiser of Artetas tactics, what his actual style of play is. What players are improving under him. Theres very little substance of anything. The football is horrible the defending is overrated people thinking we have massively improved. We have massively improved because every player is defending and no longer free to attack.

City and Liverpool have superior managers and superior squads along with bigger budgets and winning experience. They will occupy 2 places. Which 2 remains to be seen.

Chelsea's squad on paper is very good and it's only a matter of time before those new players (who are either world class or very close to it) click.

Sp**s team has massively improved and seems to be finding the creativity that Mourinho teams often lack.

United is united. Crap against Palace but on any given day can get a result against a City or Liverpool. Proved last year even with a crap manager they still got the job done.

Leciester has shown us they can get results against anyone and need consistency. Wolves are doing OK.

Unfortunately Arteta needs CL football next year to kick on and that looks miles away. Theres 0 logical reasoning or evidence to date why we would outperform those other teams. His decisions are looking more Emery like trying round pegs in square holes and unable to coach and find the balance between attack and defence.

Not including Saliba in the EL squad looks a wierd one (people talk about his mum but if he can play under 23s he can play a match against Dundalk). The Özil situation has proven Arteta is a yes man and will make decisions based on what hes told. There is no logical footballing reason. Özil is good enough for a last 15 mins of the bench.

Manberg

Predator
Despite Van Dijk’s injury Liverpool are still winning the league for me. Klopp has his players and the structure of his team set up as close to how he wants it than any other manager. Makes me rather jealous because they have a finished article whilst it’s going to take us 3 or 4 years to get to the point that we can say Arteta has his team the way he wants.

I’m also envious of the money Lampard got and how he’s able to get the pick of players he wants for Chelsea. If Arteta got that kind of backing, we’d be challenging for the league within a year.

Squad wise we don’t have business of finishing in the top 4. I think that City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd comfortably have stronger squads than us. Case can be made for Sp**s because their duo of Kane and Son elevates them so much. If we do get top 4 then it’s down to Arteta magic.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We're one point off top 4 having played City, Utd and Liverpool away. We probably have the same amount of points most people would've expected at this stage (a Leicester win instead of winning at Utd), but we're a lot closer to the top 4 than most would've expected when we saw those opening fixtures. We're in a really good position moving forward.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We have 0 chance of securing top 4. Call it reactionary after Leicester but it's based on league performance since Arteta took over.

No point getting blind sided by a cup win. What we need is league performances and progression and to date there is very little if any of that.

We are no wiser of Artetas tactics, what his actual style of play is. What players are improving under him. Theres very little substance of anything. The football is horrible the defending is overrated people thinking we have massively improved. We have massively improved because every player is defending and no longer free to attack.

City and Liverpool have superior managers and superior squads along with bigger budgets and winning experience. They will occupy 2 places. Which 2 remains to be seen.

Chelsea's squad on paper is very good and it's only a matter of time before those new players (who are either world class or very close to it) click.

Sp**s team has massively improved and seems to be finding the creativity that Mourinho teams often lack.

United is united. Crap against Palace but on any given day can get a result against a City or Liverpool. Proved last year even with a crap manager they still got the job done.

Leciester has shown us they can get results against anyone and need consistency. Wolves are doing OK.

Unfortunately Arteta needs CL football next year to kick on and that looks miles away. Theres 0 logical reasoning or evidence to date why we would outperform those other teams. His decisions are looking more Emery like trying round pegs in square holes and unable to coach and find the balance between attack and defence.

Not including Saliba in the EL squad looks a wierd one (people talk about his mum but if he can play under 23s he can play a match against Dundalk). The Özil situation has proven Arteta is a yes man and will make decisions based on what hes told. There is no logical footballing reason. Özil is good enough for a last 15 mins of the bench.
Ah! You always seem to post on here after a defeat but disappear after a win.
What a shock!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
United(A)
Villa(H)
Leeds(A)
Wolves(H)
Sp**s(A)
Burnley(H)
Southampton(H)
Everton(A)

We're getting beat next week 100%. Then we have a slightly more winnable game against Villa. Leeds(A) once again I'm expecting an L. Wolves(H) is an absolute must win as well. If we get 6 maybe 7 at best from those 4 games, we'll see how we get on from there.
Did ourselves a massive favor with this win. A point against Leeds and 2 wins vs Villa and Wolves will set us up nicely for the NLD. Let's see

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Villa and Wolves at home should be wins, cant accept anything less from home games against those teams. It'll be difficult though. Leeds are good but beatable. We could ruin them on the counter.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Playing away or home this season make little difference because no fans make huge difference so for team like ours is big advantage. Because usually at home we one of best in league our away form is poverty in last few years

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

In my opinion, we have a massive advantage with no fans. There’s no crowd at Emirates to moan and groan when it’s 0-0 at half time.

Also less popular players are free to do the job Arteta asks them to do without fans disapproval.

There’s no way we win FA Cup and pull off our bigger wins with our fans/rival fans I am sure they are hinderance and add to nerves.

Martinez, Luiz, Mustafi, Holding all massively benefitted from it.
I doubt Arteta could even call on Lacazette if fans were present as he'd have surely been boo'ed out of selection by now.
Also we were able to give Xhaka the armband back calmly as well. I'm not sure how the fans would have reacted.

I remember the fans chanting for Özil at the start of Emery’s second season when he tried to bench him, that would have 100% happened again.

As long as there are no fans, we are very very strong on the pitch. Weak off the the pitch the longer this continues though.

We walk top 4 if it stays like this.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In my opinion, we have a massive advantage with no fans. There’s no crowd at Emirates to moan and groan when it’s 0-0 at half time.

Also less popular players are free to do the job Arteta asks them to do without fans disapproval.

There’s no way we win FA Cup and pull off our bigger wins with our fans/rival fans I am sure they are hinderance and add to nerves.

I doubt Arteta could even call on Lacazette if fans were present as he'd have surely been boo'ed out of selection by now.
Also we were able to give Xhaka the armband back calmly as well. I'm not sure how the fans would have reacted.

I remember the fans chanting for Özil at the start of Emery’s second season when he tried to bench him, that would have 100% happened again.

As long as there are no fans, we are very very strong on the pitch. Weak off the the pitch the longer this continues though.

Our home support has been quite bad, since the Leicester season really, they do give up and get on the players back very quickly...saying that we have tended to buy too many players that crumble under pressure in that time (Xhaka, Mustafi etc.) so it's a bad mix all round.

Also away from home many of our players seem to wilt when up against a hostile crowd the last few years, so not having that anymore is also helping...win-win for Arsenal this pandemic really :lol:

say yes

forum master baiter

But it's the away form which has cost us over the last few seasons?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

But it's the away form which has cost us over the last few seasons?
We were far from unbeatable at home. Emery got shown the door due to his style of play and results.

Could you see our recent performances and team selections going down well with the fans?

Many fans were nervous and had written off our season when Leno got injured- would we have seen a different Martinez with our lot behind him? We don’t know.

No away fans helps us as well anyways - which is also my point.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If there is any advantage for us it's away. Our home form has been title challenge level recent years, despite how toxic it has been..

Top Bottom